Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Hmmm? does that say Minidp? Mini DisplayPort?

That is old technology no?
Yeah it said 'minidp' in the original screenshot, unchanged by the translation. Mini-DP is still a thing, it's just a smaller DisplayPort, but yeah it's not a port that modern Apple machines still have.

I suppose it's possible that 'minidp' could refer to a USB-C port. Bit of a stretch.

The whole thing is rather weird. I don't think we can give it any credence without a lot more context and info on where it came from.

Yeah it said 'minidp' in the original screenshot, unchanged by the translation. Mini-DP is still a thing, it's just a smaller DisplayPort, but yeah it's not a port that modern Apple machines still have.

I suppose it's possible that 'minidp' could refer to a USB-C port. Bit of a stretch.

The whole thing is rather weird. I don't think we can give it any credence without a lot more context and info on where it came from.
I believe that the Apple RX 5700 XT has Thunderbolt connectivity so this is obviously some kind of mistake.

For the low, low price of $1,999 anyone can now own the 6800XT. Amazing.

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Thanks, I've tried that, but still couldn't boot. It was fine with previous versions of Big Sur.
Actually, I'm fine with power cable approach, because when I disabled the RX 6800 with SSDT, It still uses around 200w on idle. But if I unplug one of the power cables, it only uses around 30w. (I've measured those with an external energy meter)

With the release of the latest OC today, OC 0.6.8, they also released a new whatevergreen.kext, version 1.4.9, which enables the disabling of a GPU. Should be easier (better?) than using an SSDT. May be worth a look.

RX 6xxx (XT) is really a neverending Story :/

Are there any good chances in the 11.4 update for the rx 6000?

Are there any good chances in the 11.4 update for the rx 6000?
I think it should come at 11.4. I posted a screenshot earlier but got deleted. An AMD engineer was claimed he has a unrelased beta version already support big navi but there are some issue they are still working on it.

Back