Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I'm more interested to know what algorithms you used to purchase your 6800 xt on release date ;)

hopefully by the time it's natively supported with solid performance there will be plenty of stock available (2022?)
Check out the action on eBay for these cards. Most going for $1,300. This link is for a paper card (not a video card), 10% of proceeds go to charity. its a joke and possibly meant to trap bots?

New ListingRadeon rx 6800 xt (white card edition)

@Douric I was buying the card at alternate.de with a pretty hefty price tag at 820 Euros.

@Gigamaxx Im trying to remove the snapshot, but im running into the same problem lika a user in the original thread. When i run diskutil removeSnapshot -xid xxx i get Insufficent privileges.

Also i did some research, it seems like egpu users encounter the same problem right now. One guy over at macrumours is saying the driver seems to be 80% ready. But it seems to fit right now - GPU is bootable but not fully supported yet.

@Douric I was buying the card at alternate.de with a pretty hefty price tag at 820 Euros.

@Gigamaxx Im trying to remove the snapshot, but im running into the same problem lika a user in the original thread. When i run diskutil removeSnapshot -xid xxx i get Insufficent privileges.

Also i did some research, it seems like egpu users encounter the same problem right now. One guy over at macrumours is saying the driver seems to be 80% ready. But it seems to fit right now - GPU is bootable but not fully supported yet.

The AMDRadeonX6000.kext is the problem it is missing the code for Navi 21, 22, and 23 which is needed along with the ID in the info.plist.

If you run a hex editor on the 6000Framebuffer.kext you see Navi 21, 22, 23 support and the ID in the info plist.

When you run the 6000.kext in hex editor it shows no signs of Big Navi.
This is the kext you would edit the info.plist for ID.

You have boot into recovery and run both the csrutil disable reboot into recovery and run csrutil authenticated-root disable then try to find the snapshot.

awesome, sounds promising

@tleej Any luck? Just received my Powercolor RX 6800. Running 11.1 Beta, but haven't installed the card yet (still using my RX 5700XT).

@TexTokyo Not working for me right now, i tried spoofing the device id but it seems not to apply the spoof. But still figuring out some stuff cause i hadn't a running system before, cause all my parts are new. Had the problem that my recovery drive was not showing up but this seems to be fixed now - so i will try to remove the snapshot later today. When im done with this i'll try the idea of @Gigamaxx

@tleej Any luck? Just received my Powercolor RX 6800. Running 11.1 Beta, but haven't installed the card yet (still using my RX 5700XT).
Hi, 11.1 will boot without acceleration in case you were thinking of having to leave your PC open :) Closed mine and waiting for acceleration to work. Optimism!

for those cards to be fully supported you will have to wait untill at least version .3

i tried with my nvidia 3090 but is not supported either

i will have to wait untill version
.tim is gone

:lol:

to have nvidia support

Back