CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Because NAVI 21 device IDs appear in multiple kexts, I wonder if we need to add 0x73AF to some or all of them:
  • AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext
  • AMDRadeonX6800HWLibs.kext
  • AMDRadeonX6000.kext (for NAVI 21 Graphics Accelerator)
The attached kext combines Navi 21 IOKit Personalities from the two boldfaced items.
Unfortunately no change again.

Attachments

• ioreg-fb-patch-2.ioreg
    9.2 MB · Views: 33
Motherboard
Asus ROG Z690 Formula
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unfortunately no change again.
You may have done this already but have you tried booting (using the updated ssdts)with just the Big navi card alone, and remove the 580?

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You may have done this already but have you tried booting (using the updated ssdts)with just the Big navi card alone, and remove the 580?
Yeah, I've tried that a few times along the way.
In the cases where the device-id spoofing does not work, I can boot into macOS, but with a generic framebuffer attached. The GPU still shows up the same as with the RX580 in the system, though.

In the one case where spoofing the ID via SSDT only leads to the black-screen boot, booting off of the Big Navi card directly gives me a freeze frame at the end of the boot process, just before entering the login screen. I assume the last picture only remains because macOS loses its handle on the GPU at that point.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yeah, I've tried that a few times along the way.
In the cases where the device-id spoofing does not work, I can boot into macOS, but with a generic framebuffer attached. The GPU still shows up the same as with the RX580 in the system, though.

In the one case where spoofing the ID via SSDT only leads to the black-screen boot, booting off of the Big Navi card directly gives me a freeze frame at the end of the boot process, just before entering the login screen. I assume the last picture only remains because macOS loses its handle on the GPU at that point.
** Mission Irresponsible: I disavow all knowledge of this post :) **

Crypto miners regularly modify the VBIOS on their AMD GPUs using ATI Flash. The latest version from TechPowerUp supports NAVI 21. This is used to read/write the VBIOS, but another tool called Radeon BIOS Editor or RBE is used to modify the BIOS. Both are only usable in Windows.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
finally got it working. did took a long cut of downloading and installing the recovery of CATALINE 10.5.7 and then updating via beta profile. but its here, finally.

People should remember to leave their system do the work if they have not added the BOOT ARGS: "agdpmod=pikera" the installation happens on its own. when you don't see the mac Installation and only see mac as boot option in the open core menu, you know that its good to go. now you can either add the option and you will start getting the display as mentioned before.

The only issue I have is that I find the brigthness low even after 100 % at hardware level. what can the be issue here ?

View attachment 516228
If this is real, can you enlighten us a bit?
I think you would be the first one I see that has the new 6X00 running with Hardware Acceleration

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD 6900XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If this is real, can you enlighten us a bit?
I think you would be the first one I see that has the new 6X00 running with Hardware Acceleration
Have you missed everything said in the last 20+ pages? :) 6800/6800XT/6900XT drivers have been out for days, in 11.4 beta 1.

1619381667447.png

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
** Mission Irresponsible: I disavow all knowledge of this post :) **

Crypto miners regularly modify the VBIOS on their AMD GPUs using ATI Flash. The latest version from TechPowerUp supports NAVI 21. This is used to read/write the VBIOS, but another tool called Radeon BIOS Editor or RBE is used to modify the BIOS. Both are only usable in Windows.
Well, I might give that a shot, I was about to install Windows for dual booting anyway.
I'll update you guys if I either succeed or blow up, but it'll probably take me a few days to set this up.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I might give that a shot, I was about to install Windows for dual booting anyway.
I'll update you guys if I either succeed or blow up, but it'll probably take me a few days to set this up.
Ouch, it seems Radeon BIOS Editor (RBE) does not support the latest AMD GPUs.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 1.25.13 PM.png

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD 6900XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I did wonder if he could maybe just download a reference MBA VBIOS and flash that?

Though I don't know what's different about these binned cards - whether they have other BIOS tweaks and improvements that might be lost at the same time?