Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I am trying OpenCore but it only shows 11.2.3 so did you had installed this before and then upgraded via system upgrade to beta ? if not then how to download the 11.4 beta 1 directly ? I tried with gibMacOS-master, downloaded the version but got some warning related translation file missing at the time of copying it to usb :(
I singed up for the beta program through apple for the update. My OC version is 0.6.6, I just do the 1-2gb updates.

Finally, it's alive! MSI 6800xt Gaming X Trio 3xDisplayport 1x HDMI Running triple 4k.

Few bits of strange behaviour, seems like OSX is hogging a lot of memory compared to when I was using the 5700xt and it goes to full memory utilisation when I load logic. Oddly I can no longer boot when monitors plugged into the 5700xt, but I'll be removing that shortly so I get full 16xPCI on the 6800xt.

Overall seems a success,
View attachment 516133
So after removing the 5700xt there's a marginal improvement in metal, also looks like the memory utilisation has drop quite a bit too
1619233658891.png

Been following this thread closely for months and months. I have a gigabyte 6800. I just wanna know when I will be able to finally upgrade from high Sierra. And how much work do you guys think I’ll have to do? Currently my build is golden. Everything works, iCloud, iMessage etc. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Update:
same thing, unfortunately. I tried in the usb without WhateverGreen
Update: I made it! Jesus christ, I generated SMBIOS with GenSM and then somehow I lost my changes, and that's what was happening, SMBIOS hadn't saved, it was 1,1. CHanged to 7,1 and it worked omg two day saga

Hey all,

I've been watching this thread for the past 6 months.
Been running stable with Big Sur, and my 5700XT.
Plugged in my 6900XT (reference model, plan to water-cool later) with the latest beta and worked out of the box.
WEG and Lilu installed on Opencore 0.6.8 bootarg agpdmod=pikera with no drawbacks running two VG272UP displays (via DisplayPort) at 1440p/144Hz.

This is all running on an iMac 19,1 SMBIOS with iGPU in headless mode for compute tasks and quicksync.

Smooth experience with the transition - Hope this helps with anyone with a similar setup.

Just something, I'm getting around 35 fps in Dota, what could I do to fix that?

Does anyone know is 6700xt will get support? i only see info for 6800+

Does anyone know is 6700xt will get support? i only see info for 6800+
Nothing yet in relation to 6700XT support at the current time.
Unfortunately the drivers in the beta are only currently supporting the 6800 it's XT variant and the 6900XT.
Maybe future betas might have support but there is nothing yet.

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
What system did you run this on? Was it your TRX40, or another AMD with PCIe 4.0?

Back