Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

@tedyun, I know. CaseySJ asked if I could add a fake device property, so I was merely answering his question. You're right I should've made that more clear... I edited it to make it more clear. Thanks.
I’ll take a look soon at the IOReg you posted, but does it show “device-id” equal to 0x73AF or Px73BF?

I’ll take a look soon at the IOReg you posted, but does it show “device-id” equal to 0x73AF or Px73BF?
@CaseySJ, device-id = <af 73 00 00> which translates to 0x73af.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ, @tedyun did a good job summing everything up, but to clarify: I've been able to add the "model" & when I had the typo: "device_id" in DeviceProperties, it successfully added the field: "device_id." However, when the typo was corrected, it failed to overwrite the device-id.

The display plugged into the eGPU receives a signal for a brief moment during boot... Interestingly enough, if I shorten the device path to PEG2, UPSB, DSB1, or USP0 (the path for eGFX prior to the 3 pci-bridges), it is able overwrite the respective device-id... sounds like the issue has to do with the three pci-bridges:

I tried @Gigamaxx's SSDT, but to no avail. I installed the debug version of WEG & Lilu added the debug boot-args for both to try to figure it out... can't find any logs though.

Under the 3rd pci-bridge is eGFX & "pci1002,ab28@0,1." The latter is HDMI audio for the eGPU and it's loaded... the 6800, 6800 XT, 6900 XT all share the same device-id & subdevice-id for HDMI audio hence why that's working. Is it possible the SSDT is failing to rename that 3rd pci-bridge (hence the failure to overwrite the device-id) because it's shared between loaded HDMI audio component and eGFX?

I've been on the latest version (v1.5.4) from the beginning. However, at one point, I did try v1.5.2 as v1.5.3 added:
  • Added no-gfx-spoof to avoid forcing device-id values from PCI I/O.
Nothing else in the release notes for v1.5.3 & v1.5.4 applied to me and v1.5.2 "added device-id spoofing support for AMD graphics." Should I go back to troubleshooting with v1.5.2 (keeping the current version of Lilu of course)?

Here's my IOReg with your SSDT as well as my config.plist... I'm currently on Lilu v1.5.6 & WEG v1.5.4.
It says the IOReg file is corrupted....

I need a little help. Since I start using PowerColor RX6900XT, everything works fine, but FCPX became very unstable. Any idea how to fix this? Maybe I need to put some acpi file in OC acpi folder?

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    39.9 MB · Views: 43
Still corrupted!

Maybe a screenshot of the GFX0 path?
@tedyun, I just tried downloading both instances of the upload & it wasn't corrupted for me (it downloaded to a different folder, so I know I'm opening the right file). I think I figured it out though: you can't open mine due to different hardware... I have to press "Save a Copy as" instead of "Save" or "Save as." Here it is one more time... let me know if you can open it this time.

Attachments

• MacBook_Pro.ioreg
    39.8 MB · Views: 45
@tedyun, I just tried downloading both instances of the upload & it wasn't corrupted for me (it downloaded to a different folder, so I know I'm opening the right file). I think I figured it out though: you can't open mine due to different hardware... I have to press "Save a Copy as" instead of "Save" or "Save as." Here it is one more time... let me know if you can open it this time.
No attachment!

I can open your file in a text editor or Plisteditpro, but not IORegistryExplorer.

I need a little help. Since I start using PowerColor RX6900XT, everything works fine, but FCPX became very unstable. Any idea how to fix this? Maybe I need to put some acpi file in OC acpi folder?

I don't have FCPX any more to help you out :(

Back