Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Now it is working, the problem is that I had the monitor at a frequency of 165Hz and apparently it only supports up to 120Hz (My old Vega64 could use the screen at 165Hz without problems)

Many thanks!! Without your help I would never have done it!
Great stuff! Glad it works :)
Out of interest - you mentioned you got a black screen on reboot before?
Did you have these boot-args which might fix that?

shikigva=80 agdpmod=pikera

I'm sure it would be able to support 165hz over display port somehow..

I would buy POWERCOLOR AXRX 6900XT 16GBD6-3DHE/OC RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Red Devil. Does somebody try this card?
yes my brother has that card.
it works fine without spoofiing out the box.
It's the Ultimate version of that card that needs spoofing.

From a quick google search:

There are currently there are 6 XTXH models on the market:

1) ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT OC Formula 16GB

2) ASUS ROG-STRIX-LC- RX6900XT -T16G-GAMING

3) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon™ RX 6900 XT XTREME WATERFORCE WB 16G

4) PowerColor Liquid Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Ultimate 16GB GDDR6

5) PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Ultimate 16GB GDDR6

6) Sapphire TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition

I've successfully spoofed the PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Ultimate 16GB GDDR6 to work on a hackintosh. I don't know if you can get them to work in an actual MacPro or not.
Thank you!

Just wondering guys which brands of the 6800XT are confirmed working? i think it would be a good idea to have a list of confirmed working cards, as i've been looking at the TUF 6800XT, and also Powercolour 6800XT, anyone know which one works and others don't?

Just wondering guys which brands of the 6800XT are confirmed working? i think it would be a good idea to have a list of confirmed working cards, as i've been looking at the TUF 6800XT, and also Powercolour 6800XT, anyone know which one works and others don't?
Arock RX6800XT works perfect.

Anybody tried the W6600?

From a quick google search:

There are currently there are 6 XTXH models on the market:

1) ASRock AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT OC Formula 16GB

2) ASUS ROG-STRIX-LC- RX6900XT -T16G-GAMING

3) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon™ RX 6900 XT XTREME WATERFORCE WB 16G

4) PowerColor Liquid Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Ultimate 16GB GDDR6

5) PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Ultimate 16GB GDDR6

6) Sapphire TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition

I've successfully spoofed the PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Ultimate 16GB GDDR6 to work on a hackintosh. I don't know if you can get them to work in an actual MacPro or not.
Hi Infy,

I might bet getting the same card as you have. Can you post step-by-step how to get the card up and running, or point to the instructions you used?

Thanks

Ted

the 73AF cards are just a better binned card with higher clocks, sold by a few like sappire, powercooler. also referred to as Navi 21 XTXH (versus 21 XTX of 73BF)

However, you shouldn't be afraid of these cards anymore since whatevergreen makes them super easy to enable. 5 min and it's up and running so you shouldn't fear any 6900XT or 6800. but no support for 6700 or 6600 is likely ever coming since apple only bothered to enable support for chips they just deployed on their intel mac pro. This is pretty typical of apple, only support what their own hardware has. they might have added more if they continued supporting egpu but that seems dead in water too on M1, so it's likely 6700 and 6600 support is never coming.
I want to re-say thank you for pointing out this. I purchased a NITRO+ 6900 XT SE because you gave me the confidence to do so ^v^ (And it's been recognized as "0x73bf" somehow, not sure if it's supposed to be "bf")

In the beginning, I just simply replace my Vega64 with it but not doing any args modification, and it ends up with black screens, I can tell that applications still work.

And after some search work, I added `agdpmod=pikera` to the boot args, and then it works~

Because all the ACPI patch I have done is not related to the graphics card, so I'm not sure what else should I do when replacing it with 6900 XT?
(I used to do switch between GTX 770 and vega 64 a lot, and never need to modify anything when doing so, just don't have enough experience on this~)

Thank you so much for your advice again! You saved my life!

Back