Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed guide in post #1...so using Clover.
Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro WiFi
i7 9700
32GB RAM
RX 580 Sapphire
BIOS: F11

Booting up I get the screen attached. I've tried onboard HDMI no RX 580 installed, and DP to DP with RX 580.

Used EFI from #1 post and copied "working config.plist" from later post.
Attached EFI folder
Attempting Catalina fresh install.

Anyone done a clean install of Catalina yet on this board? Maybe that's my issue that I am not using Mojave?
I guess I could try Mojave and therefore I'd be following the guide correctly.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• noboot - 2.jpg
    noboot - 2.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 53
  • noboot - 1.jpg
    noboot - 1.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 58
  • EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Followed guide in post #1...so using Clover.
Gigabyte Z390 Auros Pro WiFi
i7 9700
32GB RAM
RX 580 Sapphire
BIOS: F11

Booting up I get the screen attached. I've tried onboard HDMI no RX 580 installed, and DP to DP with RX 580.

Used EFI from #1 post and copied "working config.plist" from later post.
Attached EFI folder
Attempting Catalina fresh install.

Anyone done a clean install of Catalina yet on this board? Maybe that's my issue that I am not using Mojave?
I guess I could try Mojave and therefore I'd be following the guide correctly.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!
Update your BIOS to the latest version which I Think is either 12c or 12d, best check on Gigabytes official site and I will attempt to have your system running as smooth as possible.

Update your BIOS to the latest version which I Think is either 12c or 12d, best check on Gigabytes official site and I will attempt to have your system running as smooth as possible.

Just finished updating to BIOS F12c.

The screenshots of the verbose log is attempting to boot from the macOS Catalina Install.
I have not even installed macOS yet...

I'm ok with the USB mapping that has been done on this specific posts build.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Just finished updating to BIOS F12c.

The screenshots of the verbose log is attempting to boot from the macOS Catalina Install.
I have not even installed macOS yet...

I'm ok with the USB mapping that has been done on this specific posts build.
Thanks for your help!

Creating a Mojave install now - will try with Mojave first, but would really like Catalina fresh install.

What is stopping you from doing a fresh install of Catalina?
Whatever is in the verbose log I posted 2 pictures of earlier. I understand some of this stuff, but not enough to know what's going on...black screen, ++++++++ signs and wont boot to installer.

Try plugging into a different USB port.
Tried every single USB port, same message. Trying a different jump drive. Older sandisk, now installing fresh with UniBeast to a new USB flash drive and will try again.

Created a clean vanilla UniBeast install on a newer flash drive. Had to do inject ATI and USB ownership, but it booted ok and am installing Catalina now...so far so good. Will try again with the copied EFI from the post, and see if that's messing it up or not next...

Ok - confirmed. UniBeast vanilla install, can install macOS just fine. If I copy the EFI in this post, for Catalina, it won't boot the installer correctly, which it is a guide for Mojave not Catalina so....go figure right?
- creating a Mojave installer to see if that works, which is then following the guide correctly :)

markoskz have you done a clean install of Catalina on this build yet? If so can you update with EFI for that?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, UniBeast maybe adding components that are not needed or you are making the wrong choices in building the installer with UniBeast. I suggest you make a vanilla installer without the aid of UniBeast as that is not considered as a vanilla install. There are numerous tutorials on the subject on how it's done using either Clover or Opencore. Good luck.

@markoskz - has your new WiFi/BT module arrived yet? Were you able to get it working?

I've been using my new Hackintosh for several weeks now, and it has started doing something odd: The sound stops working from time to time. I *think* it is related to putting the computer to sleep, but not always. When the computer is freshly booted up, sound works perfectly out of the front panel output jack. Sometimes after the computer has been sleeping for several hours, when it wakes up, there is no more sound. The headphones jack is still detected by the OS and the output is set there... rebooting always brings the sound back.

One other clue: Sometimes the sound seems to get very loud and then very quiet - for instance, when watching a youtube video of someone speaking over some background music, when they are not speaking, the sound gets quite loud so you can clearly hear the background music, then when they start speaking again, their first word is very loud then suddenly gets quieter so you can barely hear the background music, but their voice is normal. It's like something is trying hard to "normalize" the audio in software. This happens on just about everything - not just a single YouTube video... happens in games, when listening to music, etc.

Any ideas on any of my sound issues?

Thanks!
I have this audio issue as well. I tried messing with the Audio MIDI Setup and can get it to happen less often but it still happens. Did you ever get the audio issue figured out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back