Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered one just like that,
Can you tell me what that cable which coming outta it, please?
I understood some cards need USB connection of some type. Where does it plug into on board?
Do you think I can connect it straight to the building antenna connectors?

Looking hot, man!

The cable coming out of is the USB cable, for the Bluetooth function. The cable came with the adapter and plugs into the USB 2.0/1.1 header on the motherboard. I just used markoskz's usb mapping file, which has USB 2.0/1.1 (HS12) enabled.

I took out the the WiFi card came with the motherboard and replaced the antenna connectors with longer wire (35cm) to reach the back of the motherboard. I don't think the antenna connectors that came with the motherboard is long enough to reach even the front M.2 slot. You probably need longer ones. When getting antenna connectors, make sure it is RP-SMA to MHF4.

In case this is useful, if you uses BCM94360CS2 card, the USB connector type needs to be changed to internal in order for sleep to work properly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 10.09.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 10.09.23 PM.png
    357.5 KB · Views: 172
Thanks @markoskz! You saved my life :D
After day of hard work i find your post, and it help me to correctly install my hackintosh!!!
I have little different configuration, but all working good already one week without any problem.

I have:
- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI (ATX)
- Intel® Core™ i9-9900K
- MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost OC 8GB
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 2400MHz DDR4
- Corsair RMx Series™ RM650x
- ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB SSD PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 NVMe
- Corsair Hydro Series H115i Pro RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey
- Three Dell monitors 1x34" & 2x24"
Dual Boot MacOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10 Pro
Whats working:
+ Sleep/wake
+ USB3
+ Vega 56
+ i9
+ all temperature sensors

Whats not working:
- Front panel usb 3.0 (Need more work with USBMap script tool, because my board has more usb ports, than yours..)
- Wifi (i don't need it)
- Bluetooth
Pic:

Thanks mate! You saved my life :D
After day of hard work i find your post, and it help me to correctly install my hackintosh!!!
I have little different configuration, but all working good already one week without any problem.

I have:
- Intel® Core™ i9-9900K
Whats working:
+ Sleep/wake
+ USB3
+ Vega 56
+ i9

Whats not working:
- Front panel usb 3.0 (Need more work with USBMap script tool, because my board has more usb ports, than yours..)
- Wifi (i don't need it)
- Bluetooth
Pic:

View attachment 415988
View attachment 415989
View attachment 415990
View attachment 415991
View attachment 415992
View attachment 415993
View attachment 415994
View attachment 415995

If you boot into Windows 10 instead of Mojave, do you need to change the BIOS settings or you still use the profile of Mojave?
I am going for a Windows 10 SSD, too, but I am not sure how to settle the BIOS.

So I want to first say thank you because without this thread I would have never gotten as far as I have. I followed all of the instructions and every time I shut down my computer or if it shuts down on it's on it will not reboot. It comes up with the prohibited circle or the memory allocation error. I removed the aptio as stated and added the OsxAptiofix2drv and it didn't work. I also did OsxAptiofix3 and it didn't work either. I've been working on this for an almost a month and I am beyond frustrated. I have wifi and Bluetooth. I still need my USB-type-c to work as well. Also no airdrop or imessage either.

Last edited:
So I want to first say thank you because without this thread I would have never gotten as far as I have. I followed all of the instructions and every time I shut down my computer or if it shuts down on it's on it will not reboot. It comes up with the prohibited circle or the memory allocation error. I removed the aptio as stated and added the OsxAptiofix2drv and it didn't work. I also did OsxAptiofix3 and it didn't work either. I've been working on this for an almost a month and I am beyond frustrated. I have wifi and Bluetooth. I still need my USB-type-c to work as well. Also no airdrop or imessage either.

!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!

After finally having faith in the process I rebooted my desktop. It actually worked. I've only tried twice so far but I'm happy about that. USB-Type C works now with no issues. Wifi still works but Bluetooth no longer works. iMessage still doesn't work as well. I'll try the help page about iMessage support and try to do more with the Bluetooth as well. I did use KextBeast, but apparently, that didn't help.

!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!

After finally having faith in the process I rebooted my desktop. It actually worked. I've only tried twice so far but I'm happy about that. USB-Type C works now with no issues. Wifi still works but Bluetooth no longer works. iMessage still doesn't work as well. I'll try the help page about iMessage support and try to do more with the Bluetooth as well. I did use KextBeast, but apparently, that didn't help.

I got iMessage to work using this

Thank you. Removing aptiomemoryfix seemed to do the trick. Are those EFI files I have, the ones that you excluded in your list, not good for anything? I also have a drivers64 folder, are those files even used at all?

Hi, @Beano6668
I'm glad you solved it, I'm sorry I didn't answer before.

Thanks @jossydeleon for supporting the post and responding.

Regards!

Thanks @markoskz! You saved my life :D

I have:
- Intel® Core™ i9-9900K
Whats working:
+ Sleep/wake
+ USB3
+ Vega 56
+ i9

Whats not working:
- Wifi (i don't need it)
- Bluetooth
Pic:

Hi @kaspy003, I am very happy that the publication serves you. I love that case, I envy you :), but I prefer something mini, I already had an ATX case but I never filled it with more video cards haha, so it didn't make sense, with my itx I'm happy.

By the way a few months ago that I have a Vega 56, working without problems too, with temperature sensors, I will update the post when I have time.

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing, Regards !!! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back