Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I followed your advice to reprogram my USB port to 15 limit. I use the software "Hackintool" and, basically, with your motherboard layout to map the USB port. But, I saw in Hackintool, the internal USB 2.0 is on HS11, not HS12. Therefore following your usbmap.kext won't make my BT module work. After re-map and program USB port, my WIFI/BT card with M.2 adapter work perfectly now (airdrop works great, but handoff and continuity haven't been tried). I even disable HS13 and HS14 USB port and BT still work well.
I appreciate you for kindly and detailed reply. It really made my day!

The attachment USBPortsall-1314.kext means the I block some USB ports and even HS13 and HS14, this kext is what I am using now.

Would you mind sharing which adapter you used? I would like to set it up on my Z390I board.

I have tried one dongle for Wifi (TPLink) and 1 for Bluetooth (IOGear), wifi and bluetooth worked perfectly but airdrop still refused to show up.

Hello @markoskz, I have a question. Why are you using

"change GFX0 to IGPU"
"change SAT0 to SATA"

I have the the Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard and wanted to know why my config file was a little different than yours considering we are almost using the same motherboard. I am not using a dedicated graphic card.

Thank You.
Hi, it should not be necessary in your hack.

change GFX0 to IGPU - for better power management (by RehabMan, all credit goes to him), when it has integrated and dedicated graphics running at the same time.
change SAT0 to SATA - for potential SATA compatibility

regards!

Minor question: HWMonitors does not seem to measure my GPU temp (always show 86 C). I've put all Sensors kexts in /Library/Extension already. Is there any other way to measure this?
Hi, I do not know what the reason is, I have them installed FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other. But I have an RX 580.

markoskz's PYNTy-Mac Hackintosh (Late 2018)
i7-8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI (itx) - Rx 580

Thank you so much or your EFI Folder. I have been having such headache for the the past 2 weeks trying to install Mojave. I had no problem with i5-8400, but after upgrade to i7-8700. It kept saying can't install on this computer. After taking 3 days off from work to resolve this issue. I gave up last night and install Windows 10.
But I wouldn't give up. This morning I decided to Google the motherboard EFI. I saw your post and decided to give it a try. I was up and running on first boot. I think it could have been my BIOS, but I installed Mojave before with the same settings. I'm going to work happy. YEAH, YEAH! I will post some pics tonight.

Thanks again
What a community.

Thank you so much or your EFI Folder. I have been having such headache for the the past 2 weeks trying to install Mojave. I had no problem with i5-8400, but after upgrade to i7-8700. It kept saying can't install on this computer. After taking 3 days off from work to resolve this issue. I gave up last night and install Windows 10.
But I wouldn't give up. This morning I decided to Google the motherboard EFI. I saw your post and decided to give it a try. I was up and running on first boot. I think it could have been my BIOS, but I installed Mojave before with the same settings. I'm going to work happy. YEAH, YEAH! I will post some pics tonight.

Thanks again
What a community.

Hi! I am very happy that you have been helpful, you have a configuration very similar to mine, I request a vega 56, I will arrive in a few days, so I will do the corresponding tests, publish the photos of your compilation! Regards!:headbang:

Thanks for your guide! I have used this information and USBMap.kext. Furthermore, I mainly followed the "Vanilla" guide. USB works perfect as you explained in detail above. My port requirements are the same, so I decided to use your map. Thanks for that!!

As I only use onboard graphics I had to use Mac-Mini 8,1; with Imac 18.1 or 18.3 I had video glitches constantly. Setting it to Mac-Mini (and generating new serial, UUID, etc.) instantly solved this.

The system runs fine, without any issues, except for the Magic TrackPad 2 at login screen. It stutters both when using bluetooth or USB-cable (with Bluetooth disabled). After login, no stuttering anymore, het TrackPad is absolutely fine.

Any hints why the Trackpad would stutter at login screen?

Hi,
Thank you for the great guide !!

During the boot I got a massage says :
Please go to http://panic.apple.com to report this panic any suggestion?
2 pics of the problem and specs

Attachments

• D80C4664-3F8F-46ED-9BBA-EE58048F3559.jpeg
    D80C4664-3F8F-46ED-9BBA-EE58048F3559.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 8E7D7161-E77D-4699-87A9-1048F0DB60BB.jpeg
    8E7D7161-E77D-4699-87A9-1048F0DB60BB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 89
Hi,
Thank you for the great guide !!

During the boot I got a massage says :
Please go to http://panic.apple.com to report this panic any suggestion?
2 pics of the problem and specs

I think something wrong with your EFI folder, perhaps the wrong kexts?

Hello, that's right, you should show us how your EFI folder is composed, and the configuration of your BIOS so we can help you, Regards

I think something wrong with your EFI folder, perhaps the wrong kexts?
I tried your EFI from 3/17/2019
How can I know which kexts should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back