Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I followed your advice to reprogram my USB port to 15 limit. I use the software "Hackintool" and, basically, with your motherboard layout to map the USB port. But, I saw in Hackintool, the internal USB 2.0 is on HS11, not HS12. Therefore following your usbmap.kext won't make my BT module work. After re-map and program USB port, my WIFI/BT card with M.2 adapter work perfectly now (airdrop works great, but handoff and continuity haven't been tried). I even disable HS13 and HS14 USB port and BT still work well.
I appreciate you for kindly and detailed reply. It really made my day!

Hi, @whaledandan, It's great that we have the same configuration, because we can help solve any problem. I'll be buying that adapter, to do the corresponding tests. With respect to the HS12 I had it with the microusb of h100i v2 but maybe it was in my days and I did not pay attention. I will review it later.

If you can try handoff and continuity it would be great, you tell me any news when you try. That way we would have the fully functional system identical to a Mac.

Have a great day! regards

Edit:
I'm about to buy an Asrock Rx Vega 56 that is on sale, I hope you can make the purchase, if I get it then I'll try it on the system.

Hi @markoskz
I am new to new Hackintosh. My experience is Snow leopard on my old laptop Lenovo duo-core some years, I can't remember.
My 1st build Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI | i5 8400 | RX 580 8GB, and I use MultiBeat for post installation.
Most of things are working but I can't get shutdown or sleep.
Could you help me out with working EFI ? Thank you in advance.
Edit: done with shutdown/ sleep by delete EFI and run MultiBeat again.

Last edited:
Hi @thanhvo31 Sorry for the delay in answering, I'm glad you could have solved it.

I do not use MultiBeast...I understand that MultiBeast installs some ketxs in system / extensions, I preferred to have it like this and know exactly what I am modifying.
You are incorrect. MuiltiBeast installs drivers/kexts in the folder that Apple has set aside for 3rd party kexts, /Library/Extensions/ folder. Additionally, MultiBeast does not modify the macOS, only the Clover folder items which include the .../CLOVER/config.plist file.

In spite of all the idle chatter in other hackinosh communities, MultiBeast doesn't hide anything that it does nor does it prevent you from understanding exactly what you are installing and where it goes. Everything is documented and can be easily read. Have a look at the documentation. Click on the readme at this link for a description of it's features.

You are incorrect. MuiltiBeast installs drivers/kexts in the folder that Apple has set aside for 3rd party kexts, /Library/Extensions/ folder. Additionally, MultiBeast does not modify the macOS, only the Clover folder items which include the .../CLOVER/config.plist file.
In spite of all the idle chatter in other hackinosh communities, MultiBeast doesn't hide anything that it does nor does it prevent you from understanding exactly what you are installing and where it goes. Everything is documented and can be easily read. Have a look at the documentation. Click on the readme at this link for a description of it's features.

@Stork @trs96 , Absolutely, you're right, I'm wrong, I meant /Library/Extensions/, I just prefer to have everything in my folder EFI. I Update the previous comment.

Sorry for the confusion, I am not against MultiBeast, I have used it in other Hackintosh only in this compilation I did not do it.

regards!

Hi Markoskz, I followed your guide with a similar build (same mobo, i7 9700k, vega 56) and things have gone so smooth, just wanna log in to say thank you.
Btw, how did you get the internal graphics to work? Is there any benefit in getting both? (I know you guys discussed above but I cannot follow the comments)

Hi Markoskz, I followed your guide with a similar build (same mobo, i7 9700k, vega 56) and things have gone so smooth, just wanna log in to say thank you.
Btw, how did you get the internal graphics to work? Is there any benefit in getting both? (I know you guys discussed above but I cannot follow the comments)

HI, @bbminhtri, I am happy that is was useful for you, I enable the IGPU through clover, if you download the EFI you can see in config.plist in "devices - properties", before I had it in "Graphics - Inject Intel", with the tool power gadget I could see that it works for example when playing videos in QuickTime and also in some pages in chrome (it seems strange but I notice it in some pages), and also in Final Cut Pro.

What brand is your Vega 56 video card? I'm thinking about buying an Asrock Vega 56 that is on sale, but I do not know if it would work in Mojave. Regards!

HI, @bbminhtri, I am happy that is was useful for you, I enable the IGPU through clover, if you download the EFI you can see in config.plist in "devices - properties", before I had it in "Graphics - Inject Intel", with the tool power gadget I could see that it works for example when playing videos in QuickTime and also in some pages in chrome (it seems strange but I notice it in some pages), and also in Final Cut Pro.

What brand is your Vega 56 video card? I'm thinking about buying an Asrock Vega 56 that is on sale, but I do not know if it would work in Mojave. Regards!

It's the MSI Air Boost 8g, had a problem with idle fan speed (always go full speed) which VGTab fixed quite easily.

Hello @markoskz, I have a question. Why are you using

"change GFX0 to IGPU"
"change SAT0 to SATA"

I have the the Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard and wanted to know why my config file was a little different than yours considering we are almost using the same motherboard. I am not using a dedicated graphic card.

Thank You.

Minor question: HWMonitors does not seem to measure my GPU temp (always show 86 C). I've put all Sensors kexts in /Library/Extension already. Is there any other way to measure this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back