Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@markoskz, Nice, thx. Yes, thanks I finished my long night to install HWmonitor & plugins. :) Next time I will do first. I saw that all is well indeed.
But I dont understand why that build explain the part of the internal GPU. It is just to have common build, without PCIe GPU ? What is the advantage? I work on After Effects but I don't care about my renders.
Hi, The advantage is that you take advantage of the processor's internal Gpu for other tasks (previous foreseen views, the video process in the background, etc), is such as how a Real imac works, and the Gpu as if outside, but If you don't want to use igpu, you should consider a Mac Pro Smbios, I think my components are more similar to IMac early 2019.

Can we dissociate, the desktop running of the works of after running. Its seems weird and hard to do, no ?
I don't understand the question, sorry.o_O

Sorry for my bad question. I am newbie. But I will try to get native discrete GPU before.
Don't worry, we all learn together :thumbup:

Hmm interessting, ok I dont get everything but it's really interessting.

[Can we dissociate, the desktop of the works of after effect running. Its seems weird and hard to do, no ?]

I am asking if the iGPU can work for mac os desktop, video on background etc, like you said, and GPu work only for Ae. How mac os decide to give task for Igpu or Gpu ?

The advantage is that you take advantage of the processor's internal Gpu for other tasks (previous foreseen views, the video process in the background, etc).

Nice . What is previous foreseen views mean?

My unique interest is what is the best to work with Ae. Smbios Imac or Mac pro. I am an animator, work with big data. Do you ave an idea?

Actually i have activated my Igpu to try, I have both on system info GPU & IGPU. But how its works, I have to use Smbios of Imac, cause the imac work like this. I start to understand. At moment I use my mac, i have Imac 18,3, so its means it should work, isnt .
Thanks for your aswer.

Ok I think I am on the Igpu and is not so powerfull. I have some lag mouse. It's bad. I am in 2K it's why, I think.
It is better to change Smbios to Mac pro. I want to try macOS Native Discrete GPU Power Management the only vega used is Mac Pro 1,1. My vega too much sound. I dont know if I can try fix it py this method.

Hmm interessting, ok I dont get everything but it's really interessting.

[Can we dissociate, the desktop of the works of after effect running. Its seems weird and hard to do, no ?]

I am asking if the iGPU can work for mac os desktop, video on background etc, like you said, and GPu work only for Ae. How mac os decide to give task for Igpu or Gpu ?

Hi, It controls it automatically OSx, the Igpu is not as powerful as an external Gpu, that is why igpu Mac uses it for small alternative calculations so it does not load other activities.

Nice . What is previous foreseen views mean?
I meant Quick Look in macOS Mojave

My unique interest is what is the best to work with Ae. Smbios Imac or Mac pro. I am an animator, work with big data. Do you ave an idea?
For your components you should go for an IMac, I think the best choice of Smbios is that it should be adapted to the specifications of a real Imac so you can have a good performance

Actually i have activated my Igpu to try, I have both on system info GPU & IGPU. But how its works, I have to use Smbios of Imac, cause the imac work like this. I start to understand. At moment I use my mac, i have Imac 18,3, so its means it should work, isnt .
Thanks for your aswer.
The 18.3 is the correct Smbios for you

Ok I think I am on the Igpu and is not so powerfull. I have some lag mouse. It's bad. I am in 2K it's why, I think.
It is better to change Smbios to Mac pro. I want to try macOS Native Discrete GPU Power Management the only vega used is Mac Pro 1,1. My vega too much sound. I dont know if I can try fix it py this method.
I have worked for a while in After Effects, you can not compare an IGPU HD630 processor i7 8700 with a vega 56, the vega is far superior in performance. That's what I think.

Any other help I can give you let me know! Regards!

Ok thx man for respond me. Thx a lot. Last question it's say my vega 56 is native. But there is reason to try to use Native discrete gpu power ? Did you do it with your build ? I am stuck on hexa decimal + name of acpi. I dont understand this part, is I have to do or not .. and what is for exactly.

Last edited:
Ok thx man for respond me. Thx a lot. Last question it's say my vega 56 is native. But there is reason to try to use Native discrete gpu power ? Did you did it with your build ? I am stuck on hexa decimal + name of acpi. I dont understand this part, is I have to do or not .. and what is for exactly.
Hi, The hexadecimal configuration is for the Intel Coffee Lake IGPU, for my rx 580 I do not have any additional configuration, since it works natively (obviously lilu and WhateverGreen installed), for your vega 56 video card it should work natively, the AMD Vega video cards run with the fans spinning faster than they should. To fix the fan issue, you can use the VGTab utility. I have researched a bit about it since I am soon thinking of buying a vega 64 or VII.

Ok. thx. All is clear now !

Well thx you very much.

Last edited:
Hi @markoskz - just wanted to follow up with you about our previous conversation regarding my WiFi/BT module: The M.5 adapter card arrived, and the WiFi / Bluetooth card I ordered fits it perfectly. I installed it into the upper slot on my board because the lower slot interferes with the case I'm using a bit, so the upper was my only option. The WiFi and BT did NOT work out of the box, but after following a few of the setup instructions for this card I'm able to get the WiFi working perfectly. However, I cannot get the BT to work at all. The MacOS simply does not see the hardware, no matter which tutorial I've tried, or which combination of various kexts I add to either the clover bootloader or into /System/Library etc.

I have also installed Windows 10 on another drive in this case, and dual boot perfectly. Windows also is able to use the WiFi without any issue, and claims it can see the Bluetooth card, but I'm not able to actually connect any BT devices to the Windows side at all. I suspect the card may be faulty, as it is obviously from a used laptop.

So, for now, my Hackintosh works perfectly with the only exception of Bluetooth, which I can live with for now. If I really need BT in the future, I can try a different Broadcom module, or I can always pick up a USB -> Bluetooth dongle.

Have you received your adapter for your Broadcom chip yet? Have you been able to try it? Any success or failure to report?

If you can get a reliably working solution for BOTH WiFi and Bluetooth (particularly one that does not require any extra kexts or other drivers - just works OOB) I'd be thrilled to try it as well on my build.

Thanks!

Hi @markoskz - just wanted to follow up with you about our previous conversation regarding my WiFi/BT module: The M.5 adapter card arrived, and the WiFi / Bluetooth card I ordered fits it perfectly. I installed it into the upper slot on my board because the lower slot interferes with the case I'm using a bit, so the upper was my only option. The WiFi and BT did NOT work out of the box, but after following a few of the setup instructions for this card I'm able to get the WiFi working perfectly. However, I cannot get the BT to work at all. The MacOS simply does not see the hardware, no matter which tutorial I've tried, or which combination of various kexts I add to either the clover bootloader or into /System/Library etc.
Hi, You tried this de RehabMan (more this post):

BT Injection (10.14/10.13/10.12 /10.11)
  1. BrcmPatchRAM/RehabMan
    1. All supported Broadcom WiFi cards
    2. Correctly configured USB, see [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
    3. README: RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
    4. Download: RehabMan / OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
    5. Install to /Library/Extensions/ with KextBeast:
      • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
      • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      • Install latest versions as available

Point 2 is not necessary if you used my ssdt.

Have you received your adapter for your Broadcom chip yet? Have you been able to try it? Any success or failure to report?
I still do not receive

If you can get a reliably working solution for BOTH WiFi and Bluetooth (particularly one that does not require any extra kexts or other drivers - just works OOB) I'd be thrilled to try it as well on my build.
Many users have confirmed that BCM94360CS2 works OOB (wifi and bt)
-BCM94360CS2 Amazon
-Adapter BCM94360CS2 Amazon

And of course the M.2 Converter Board for Key E

You'll have something like this, it's the wifi-bt module and the 2 adapters
81nbK6yi4JL.jpg

You can share photos of how the module is connected in your build?

I take this opportunity to consult you what discs you have connected in your MB? Do you have nvme to start Mojave? And another ssd for data? And another one for windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back