Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to add the acceleration to the UHD 630 of my 9900k but it doesn't work. It says Intel UHD 630 7mb (7mb... :D). I followed the steps for the Hackintool that I saw here but it's not working: I get a black screen. I have the aorus Pro (non wifi).

Any ideas?

EDIT-UPDATE!: I made it! Just following the steps with Hackintool and replacing the Index 3 in the Connections TAB with 0x04 and changing the Index 2 to 0x06.
Mind sharing your entire config that works?

Mind sharing your entire config that works?
When you do this you miss out on an opportunity to learn many important things. At least make an effort first. Apply the steps documented in the guide and you'll get the same results.

As a follow-up to my previous post on this thread regarding getting WiFi/BT working:

The BCM94352Z WiFi / BT card that I ordered physically fits in the same slot that the built-in Intel WiFi/BT chip occupies on this motherboard, but it is completely non-functional there. It does NOT fit directly into either of the M.5 slots (on top of or underneath) the board, and will require a daughtercard adapter to install there.

I followed @markoskz 's instructions to the letter, and EVERYTHING else works perfectly. Thank you VERY much! This is my first Hackintosh, and these instructions / EFI are awesome!

I'll be ordering the same adapter that he recommended to use with the BCM94352Z.

Hi markoskz - I'm trying to set up my first Hackintosh, and my hardware is VERY close to yours:
Hi, It's very similar, you re having a really great hackkintosh.

I have a few questions:
Will your EFI work with my different processor?
Other than putting in my own serial number(s), are there other changes I'll need to make to the EFI config?
It should work, because the configuration is for the Coffe Lake I5-i7 and i5k-i7k processors (i3 has another configuration to activate IGPU)

Finally, I've heard all kinds of conflicting information about WiFi/BT on this board. It is clear that the built-in chip will not work, so I ordered this: BCM94352Z WIFI Card+BT4.0 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTR4YDN/?tag=tonymacx86com-20). I'm having a difficult time determining if: a) I can swap the built-in wifi card directly with this one, or b) this will need to use up one of the m.5 slots itself or c) this will use an m.5 slot *and* I'll still need to get another adapter for it.
A. It Won't work directly by connecting it, because the M2-WIFI port uses technology CNVi
B. In other M2 ports, it also won't work without an adapter
C. That's right, you need another adapter, in my previous responses in this common thread, the option currently available with 2 adapters

You mentioned several pages back that you ordered a replacement WiFi/BT card - were you able to get that working? If so, exactly how?
That's right, The package with the adapter came a few days ago, but bcm943602cs Not Yet. I need both to test it, even for other comments in other posts I don't think it works, the only option for this is with this adapter

TIWEHJSDG23HS2.jpeg

As a follow-up to my previous post on this thread regarding getting WiFi/BT working:

The BCM94352Z WiFi / BT card that I ordered physically fits in the same slot that the built-in Intel WiFi/BT chip occupies on this motherboard, but it is completely non-functional there. It does NOT fit directly into either of the M.5 slots (on top of or underneath) the board, and will require a daughtercard adapter to install there.

I followed @markoskz 's instructions to the letter, and EVERYTHING else works perfectly. Thank you VERY much! This is my first Hackintosh, and these instructions / EFI are awesome!

I'll be ordering the same adapter that he recommended to use with the BCM94352Z.

Excellent!, I'm so glad my setup works for you. Let me know as soon as you get the adapter if it works for you! Greetings

I just installed windows 10 on an ssd, I had to disconnect all the other disks and M2 ssd. After installing Windows, I reconnected everything and started from nvme M2 and everything works perfect, both systems.

Excellent!, I'm so glad my setup works for you. Let me know as soon as you get the adapter if it works for you! Greetings

I just ordered the adapter - it'll be here Thursday. I'll update with results as soon as I've tried it.
Do you know if it matters if I use the upper or lower M.5 slot? I'm not currently using either one for a drive, they are both open. I'd prefer to use the lower slot for this adapter, as I'd like to use the upper one in the future for an OS drive.

Thanks!

Do you know if it matters if I use the upper or lower M.5 slot?
Great!, You can use either of the two M2 ports. If you use the front, you will be able to connect the Wifi antennae with the same as the mb, for the lower you need some extensors

If you use the front, you will be able to connect the Wifi antennae with the same as the mb, for the lower you need some extensors

Yup, I planned ahead for that, and already have these antenna extenders that I'll be using. I can't wait for the adapter to arrive in a few days to give it a try!

My understanding is that I won't need to add any kexts or other drivers / modifications - that the OS should just recognize the Broadcom card out of the box. Is that correct?

Thanks!

My understanding is that I won't need to add any kexts or other drivers / modifications - that the OS should just recognize the Broadcom card out of the box. Is that correct?

A friend's hackkintosh has a Broadcom card bcm943602cs and I don t need any extra kexts or drivers, for the Wifi module you have, maybe if you need, I wouldn't know exactly.

I always trust and recommend the module bcm943602cs. Greetings!

Quick question, with XMP enabled in your BIOS, do you get USB not ejected properly error after sleep, with an external USB drive? Also, I have very slow wake from sleep, like 17 seconds (same as regular boot time), I wonder if there is something in the BIOS affecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back