Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious: what USB port did you use for the installation and what’s your USB drive brand and type?

Hi, I used the port that is just next to the LAN connection ethernet, Although they recommend using a USB 2.0 device I use the following:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9WHMYK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You should place USBInjectAll.kext into your Others folder of your USB EFi. Why the USB port mapping I did after the installation. I hope to help, greetings

Mark

Last edited:
After I repeat all the steps from making a bootable usb, I found that I make a huge mistake... I didn't delete the EFI folder on the USB and paste your EFI folder. I believe thats the reason bring me to the totally different result.

Also, I cannot change the smbios inside clover configurator for the first few try, I think it is due to my icloud account(after register the imac 18,3 to my appleid, the smbios couldn't change)?

I tried not to sign in my appleid change my smbios to 18,1 and applied the framebuffer using hackintool, the system looks stable. I am going to test the other function(like usb ports) later.

Lastly, Thank you for your help!

Excellent! I'm glad you have the system stable, if you have any inconvenience you write us, so we can help each other, greetings

Thank you very much for your post! I also want to use this motherboard for hackintosh. (I need it later for Logic Pro X):lol:

I will not mount a videocard..

Can I mount the "BCM943602CS" directly on the PCI-E slot? :think:

Is this the only thing I have to do to make the WiFi and Bluetooth work?

Do I have any other options?

Thank you very much for your post! I also want to use this motherboard for hackintosh. (I need it later for Logic Pro X)
Hi, I'm so glad you're helpful. Logic Pro X is an excellent application, is also in my list

I will not mount a videocard..
This build is with a rx580, I think with IGPU HD630 the SMBIOS is 18.1 and change other values.

Can I mount the "BCM943602CS" directly on the PCI-E slot? :think:
Yes, absolutely, but you will sacrifice the slot for a possible future upgrade of a dedicated video card

Is this the only thing I have to do to make the WiFi and Bluetooth work?

Do I have any other options?
There are other options, With two adapters together, I leave both links below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHRJVXW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NB8J3B/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

And of course the plate BCM943602CS

Best regards!

This build is with a rx580, I think with IGPU HD630 the SMBIOS is 18.1 and change other values.
I can't figure out what you exactly mean with this. With the "i7 8700" it should be possible to support one monitor with UHD-1 (3840 x 2160/60Hz). The Mainboard "Z390 I AORUS...." has also DP.

There are other options, With two adapters together, I leave both links below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHRJVXW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NB8J3B/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

And of course the plate BCM943602CS

Thank you very much! I've found this one on AliExpress, someone used it for Hackintosh too (according to the reviews).

I will use/test it too! Thanks a lot again! :)

Kind regards.

I can't figure out what you exactly mean with this. With the "i7 8700" it should be possible to support one monitor with UHD-1 (3840 x 2160/60Hz). The Mainboard "Z390 I AORUS...." has also DP.

What I meant is that in my config.plist has a definition of the system as IMac 18.3, You must use iMac 18,1 if using integrated graphics exclusively to prevent iGPU glitching. However graphical acceleration works with native support on i5 and i7 Coffee Lake CPU’s.

Thank you very much! I've found this one on AliExpress, someone used it for Hackintosh too (according to the reviews).

I will use/test it too! Thanks a lot again! :)

If it worked, but you also need this converter. To occupy a port M.2 SSD NVMe, because the port m.2 WiFi/BT of the Z390 I Aorus has a module CNVi that is not compatible directly with that adapter.

What I meant is that in my config.plist has a definition of the system as IMac 18.3, You must use iMac 18,1 if using integrated graphics exclusively to prevent iGPU glitching. However graphical acceleration works with native support on i5 and i7 Coffee Lake CPU’s.
I understand, well then I'll configure it so, thanks for the hint.

If it worked, but you also need this converter. To occupy a port M.2 SSD NVMe, because the port m.2 WiFi/BT of the Z390 I Aorus has a module CNVi that is not compatible directly with that adapter.
Strange, I can't buy the Ableconn converter on Amazoon in my country:eek:

I found this converter and I'll combine it with this card.
Let's see if this works out, I'll let you know.

Until then, I thank you for your help.:headbang:

Strange, I can't buy the Ableconn converter on Amazoon in my country:eek:

I found this converter and I'll combine it with this card.
Let's see if this works out, I'll let you know.

Until then, I thank you for your help.:headbang:

Excellent, as you try it tell us.

Last edited:
Trying this set of EFI settings for my build which is really similar (though I don't have the graphics card atm). It freezes on 15 min remaining. Any ideas what might be the reason?

Hi, I don't remember where I saw it, but they recommended disabling these options In your config.plist with Clover Configurator. After the installation you turn it on again:
  • ACPI Section: PluginType
  • Kernel and Kext Patches Section: AppleIntelCPUPM
I hope it helps, greetings

After few days of use, I'm curious that is it the problem of hackintosh/Mojave that when my mouse hovering the options in dropdown menu, the hovered option will not be highlighted, and the submenu will not show as well.

e.g let say my mouse is hovering "Options", the sub menu will not show until I double click it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 11.19.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 11.19.20 PM.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back