Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
markoskz's PYNTy-Mac Hackintosh (Late 2018)
i7-8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI (itx) - Rx 580

Components

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Tempered Glass
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B074W5GQJ3/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Motherboard
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRZKPXM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Intel i7-8700 Processor
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07598HLB4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Corsair Vengeance Pack 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 - update 1 slot with 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017NW5NZY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FMF8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 250GB SSD
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BN5FJZQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Already Owned

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W, Semi Modular
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K85X23O/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EXSSBG/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784SLQM6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Comments

This is my 3rd build. I'm glad that I found out well, at first, I thought of acquiring the i9-9900K or the i7-8700K. But, first, I wanted to start with the i7-8700, and, then, update it as the motherboard allows me.

My intention was to build a mini ITX motherboard based system, especially because an ATX I see a lot when I'm just going to put a video card. I plan to upgrade later to a Asus Strix AMD Rx 64. Then, a mini ITX does not occupy me much on the desktop and looks fantastic. Enough for the programming and design tasks I perform

Installing the operating system
The process here was very simple. I had a drawback that I was restarted and not let me show the options of Clover, is solved with what is marked in bold

1. Prepare USB Installer with UniBeast
  1. Insert the USB drive
  2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
  3. Highlight the USB drive in left column (Note: in the Mojave version of Disk Utility, you must first select View / Show All Devices before you can see the USB drive there)
  4. Click Erase button
  5. For Name: type MOJAVE (You can rename it later)
  6. For Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID Partition
  7. Click Erase then Done
  8. Download and run UniBeast
  9. Click Continue, Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree
  10. At Destination Select, choose USB and click Continue
  11. At Select OS Installation screen choose Mojave and click Continue
  12. click Continue, enter password and click Install
2. Modify USB EFI Partition
• Open EFI Partition of USB, delete folder EFI/
• Copy and paste my EFI folder (I leave it attached in this publication)

3. Change BIOS Settings
Hold F12
during BIOS to enter boot menu and select Enter Setup

--Options
Save & ExitLoad Optimized Defaults
M.I.T. → Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): Profile 1
BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features: Other OS
BIOS → CSM Support: Disabled
BIOS → Secure Boot : Disabled
Peripherals → Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) : Disable
Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Enabled
Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled
Chipset → Internal Graphics : Enabled (After changing this and the other options, you must restart to show the two options DMVT)
Chipset → DVMT Pre-Alloc : 64M
Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem : 256M
Chipset → Above 4G Decoding : Enabled (In a restart apparently this option hurts to start and hanged, now is enabled and without problems)
Save and Exit, The system will restart with the saved data

4. Install Mojave
• Restart or Turn on the computer
• Hold F12 during BIOS to enter boot menu
• Select your USB, In Clover options Click "Install Mojave"
• When installer boots, enter Disk Utility and format "Erase" your SSD, named "Mojave OSX". Choose the recommended filesystem option (Journaled) and Guid Partition.
• Exit Disk Utility
• Install Mojave
* if computer restarts during this time, do not worry. Installation will take a number of restarts before completion (3 to be exact). From here on out, On each restart you press F12 and select the USB and Clover options select your main SSD, you see the options in clover with the name of SSD Mojave OSX (Or the name you have chosen).

5. Install Clover in SSD
Now we will install clover on the SSD to not have to always start the USB.
• Run the Clover installer
--- You can get it from here
• Continue, continue, continue
• In type of installation click on "Personalize" and just select the following.
--- UEFI Starter Installation
--- Install clover on the ESP partition
--- The themes if you want you can leave it
--- In UEFI Drivers, just have the 4 main:

...It's the same, because then we'll replace the EFI folder, At least I did it like that.

6. Post Install
Once you have started OSx, we will open Clover Configurator and mount the EFI folders where we installed Mojave

• Open Clover Configurator on your USB stick main Partition
Mount EFI → SSD → Mount Partition
Mount EFI → SSD → Open Partition
Mount EFI → USB Stick → Mount Partition
Mount EFI → USB Stick → Open Partition
• Copy the entire contents from the USB Stick EFI volume to the SSD EFI Volume (Delete the folder EFI of SSD. Copy and paste the USB Stick EFI folder)

7. USB Map
Here is the USB port map for the Gigabyte motherboard Aorus z390 I Pro Wifi, was discovered thanks to an excellent USBMap script tool.

• HS01/SS01: Front Panel USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 1 (F_USB30C)
  • HS02/SS02: Unknown
  • HS03/SS03: Rear Panel USB 3.1 (blue)
  • HS04/SS04: Rear Panel USB 3.1 (Blue, next Ethernet connection)
  • HS05/SS05: Rear Panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-A (red, next USB Type-C)
  • HS06/SS06: Rear Panel USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 (next USB red)
  • HS07/SS07: Rear Panel USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
  • HS08/SS08: Rear Panel USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
  • HS09/SS09: Front Panel USB 3.1 Gen 1 (through F_USB30)
  • HS10/SS10: Front Panel USB 3.1 Gen 1 (through F_USB30)
  • HS11/SS11: Unknown
  • HS12: Internal USB 2.0/1.1 (F_USB1)
  • HS13: Internal USB 2.0/1.1-ITE device (8595)
  • HS14: Internal Bluetooth/Wifi
  • USR1: Unknown
  • USR2: Unknown
-Ports I want to keep enabled:
  • HS03
  • HS04/SS04
  • HS05/SS05
  • HS07/SS07
  • HS08/SS08
  • HS09/SS09
  • HS10/SS10
  • HS12
  • HS13
-Total: 15 ports (no need anymore)

-Would be disabling the following:
  1. The USB port type-C on the back panel as I have no type-c devices
  2. The connection to USB type-C for the front panel, as my cabinet does not have USB type-C forward (Evolv ITX)
  3. HS02/SS02 (Unknown)
  4. SS03 does not serve to have USB 3.1 where I connect the keyboard or mouse, so I just leave it as USB 2.0
  5. Bluetooth/Wifi (because it does not work on Hackintosh)
  6. USR1/USR2 (Unknown)
-How to use this mapping

To use it simply replace the kext USBInjectAll.kext with USBMap.kext. Note that i disable type-C ports, this mapping is particularly for my use because as explained above I have not devices with type-C. You must also place the files SSDT-USBX.AML and SSDT-EC.AML in ACPI/patched/.

I recommend that you create your own map with the tool Usb Map. However if you want to use my files you can find it in my EFI Folder.

9. Speed & Performance
9.1- General performance benchmarking (Geekbench 4.2.3)

-CPU i7 8700 (no K) Update with new config.plist(17-03-2019)
Captura de pantalla 2019-03-17 a la(s) 05.14.07.png

- GPU 2 Rx 580 Sapphire Update with new config.plist(17-03-2019)
Captura de pantalla 2019-03-17 a la(s) 05.16.59.png

- GPU 1 Intel UHD Graphics 630 (You can see on the mark that's working)

9.2- Graphical benchmarking (Cinebench 20)

9.3- Tempertures with HWMonitor and FakeSMC Sensors (The scraps are taken as soon as they have begun, At 100% the Cpu temperature reaches 55c no more than that, it should be for H100i v2)

10. IMPORTANT
You are welcome to use my EFI folder. However, make sure you set the following in config.plist with Clover Configurator or your Editor:

• SerialNumber
• BoardSerialNumber
• SmUUID

What Works
• Fully accelerated video from the RX 580, which is natively supported.
• Intel UHD 630
• Onboard Ethernet
• Onboard Audio
• Sleep, Wake, Reboot and Shutdown. Wake from sleep requires a single keypress.
• Quick Look, Preview
• iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iTunes.
• Usb 3 Ports
• TRIM is enabled on NVMe Samsung without any patches. You can see the speeds in the image below

What Doesn't Work
• Wifi and Bluetooth (This does not work natively, since Gigabyte only installs the new module with CVNi, When Apple updates it on its new MacBooks, a compatible adapter will come out so that we can incorporate a Broadcom board.)
• Handoff, Continuity, AirDrop: These doesn't work because WiFi and Bluetooth are needed.
I haven't tried all the ports USB 3, so I can't say they work well. Tested and functioning

What plans do I have for the future
• Replace the video card with a Strix Asus RX 64
• Add WiFi and Bluetooth
Make a RAID with hard disks (I don't have any hdd anymore)

Edits/Updates
• 6 Jan 2019:
Replace a memory slot of 8GB for one of 16GB in total I'm 24GB (Add Corsair DDR4 16gb 3000Mhz)
• 10 Jan 2019: All the ports USB3 working, I created a map of my motherboard.
• 18 Feb 2019: Replacing HDD Disks by a SSD Western Digital Blue M.2 of 1Tb, placed in the slot M2 behind.
• 2 Mar 2019: Delete unnecessary drivers in the drivers64UEFI folder and drivers64 folder (With this I can get the clover screen started faster, now it's instantly after aorus logo).
• 9 Mar 2019: Upgrade some kexts> AppleALC.kext v1.3.5, IntelMausiEthernet.kext 2.4.1d1 and Lilu.kext 1.3.4. Replaced VirtualSMC by FakeSMC because virtualsmc only showed me the sensor of the disks, with fakesmc and the sensors, I can see all the sensors of cpu and gpu.
• 10 Mar 2019: Upgrade my config.plist deactivating unnecessary fixes.
• 17 Mar 2019: Upgrade my config.plist, deactivating inject intel in Graphics Options, enter the data from the properties of devices, I am improving performance in general, Upgrading new score values in Geekbench. I realized now IGPU doesn't get out of the system information, but it works, tested in FinalCutPro and Quicktime.
• 2 Apr 2019: Install Windows 10 on an ssd, I had to save the bios configuration profile as Mojave, then I opened the default options of bios. It also deactivates all other units (ssd, nvme, m2 ssd). After installing Windows, plug all units again. Enter the bios and open the profile saved as a Mojave. I chose to start directly from my nvme (where I have Mojave installed). Everything works perfect, both systems.
Place the radiator on the front of the case, With 4 fans (push and pull). Note an improvement in temperature. I like to keep the hardware cool and await the update to the i9 9900k in the next few months.
• 6 Apr 2019: Updated Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) First update Clover to v4910, then update the kexts, then update MacOs from "System Preferences> Software Update", after 3 reboots everything works fine (on each restart you must select "Mojave Install" in the options of Clover)

2019-04-02 15.19 (2).jpeg

**Any consultation you want to make with this construction, let me know, I'll be happy to help.
Mark

Attachments

• EFI-Pynty-z390i(10-Mar-2019).zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 1,758
  • config (17-03-2019).plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,636
  • EFI-Pynty-z390i(17-Mar-2019).zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 2,704
Last edited:
Hello Sir,
I'm designing to build my first hackintosh, however, I'm confusing which motherboard should I buy.

I heard that the onboard WiFi of Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi will not work. Is it possible to use "BCM943602CS" to replace the original wireless card?(It seems won't work because of intel cnvi?)

How about "BCM943602CS with adapter to M.2 for SSD"? Will this work?

How about "BCM943602CS with adapter to M.2 for SSD"? Will this work?

Hello, yes, but you will sacrifice one of the M.2 for SSD. As you say, the M.2 of WiFi is for CVNi. If you want to use an M.2 of SSD, you can use this adapter.

Adapter Converter Board for Key E M.2 Module

I'm glad you chose to BCM943602CS, as it is OOB, natively with Hackintosh without additional ketks.

I'm confusing which motherboard should I buy.

It is an excellent motherboard, I'm sure in the coming months Apple will incorporate the CNVI, and we can have adapters. But, also, this the solution above, if you are looking for only WiFi, you can use a USB dondle.

Let me know any other questions you have in that I can help you. Greetings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, yes, but you will sacrifice one of the M.2 for SSD. As you say, the M.2 of WiFi is for CVNi. If you want to use an M.2 of SSD, you can use this adapter.

Adapter Converter Board for Key E M.2 Module

I'm glad you chose to BCM943602CS, as it is OOB, natively with Hackintosh without additional ketks.

It is an excellent motherboard, I'm sure in the coming months Apple will incorporate the CNVI, and we can have adapters. But, also, this the solution above, if you are looking for only WiFi, you can use a USB dondle.

Let me know any other questions you have in that I can help you. Greetings!

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I want to make the AirDrop work. (It should be related to Bluetooth, right?) I have a macbook pro, and I may need to transfer files between them. Will BCM943602CS + Key E M.2 Converter board help? If not, probably I will go for a USB dongle. (I have seen someone suggested a TP-Link dongle, but it there any option which support ac WiFi?)

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, I want to make the AirDrop work. (It should be related to Bluetooth, right?) I have a macbook pro, and I may need to transfer files between them. Will BCM943602CS + Key E M.2 Converter board help? If not, probably I will go for a USB dongle. (I have seen someone suggested a TP-Link dongle, but it there any option which support ac WiFi?)

Absolutely, the BCM943602CS is an excellent board for WiFi and BT in hackintosh, you will also need the following adapter

Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter

For Airdrop need to have WiFi and BT activated in your Hackintosh. I do not know a dongle that supports WiFi and BT, must exist. We would have to try two, one for WiFi and another for Bluetooth as the iogear, but we would be occupying two USB ports

Hi, added the mapping to the USB ports of the board Z390 I Aorus. You can see more details in the beginning of the publication. I also update the EFI folder.

Hi, added the mapping to the USB ports of the board Z390 I Aorus. You can see more details in the beginning of the publication. I also update the EFI folder.
I finally build my first hackintosh, Thank you for this great post and your EFI.
However, I discovered some problems:
  1. the transition is not smooth when I try to open the launchpad, is it the problem because of graphics card coz I'm using intel uhd 630 at this moment?
  2. it cannot sleep after clicking the "sleep" button.

Do you have any experience on these issues?

I can see my Intel UHD 630 has only 7mb now, trying to fix it by whatevergreen now...

I finally build my first hackintosh, Thank you for this great post and your EFI.
However, I discovered some problems:
  1. the transition is not smooth when I try to open the launchpad, is it the problem because of graphics card coz I'm using intel uhd 630 at this moment?
  2. it cannot sleep after clicking the "sleep" button.
Do you have any experience on these issues?

Hi, you're probably not having graphics acceleration, In the information of my system is shown this of the IGPU

I tell you I'm building another hackintosh for a friend with a i3 8100, and works great with UHD 630, I served a lot this post to enable all HDMI ports and work at 4k.

In Platform ID you must choose 0x3E9B0007 (this is used when the iGPU is used to drive a display), in my Gigabyte Z390I with a rx580 I use 0x3E920003 (this is used when the iGPU is only used for compute tasks, and doesn't drive a display), because my monitors are connected to the GPU.

Tell Me how you're doing and if you can solve.

Ahh, one more thing, I read that some work best with an IMac 18.1 SMbios when using only UHD 630.

Mark.

I am using this board for a build and am working on proper mapping of the USB ports.

I have physically removed the WiFi/Bluetooth module and replaced it with this card for WiFi/Bluetooth,

As i have 2 USB 3 and 1 USB 2 ports on the front of the case, i have connected one of these port multipliers to the HS12 header on the board so as to be able to connect the front USB 2 port and the USB connector from the WiFi/Bluetooth PCI-e card.

I am wondering what you reasoning is for wanting to keep the HS13: Internal USB 2.0/1.1-ITE device (8595) Port Enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back