Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB Ram - Sapphire Rx 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello @markoskz, I have a question. Why are you using

"change GFX0 to IGPU"
"change SAT0 to SATA"

I have the the Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard and wanted to know why my config file was a little different than yours considering we are almost using the same motherboard. I am not using a dedicated graphic card.

Thank You.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Minor question: HWMonitors does not seem to measure my GPU temp (always show 86 C). I've put all Sensors kexts in /Library/Extension already. Is there any other way to measure this?

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Hello, I followed your advice to reprogram my USB port to 15 limit. I use the software "Hackintool" and, basically, with your motherboard layout to map the USB port. But, I saw in Hackintool, the internal USB 2.0 is on HS11, not HS12. Therefore following your usbmap.kext won't make my BT module work. After re-map and program USB port, my WIFI/BT card with M.2 adapter work perfectly now (airdrop works great, but handoff and continuity haven't been tried). I even disable HS13 and HS14 USB port and BT still work well.
I appreciate you for kindly and detailed reply. It really made my day!

The attachment USBPortsall-1314.kext means the I block some USB ports and even HS13 and HS14, this kext is what I am using now.
Would you mind sharing which adapter you used? I would like to set it up on my Z390I board.

I have tried one dongle for Wifi (TPLink) and 1 for Bluetooth (IOGear), wifi and bluetooth worked perfectly but airdrop still refused to show up.

Motherboard
Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @markoskz, I have a question. Why are you using

"change GFX0 to IGPU"
"change SAT0 to SATA"

I have the the Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard and wanted to know why my config file was a little different than yours considering we are almost using the same motherboard. I am not using a dedicated graphic card.

Thank You.
Hi, it should not be necessary in your hack.

change GFX0 to IGPU - for better power management (by RehabMan, all credit goes to him), when it has integrated and dedicated graphics running at the same time.
change SAT0 to SATA - for potential SATA compatibility

regards!

Motherboard
Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Minor question: HWMonitors does not seem to measure my GPU temp (always show 86 C). I've put all Sensors kexts in /Library/Extension already. Is there any other way to measure this?
Hi, I do not know what the reason is, I have them installed FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other. But I have an RX 580.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
markoskz's PYNTy-Mac Hackintosh (Late 2018)
i7-8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI (itx) - Rx 580
Thank you so much or your EFI Folder. I have been having such headache for the the past 2 weeks trying to install Mojave. I had no problem with i5-8400, but after upgrade to i7-8700. It kept saying can't install on this computer. After taking 3 days off from work to resolve this issue. I gave up last night and install Windows 10.
But I wouldn't give up. This morning I decided to Google the motherboard EFI. I saw your post and decided to give it a try. I was up and running on first boot. I think it could have been my BIOS, but I installed Mojave before with the same settings. I'm going to work happy. YEAH, YEAH! I will post some pics tonight.

Thanks again
What a community.

Motherboard
Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you so much or your EFI Folder. I have been having such headache for the the past 2 weeks trying to install Mojave. I had no problem with i5-8400, but after upgrade to i7-8700. It kept saying can't install on this computer. After taking 3 days off from work to resolve this issue. I gave up last night and install Windows 10.
But I wouldn't give up. This morning I decided to Google the motherboard EFI. I saw your post and decided to give it a try. I was up and running on first boot. I think it could have been my BIOS, but I installed Mojave before with the same settings. I'm going to work happy. YEAH, YEAH! I will post some pics tonight.

Thanks again
What a community.
Hi! I am very happy that you have been helpful, you have a configuration very similar to mine, I request a vega 56, I will arrive in a few days, so I will do the corresponding tests, publish the photos of your compilation! Regards!:headbang:

Motherboard
HP Probook 4540S
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 4000
Thanks for your guide! I have used this information and USBMap.kext. Furthermore, I mainly followed the "Vanilla" guide. USB works perfect as you explained in detail above. My port requirements are the same, so I decided to use your map. Thanks for that!!

As I only use onboard graphics I had to use Mac-Mini 8,1; with Imac 18.1 or 18.3 I had video glitches constantly. Setting it to Mac-Mini (and generating new serial, UUID, etc.) instantly solved this.

The system runs fine, without any issues, except for the Magic TrackPad 2 at login screen. It stutters both when using bluetooth or USB-cable (with Bluetooth disabled). After login, no stuttering anymore, het TrackPad is absolutely fine.

Any hints why the Trackpad would stutter at login screen?