OS X 10.8
CPU
Core i7 3.39GHz
Graphics
AMD 6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm trying to learn how to do this. After working on it for 3 days I have a bootable system except:
1. If I Multibeast VooDooHDA 0.2.1 it breaks the system - stops @ gray Apple. When I watched install logs it looked like an audio error, so I reinstalled without VooDoo and it doesn't break.
2. No networking available. I have followed the instructions to repair networking, but the problem might be that I am not able to unzip iDell-Tools.zip so I got the files from Resources/Downloads but can't find the two kexts anywhere on this site but did find them on other sites. I have no idea if they are the right files even though the names match.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - sorry if I'm being stupid. I did read through this thread but don't understand a lot of the procedures or tools.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm trying to learn how to do this. After working on it for 3 days I have a bootable system except:
1. If I Multibeast VooDooHDA 0.2.1 it breaks the system - stops @ gray Apple. When I watched install logs it looked like an audio error, so I reinstalled without VooDoo and it doesn't break.
2. No networking available. I have followed the instructions to repair networking, but the problem might be that I am not able to unzip iDell-Tools.zip so I got the files from Resources/Downloads but can't find the two kexts anywhere on this site but did find them on other sites. I have no idea if they are the right files even though the names match.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - sorry if I'm being stupid. I did read through this thread but don't understand a lot of the procedures or tools.

Interesting, it looks like the Multibeast package in the ZIP file was corrupted. Luckily, you can simply download Multibeast from the Downloads section of this website.

I was able to extract the rest of the files with The Unarchiver, an alternative to the standard Mac OS X Archive Utility. I've uploaded them; you can download the files below.

View attachment Recovered.zip

Motherboard
OS X 10.8
CPU
Core i7 3.39GHz
Graphics
AMD 6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for doing that for me. Is there an official way to thank someone on this site?

The new kexts fixed my networking problem. Can anyone help with audio?

To avoid starting over each time I am using disk utility to restore working install to another partition then make changes to my current system. Is this the correct use of disk utility, or will I have unexpected problems if I try to use such a backup system?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8300
CPU
Intel i7 2600
Graphics
AMD 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i got everything working now in ML except audio. I installed the voodo 0.2.1 yet still no audio. Is there anything else that works?

Motherboard
Dell XPS8300
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
HD 6450
i got everything working now in ML except audio. I installed the voodo 0.2.1 yet still no audio. Is there anything else that works?

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I got one of these about a year ago, and it is so nice to not have to worry about audio anymore on my Hacks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023BYDHK

The reason I bought it was that there was a buzzing constantly from the XPS8300 that I couldn't isolate and fix (even after muting the mic). As a side effect, I don't need to worry about audio kexts anymore.

Motherboard
iGrave
CPU
i5 4670K @ 4Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a heads up guys .. Posting this from my fully updated 10.7.4 install on an SSD, and slightly different hardware than what is listed in my current sig block. I will do a write up in the next few days for Lion 10.7.4. Once i get some stuff dealt with financially ( week or so) I'll do a guide for ML with *MY* hardware, and attempt to help solve any problems you guys may be experiencing.

Here is the current hardware list for the "Original iDell" (My system, lol )....
Stock XPS 8300 tower
Corsair "GS600" 600w PSU
Intel "Cherryville" 120GiB SSD
16GiB Corsair Vengeance 1333 DDR3 RAM
PNY nVidia GTX 560Ti OC 1GiB DDR5 Vid Card
Dell "1397" Half-Mini PCI-e Wireless card
Intel "Sandy Bridge" i5 2300 @2.8Ghz
Logitech "K800" wireless rechargeable keyboard
Stock Dell laser mouse with adjustable DPI

New Guide write up soon, I promise ...
~~Grave

Motherboard
Dell 8300 XPS
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600
Graphics
NVIDIA 420 GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I realized I had HDMI audio on my NVidia GT 420 as well, then I followed the instructions on http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=454 ("Solution 2: edit Info.plist, replace...") and audio is suddenly working in ML.

Also I realized I didn't have AppleHDA installed. I extracted from the Unibeast installation and installed with KextBeast. I don't know if it's related but there you go.

Of course let the fix permissions from multibeast run again before rebooting.

Cheers.

Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
3.39 Intel i7
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey, thanks for the great guide. I have everything ecept the internet working. Can't see to make wifi or ethernet work.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
3.39 Intel i7
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone