i7
Graphics
GEFORCE GT 610 GC 2GB DDR3
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello I have a question, do you know if osx lion will work with a AMD radeon HD 6450 Video Card, I have a Dell XPS 8300 with this config.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8300
CPU
Intel Core i7 2400
Graphics
ATI Radeon HDsomething (dead)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
1. Mission control stutter

As I reported before, I encountered stuttering on Mission Control which disappeared after wakeup. The issue was mitigated by using the MacPro5,1 definition (remember to remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /S/L/E else it panics on boot), and completely vanishes when I unplug my second screen. Replugging it keeps it fine. The issue is purely cosmetic (geekbench shows good results either way) and related to some syncing/refresh issue of sorts.

2. No network after sleep

After wake up I had no network. In fact this was not true. Console.app shows that DHCPv4 request fails since it can't listen on the UDP port 68 because it's supposedly already in use. Something may not be going to sleep/wake correctly in the kernel with our card, and DHCP fails. Yet networking works: IPv6 (including RA and DHCPv6) works perfectly fine, and using a static IPv4 configuration skips the broken port altogether and just works too.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello, i have a XPS 8300 i7 2600 / 12gb ram / GTX 460

I made a clean install of Lion 10.7.4 using Unibeast then i ran Multibeast and use
Easybeast, Audio voodooHDA 0.2.1 and Graphics Nvidia 4xx/ 5xx Support.

Everythig works fine except Ethernet or Wifi (my wireless nic is Dell 1501)

I have installed the BCM5722D and IONetworkFamilly Kext but nothing changed.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Motherboard
Dell XPS8300
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
HD 6450
I asked this question a few months ago but never followed up on it.

Every once in awhile (few days, few weeks), my ethernet connection will go out.

It will change to red in the Network prefpane, and nothing I do will bring it back, except restarting. I did find a set of scripts someone wrote to test the ethernet connection and try to bring it up again when down, but that doesn't work for me.

I've tried all three network KEXTs in Multibeast, and all work initially but eventually give out.

I am running 10.7.3 now, but the problem has persisted since my first Lion install last year.

I don't sleep my machine, just the displays.

Any thoughts about how to start troubleshooting this?

Thanks.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8300
CPU
Core i7
Graphics
ATI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
volcs0 said:

It will change to red in the Network prefpane, and nothing I do will bring it back, except restarting. I did find a set of scripts someone wrote to test the ethernet connection and try to bring it up again when down, but that doesn't work for me.

I've tried all three network KEXTs in Multibeast, and all work initially but eventually give out.

I am running 10.7.3 now, but the problem has persisted since my first Lion install last year.

Thanks.

Do you use t*****ts? My internet used to timeout the same way. The problem with mine was if I was to upload to much the internet would time-out. Now I don't really upload anymore expect on another PC 'cause if I don't upload the connection seems to stay fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Dell XPS8300
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
HD 6450
SA5UK3 said:
volcs0 said:

Thanks.

Do you use t*****ts? My internet used to timeout the same way. The problem with mine was if I was to upload to much the internet would time-out. Now I don't really upload anymore expect on another PC 'cause if I don't upload the connection seems to stay fine.

I don't use t*****ts, but I do have a file sync program that keeps my computers in sync with each other. It uses a p2p connection to do this. So, perhaps that is the issue.

But I do wonder why it is happening in the first place...

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
iDell (XPS 8300)
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I made a post about this a while back, and I still haven't fixed it.

I installed PDANet, a tethering client, for Mac, and then out of nowhere it just shut down, and will not boot again. I don't know how to fix it. I've tried every boot flag I know, and nothing fixes it.

I don't have the bootable Lion USB anymore, and I don't have access to a mac, either.

I have my snow leopard CD, but I don't think that could really help at all, being on Lion.

What can I do to get help with this?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8300
CPU
Intel Core i7 2400
Graphics
ATI Radeon HDsomething (dead)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't have the bootable Lion USB anymore
Critical mistake. You should have kept your UniBeast or equivalent installation medium around. (I always install UniBeast to a second partition, a la Lion recovery)

I have my snow leopard CD
It could help, as once booted you could have access to a terminal and remove offending files (probably some kexts). But that would require building a PC bootable media from it, and that requires a Mac. Or maybe iBoot/rBoot CDs can help (which you could burn under windows)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I originally installed Snow Leopard and my system worked fine, the ethernet worked with the kexts in iDell.zip. When I did a clean install of Lion and installed the kexts (installed IO, repaired permissions, rebooted, installed BCMS, repaired, rebooted) and ethernet still doesn't work. What do I do now?