CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So it has been a while since I post something and decided to spend some time on this project using a spare ProDesk 600 SFF G3 I had laying around in my office.

So far everything seems OK for the most part. I can boot without any issues and use the build without any problems.

The components I'm using are pretty much standard with this machine, I mean I did not add or remove any stock hardware from the computer.

The method I use to prepare the High Sierra USB is UniBeast found on this guide.

Machine Specs:
Prodesk 600 SFF G3
i7 6700 Skylake @ 3.40 Ghz
SSD - 256GB Micron
8GB DDR4 2400 Mhz (Single Stick)
Acer monitor - 1080p
DP to DVI adapter
System Definitions - 17.1

BIOS

Bios settings can be found on this LINK

The installation process is simple, I followed the guide from TMX86 site and did not use APFS. After the installation was completed I mount the EFI partition and copy the EFI Folder attached to this Post to the EFI partition.

What works:

*Integrated 530 Intel Video Card

*Audio using VoodooHDA

*USB 3.0 & 2.0

*Ethernet (I have to use the latest IntelMausi kext from RehabMan-BIG THANKS!!!) The one from MultiBeast did not load property.

*For video, I'm using Display port to DVI adapter. The resolution of the monitor I'm using is 1080p.
Sleep/Awake - It works but if I leave it for long periods of time sleeping and try to awake the computer it just restarts. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

iMessage - Working so far using the iDiot's Guide.

* NOTE (BIOS Time Reset upon reboot): I'm putting this in here because although I'm able to boot and use the computer fine, the time in the BIOS gets reset from time to time and I have no clue how to prevent this. Any help will be appreciated into resolve this. I have to uncheck "Set date and time automatically" in settings to keep the OS time correctly.
What doesn't Work:

If I turn Off the machine it automatically turns back on - The way I have resolved this to set in the S5 maximum power savings, otherwise the machine will automatically power On after shutdown.

Here are the result from geek bench:

CPU & Compute

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 4.30.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 4.08.20 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 808
Hi, have you solved the issues you had? I have the same machine and would like to give it a go.

Thanks

@xunil75, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I was able to install without any issues. Thanks to this great Forum!

3soUPIg.png

Sleep/Awake - It works but if I leave it for long periods of time sleeping and try to awake the computer it just restarts. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Try this to prevent standby mode after a long sleep - I use the same for my HP 800 G1 USDT - it means it won't enter the very low power standby mode but should resume fine after sleep:

sudo pmset -a standby 0

Hello Amigo
Thank You for you explicity Guide.
I have this PC when you say, but my unique diference has Graphi Card NVIDIA GeForce GT730

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back