Motherboard
Z370-A
CPU
i7 Intel 8th Gen 8700k
Graphics
M2000 Nvidia Quadro
Prime Z370-A + i7 8700K Coffee Lake + Nvidia Quadro M2000

My first build :D

This has taken me ages, simply because I followed YouTube tutorials using VMware. After a bunch of solved issues, I hit a brick wall when I tried to sync iLok, I turned back and used UniBeast, which was fairly easy in comparison.

One issue I did have was reaching the installer after the Clover boot, the system would show just the apple logo and then reboot. I solved this by logging my RAM units on my USB's config file (in SMBios using clover config), on my MacBook Pro. This is also something I did on my system config file once booted, otherwise I'd have to keep using the USB to boot.

After that I used the following thread to sort my Nvidia driver:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

One thing that I'm not sure the thread mentioned (probably did): I had to check the NvidiaWeb box on system parameters in clover config.

Audio and USB worked right after MultiBeast, I didn't try them prior. The only issue I have now is the small, but noticeable static/white noise I'm getting through my audio interface. This is annoying as I'm using the build for music production and need a crisp signal. Please comment if you know how to get rid of this, I've tried all options from this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...board-and-or-uhd-6x0-hdmi-audio.250966/page-2

Hope this helps someone. And a big thank you to those who helped get this bad boy running!

Hi John .. congratulations on the new build
I have the same motherboard and i7 8700k, but the dGPU is MSI 1070ti.. I managed to install and get 10.13.5 working on my hakintosh, but I've been struggling for the past week on how to make the Nvidia drivers the primary graphic. It keeps booting to the motherboard GPU
I tried nearly everything online, so I was wondering whats the setting you used in config.list and what are the kext you added to make the whole thing work?

Thanks a lot

I assume you tried? NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra ...

Also I ticked NvidiaWeb in system parameters.

It worked at this point...

but when I looked at 'About this mac' - it said my M2000 was 0MB when its 4GB. So I logged it in graphics using 0x0 for IOPCE and also when trying to create an ssdt so I could see 5Hz OCing on the "About this mac" I started by following this guide [Guide] Generate SSDT For Coffee Lake CPU | tonymacx86.com

In the midst of it, I changed my CPU type as advised by terminal which I imagine is risky, as my boots were almost touch and go. So I've changed the CPU type back, even though I can now see my graphics at 4095MB, (I think thats because I ticked load VBios when logging my GPU and didn't complete the SSDT process changing the CPU type prior to step 4)

We'll see next time I boot - Are you getting any static through audio at all?

EDIT: I changed the CPU type field back to blank in clover config and can see my GPU detailed and full operational. So I imagine it was VBios., considering many said you don't need to do a SSDT for this system.

Last edited:
I did also install the Multibeast Kexts

I did also install the Multibeast Kexts
Sorry for the late response..
I've been trying everything to fix the graphics problem, I'm also returning my MSI 1070ti and replacing it with any Gigabyte or Evga Graphics hoping this would be the solution for the problem.

Regarding you static noise problem, I read online that VOODOO "https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/" could help solve it.

Thanks a lot for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back