Contribute
Register

[Success] PK's HTPC: i7-8700K | ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX | 16GB | UHD 630 | High Sierra

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Stork sees the images because of his Admin privileges, the OP has neglected to make them public so that they are invisible to everyone else.
We should have the mandatory Build Template invisible to us (not availble to the public), then we would never see anyone's work as only a few have admin priveledges and then the Admis can comment on these invisible builds we can't see, and we all go crazy....

Motherboard
ASRock Taichi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580 Nitro+
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
All I can speak to is ONBOARD Thunderbolt, working on my GA Z270X-UD5.
Basically, I am preferring the Thunderbolt port on the Motherboard, though those are certainly few and far between.
When I was looking at 'TB card capable' MBs, it seemed the cards were really hard to find - just not much happening IMO... for whatever its worth.
I have bought a new ASRock with onboard Tbolt, but have not proven it yet in Mac world.
I have had success with my Asrock Taichi and Asrock Thunderbolt 3 AIC card.All audio interfaces and drives working perfectly.My only issue is I have to boot into Windows first then restart into OSX 10.13.6 without powering down.I believe there is a solution to this but the current work around isn't such a problem adding only 1 minute to my boot regime.Very happy !!! Geekbench 3 -28600

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
512K, Plus
Mobile Phone
iOS
PK’s Media Server “Overclocked” Coffee Lake Build:
ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX | i7-8700K | UHD 630

Thanks for documenting this build. I'm going to do the same build but with air cooling in a Lian-Li PC-TU200 case with a Vega 64 GPU for gaming.