CPU
Intel i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SUCCESS] Pistooli's Workhorse: GA-H77-DS3H, i7-3770 Ivy Bridge, OSX 10.9.1 (updated to 10.9.2)

Pistooli's Workhorse Build
GA-H77-DS3H, i7-3770 Ivy Bridge, OSX 10.9.1 (updated to 10.9.2)

air540_hero_down.png

Components

Already Owned

Comments

This is my first hackintosh build for a long time. I used to hack OSX from 10.4.11 times, when I installed it on an IBM Thinkpad X31 (worked quite nice), then built 10.5.6 machines. Since I am an Apple user since 2001 (currently working with a MacBook Air mid 2012), I have decided to build a powerful desktop machine.

It is a hobby really, because I would be more than happy with the performance of my MacBook Air.

Before I went out for shopping the components, I carefully browsed the forum (many thanks), and once I have decided on the motherboard, I have followed the brilliant H77-DS3H guide by Seakers (big thanks!).

Remarks:
The Fractal Design house is very nice and easy to assemble, fully recommended!
I could not found a be quite! power supply at the time of the build, but I am going to change it.
The be quite! CPU cooler is huge and takes two people to install... :)

Installation

1. Created UniBeast Mavericks USB drive according to the Guide on TonymacX86, on my MacBook Air
  2. Modified two BIOS settings
    Code:
    VT-d: Disabled
    SataMode: AHCI
  3. No Bootflag was needed to start the Mavericks installation :)
  4. Install went as it should, nothing extraordinary (Maverick was installed on the SSD)
  5. After installing Maverick, just booted from the USB and went straight to setting up the system
  6. Using Multibeast I have installed the following (MultiBeast picture below):

Maverick post-install (H77).png
  7. Reboot -> Finished

TP-Link wifi was still not working, so I applied the kext as I found the thread about this here.
Since I installed Maverick on the SSD, but had a 2TB HDD as well, I have changed the USER directory to the Hard Drive according to this guide (I always do this in an SSD/HDD setup).

What is working:
  • Belkin bluetooth works like a charm (both Apple Mouse and Trackpad works even after sleep)
  • TP-Link wifi (after the separate kext applied)
  • Dual monitor setup works (LG via hdmi, Samsung via DVI - with correct resolutions)
  • Sleep and auto sleep works
  • USB3 and USB 2 works (both back and front panel)
  • Speedstep works (but I have only two steps, 1,6 GHz and 3,4 GHz)
  • Appstore works

All in all it is a stable, silent, fast machine and a very easy build!

Benchmarks

Geekbench3 Workhourse.png

What is NOT working (or untested):
  • iMessage (I know there is workaround)
  • Sound over hdmi (I know there is a fix)

Based on the above and my personal opinion, I can fully recommend this setup to anyone.

Best regards and happy building!

EDIT 19/02/2014: Changed PSU to a be quiet! PSU

EDIT 26/02/2014: Applied 10.9.2 Combo Update as per the Tonymacx86 announcement (smooth install, only had to reapply WIFI kext and enable again TRIM support)

EDIT 18/07/2014: Changed case to Corsair Carbide Series® Air 540 (even from the Fractal Design it is an upgrade)

please update your original post with the change in PSUs. :thumbup:

hi can u plss help me updateing my hackintosh from 10.8.5 to 10.9.3......plsssss
i dont want to perform fresh installl......i have same config...ga-h77-ds3h and i7 3770...
plsss help me

Hi kaku,

I have not done an upgrade hence I am sure that my advise would not be the best. Sorry, but better to be honest.

Also since I am abroad at the moment, I still need to upgrade to 10.9.3, so can not comment on that one either.

Do the update and after that you will need to reinstall the drivers for the audio and the network. Make sure that you have MultiBeast Mavericks 6.1.0 in a USB somewhere.
You probably will need to select the same and as in the attachment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 9.02.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 9.02.57 AM.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 212
MultiBeast 6.3.1 will be out in the next couple of days which will have updated audio drivers. So, I'd wait until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back