Contribute
Register

[Success] - Photo/Video Build - UD5H // 3770k // 550Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Djarum02 said:
Craigrox said:
Sorry scratch that! I meant GE=Yes was showing as 1536MB. It wasn't until DSDT edits was it properly recognised.

Yea I've got someone who is looking over the dsdt right now. :crazy: With ivy, z77, 10.7.4, 550ti there seems to be a conflict that hasn't been easily resolved without edits. And nothing is working as a general rule. Each system is having to be edited on a case by case basis. Not good so far since the 550Ti is listed as a working OOB card. Just not with z77 and ive :problem:

Can you post a write-up on the working edits please :D I just purchased the same board/processor and gfx card :headbang:

See, I have the 550Ti (albeit without the Gigabyte board, I have an ASUS P5N-D) and it's showing as 16x, but with a link-speed of 2.5 GT/s also. With my card, I'm getting decent Luxmark scores, 2706 similar to Craigrox, but horrible FPS. In the Heaven benchmark, it rarely gets to 30, mostly hanging around 15 and lower. In video games the FPS is pretty horrible as well.

I've done most of the fixes in Craigrox's guide, but the FPS is still horrible. Any ideas as to that?

[EDIT] Just ran the Heaven benchmark, got a FPS of 17, score of 428. Pretty horrible in my opinion.

Have you installed the Cuda drivers and that thing that is in MultiBeast but doesn't actually make a difference possibly but I didn't realise and did it anyway?

I can only speculate :thumbdown: but what fixes have you done just so we know?

Craigrox said:
Have you installed the Cuda drivers and that thing that is in MultiBeast but doesn't actually make a difference possibly but I didn't realise and did it anyway?

I can only speculate :thumbdown: but what fixes have you done just so we know?

I installed the CUDA drivers, didn't seem to make a difference. As for the OpenCL fix in multibeast, I somehow actually get better Luxmark scores in Mac than windows! :lol: But I made the edits myself using the instructions in the blog.

It almost seems to me like the states are not the correct range. Would GenerateP/CStates in the boot.plist be contributing to this possibly?

Need some baby-step instructions to get my audio going. Feel like I'm following the instructions but am obviously missing something. Been through all of it a few dozen times so I need to do something different. Everything but sound works like a champ. I'm using an external USB audio solution until somebody helps me whip this. . .

Suggestions?

Gigabyte Z77X UD5H
i5 Processor
16 Gigs
SSD128 Gig
EAH6850
Corsair 650HX

I've got the Thor's Hammer cooler which keeps it 25C most of the time. I've seen it about 38C during a video render. That's extremely low and I'm surprised.

Still begging for audio hints. . .

VideoBillBa said:
I've got the Thor's Hammer cooler which keeps it 25C most of the time. I've seen it about 38C during a video render. That's extremely low and I'm surprised.

wow. that's amazing. I've heard that Ivy Bridge is very, i mean VERY hot. as in like 4.8ghz with 1.35V and it hits 86C with custom water loop o_O

hackintosh1997 said:
VideoBillBa said:

wow. that's amazing. I've heard that Ivy Bridge is very, i mean VERY hot. as in like 4.8ghz with 1.35V and it hits 86C with custom water loop o_O

People are getting above 5 with good custom water. Shitty water no. As discussed in the ssdt forums water systems can be worse than hratsink fans.

VideoBillBa said:

I
Hmm. Can you explain why you think audio is y working? I don't doubt you just need to see what the problem is. It would be like saying my internet doesn't work if that makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back