Contribute
Register

[Success] - Photo/Video Build - UD5H // 3770k // 550Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
hackintosh1997 said:
Great build man! are you seeing that Ivy runs very hot? or does it run OK for you? would like to know!

Runs realily cold. 25-30c, bit I don't play games...

VideoBillBa said:
Need some baby-step instructions to get my audio going. Feel like I'm following the instructions but am obviously missing something. Been through all of it a few dozen times so I need to do something different. Everything but sound works like a champ. I'm using an external USB audio solution until somebody helps me whip this. . .

Suggestions?

Gigabyte Z77X UD5H
i5 Processor
16 Gigs
SSD128 Gig
EAH6850
Corsair 650HX

Was on F8 bios, system crashed and went back to F4. Audio stopped working. Went back to F7 Bios (people have been stable with it) and audio came back on.

I'm reinstalling my system due to new MB, BH, and uni

VideoBillBa said:
Good question. When I open Settings/Sound, there are no devices.

You need to do the install for the 898 in the audio tuning forum. Have to read carefully, the instructions are for both dsdt and non dsdt and split half way through.

Is there any reason to think that this build with the 3770k swapped for a e3-1230 v2 would have any problems? specifically with power managment/sleep/wake?

Thanks

Djarum02 said:
GeekBench

Hi Djarum02,

I notice that your GB score shows your RAM as being '0 MHz'. I had this trouble too, until I installed my RAM correctly. In my case, this meant putting the matched sets of DIMMS in slots 1 & 3 (or 2 & 4), rather than in slots 1 & 2 (or 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 or 1 & 4).

Can you confirm for me which slots you have them installed in and if incorrect, re-install them and then re-do your GeekBench score for me? When I did this, my score jumped up by nearly 1000, so, it should be in your benefit to have a look =)

Tagny Daggart said:
Djarum02 said:
GeekBench

Hi Djarum02,

I notice that your GB score shows your RAM as being '0 MHz'. I had this trouble too, until I installed my RAM correctly. In my case, this meant putting the matched sets of DIMMS in slots 1 & 3 (or 2 & 4), rather than in slots 1 & 2 (or 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 or 1 & 4).

Can you confirm for me which slots you have them installed in and if incorrect, re-install them and then re-do your GeekBench score for me? When I did this, my score jumped up by nearly 1000, so, it should be in your benefit to have a look =)

The board recommends using DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 slots which looks like slots 2 and 4 for above. They are separated.

As for that, it is showing 0 still, just tested again. Maybe it's because the ram is new. 30mn samsung ram. Hell I don't know though. It runs great, super fast and cool. I haven't overclocked it yet though, I'm still a newb at that stuff and don't want to fry my system. Also was told that I need windows installed to really test my overclocking capabilities. Maybe I'll divert one of my 1tb drives for that. I was going to use a 256 drive, but it might be toast. Running a HD scan on it now, if I can I will be overclocking soon. Just can't see wasting $100 right now on an extra HD just so I can test overclocking.

Djarum02 said:
Tagny Daggart said:
Djarum02 said:
GeekBench

Hi Djarum02,

The board recommends using DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 slots which looks like slots 2 and 4 for above. They are separated.

As for that, it is showing 0 still, just tested again. Maybe it's because the ram is new. 30mn samsung ram. Hell I don't know though. It runs great, super fast and cool. I haven't overclocked it yet though, I'm still a newb at that stuff and don't want to fry my system. Also was told that I need windows installed to really test my overclocking capabilities. Maybe I'll divert one of my 1tb drives for that. I was going to use a 256 drive, but it might be toast. Running a HD scan on it now, if I can I will be overclocking soon. Just can't see wasting $100 right now on an extra HD just so I can test overclocking.

Yeah, you've got it right. And, I should have consulted the Mobo manual to get the slot numbers properly.

When you say it running cool, how cool is that? I'm running the stock cooler and stock speeds and I see the temps get into the 77°C just running GeekBench. I have a crap case though, my new one comes tomorrow and should have much better airflow.

Tagny Daggart said:
Yeah, you've got it right. And, I should have consulted the Mobo manual to get the slot numbers properly.

When you say it running cool, how cool is that? I'm running the stock cooler and stock speeds and I see the temps get into the 77°C just running GeekBench. I have a crap case though, my new one comes tomorrow and should have much better airflow.

Just curious what are you using to monitor temps while running geekbench?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back