Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Perfect Sierra build Asus Z170 Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
sixth: Using VoodooHDA 2.8.8 the Audio Inputs are not working. So, no microphone support.
Did you get the ALC 1150 Driver running?

Yes, the ALC 1150 is functioning properly. I never tested the mic input because I have an external interface which is connected at all times.

eighth: If I boot with TWO Monitors connected to my GTX1080 (One projector on HDMI and one Monitor on DisplayPort) I get a black screen after the apple boot screen. If I boot with the Projector- HDMI disconnected it boots fine.
Can I somehow disable one monitor during Boot in Clover? Or is there another Fix? AGDPfix.app Does not help... So I have no clue why I get a black screen....
You have almost the exact same problems as mine! Ha ha..

Yes, this happens to me some times. But its not consistently reproducible. I searched for a similar fix but didn't find any. I am no longer spending time on fixing Sierra as High Sierra is almost here. :D

@wise-rice
I have a different problem though. I got a bcm94360cs PCIE card from Ebay which should have worked out of the box. However, I am getting stuck at HID Legacy Shim 2. From what I understood by reading online is that, this card is treated like any other USB device while booting up. What I don't get is why my hackintosh isn't liking it.

The reason I got this card is because it supposedly allows bluetooth keyboards to work in clover mode and is more reliable for hand off and continuity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...426322&hash=item3ab81214df:g:6BEAAOSwfZ1WX0eA

Hi folks,

I'm still with Sierra 10.1, did any of you try to update to latest Sierra version with this config (not to High Sierra) ? Did they succeed ? What do I have to be careful to ?

Thanks

Hi folks,

I'm still with Sierra 10.1, did any of you try to update to latest Sierra version with this config (not to High Sierra) ? Did they succeed ? What do I have to be careful to ?

Thanks

I have upgraded to High Sierra. BUT.....

I changed my GPU to Radeon RX Vega because I am getting native support. So no more fiddling with webdrivers or GPU patches. (well there is one small patch). I am writing the guide and should be done by tomorrow night. You can wait if you want and see what all you need for High S . haha.

I have upgraded to High Sierra. BUT.....

I changed my GPU to Radeon RX Vega because I am getting native support. So no more fiddling with webdrivers or GPU patches. (well there is one small patch). I am writing the guide and should be done by tomorrow night. You can wait if you want and see what all you need for High S . haha.

Thanks, I will wait for High Sierra...

For the moment I just want to update to Sierra last version .. can I do that without fear ?

Thanks, I will wait for High Sierra...

For the moment I just want to update to Sierra last version .. can I do that without fear ?

Since the Nvidia Web drivers are already out for High Sierra, I think its good to just upgrade to High Sierra unless you don't wanna do it for other reasons. The OS is quite stable and the web drivers are getting better too. You can also upgrade to High Sierra without changing the file system to APFS if that worries you.

Note that on High Sierra, NVMe support is native as well. Overall, its the most painless experience I have ever had with a hackintosh.

I just made the update to 10.12.6 ! I took the pain of making a disk clone before on a new 1Tb SSD... but it was flowless. I just had to update nvidia drivers on reboot and that's it.

As it's my production machine, I'm very cautious with it and will think about going to High Sierra now after checking if it really brings something to me (I don't use NVMe drives yet)

the thunderbolth port is working ?????????????

thank´s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back