Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Overclocked GA-Z87X-UD5 TH - Core i7-4770K - GTX770

Status
Not open for further replies.
So finally I've decided to return the GA-Z87X-UD5 TH to the shop.
When the hack was crashing (and it crashed a lot) it just kill the local network everytime (whish is totaly unacceptable). I think the mobo was faulty.
Since I don't really need thunderbolt I've decided to go for a GA-Z87X-UD3H. After some benchmark, I've got 4.4Ghz and scored 4057/15752 with acceptable cpu temp (80°)
But I'm still not able to OC the memory... I don't know why. :)

So thanks a lot abc123kazu and other for the help!

hello everybody!

why my cpu doesn't show 3.5 but 3.46 you know what i mean?
other example, normally 4.3 and it write 4.29.

and second question, it stay at 3.46, normally the idle is 800mhz... no?

thks guys for your help

I have no clue why it reads that way but it never bothered me.
Actually those weird numbers kind of looks cool.
Mine is Turbo Boost and all energy saving modes OFF.
My machine was made for running heavy duty work so it is always at 4.5Ghz

I have a similar setup but not over clocking the system.

using the Core i7-4771
same motherboard as you
same memory as well, but i have 4 sticks (32GB) only have two in for setup now
made my Unibeast with 10.9.2 but it won't install, it gets to the apple, the screen goes black
it comes back up then the color wheel spins forever..

Nice build dude, will be following yours as we have some similar parts and issues! Seemed to have sorted my system freezing by leaving XMP as default and bumping up the ram speed to 1600 and increase voltage by +.1 and now all good.

Still find I have the occasional problem like no sound after sleep, but this doesn't happen every time, it's unpredictable.

This is GREAT! I built just about exactly the same setup as you. My very first machack!

Only 1 issue that I've spotted so far - I lose audio after my computer goes to sleep. Doing a soft reboot brings it back. Any idea why this is happening?

I used Multibeast to select the Realtek ALCXXX / Without DSDT / ALC898
also & Realtek ALCXXX / Without DSDT / HDAEhandler for audio driver settings.

THE BUILD:
GA-Z87X-UD5-TH

32GB Crucial ram : http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00A14ZT7E/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

i7 4770k : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CO8TBQ0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Onboard graphics (will be going with GTX 780 card soon.

This machine is awesome! If I could just have my audio come back after waking up, that would be great.

To fix your audio problem, use the Realtek kext from a previous build of MultiBeast. It solved my audio cut after sleep problem, whilst my machine was still running :(

PERFECT! That fixed it! I used Multibeast 5.5.5 to install the audio driver and viola!

Thank you!

To fix your audio problem, use the Realtek kext from a previous build of MultiBeast. It solved my audio cut after sleep problem, whilst my machine was still running :(

I am sorry but it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe that you ran Prime 95's on Haswell i7 4770K with 4.7 and the CPU temperature didn't go above 41C after 8 passes. That is just illogically impossible, unless you live in Alaska and keep your PC on an ice block. Even with Corsair H80i at 4.2 Haswell runs at 37-40C on Idle. I think there could be something wrong with your sensors. :confused:

4Limits in 10.9 Mavericks
i clocked up to 4.7Ghz and noticed that OS X didn't boot.
i kept going down 100mhz at a time and 4.3Ghz was the # that worked.
It seems that Mavericks 10.9 at this stage will not read anything above that.
I ran Prime 95's torture test 8 passes and temperature went no higher than 41 Celsius. Safe temperature is somewhere around 90 C.

My BIOS Settings for Overclocking CPU
VRIN Override Voltage 1.85V
VCore: 1.2V
Ring Voltage: 1.15V
CPU Multiplier: 43
BCLK: Auto
Turbo: Auto

Overclocking RAM

Enter Bios
Turn on XMP
System Memory Multiplier 18.66
Memory Timing (both Channel A & B)
CAS Latency 10
tRCD 10
tRP 10
tRAS 27
CPU System Agent Voltage +.250V
CPU I/O Analog Voltage +0.250V
CPU I/O Digital Voltage +0.250V​

Tested Prime95 Torture Test 4pass. No errors.

About this Mac
View attachment 79276
B

Hi,

I'm about to start a mavericks build on this board and having read several different threads about firewire 800 pci/pci-e boards I've just made myself more confused about what work and what doesn't. :crazy: Could anyone please recommend a firewire board that works with this specific board? I will mostly be using this system for video editing and motion graphics, all sound is run through my USB soundcard. Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back