Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] OSX Lion on ASUS P7P55D-E PRO, i7 860, HD 5770 CF

Does my tututorial work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
galisrule said:
i basically have the same setup as yours but when it comes on to booting the installer am getting the fintex error Found unsupported chip ID=0xc3 REVISION=0x33. do you know of anyway to get around that i tried everything i know the funniest thing is snow leopard the latest version works fine on it. cant figure why i cant get pass that error at all .your advice would be highly appreciated

That error occurs when your video card is unsupported. Please take a look at the following link to see if your video card is supported: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... adeon.html

You can check the device id of your video card using GPU-Z under windows.

I installed everything good didnt use ati kexts. Just patch but I can't get image when playing video. Can u help am at 10.7.2 video plays just no image there is sound n YouTube works

Nfs gamer, since we both have the motherboard of same manufacture and almost every oart is the same (LAN chipset etc)
Can i use your method?
If i would be able to, youll have the opportunity to widen your compatibility,
viewtopic.php?uid=300657&f=3&t=36085&start=0
So help me bro

Hey I installed Lion today and everything works great after following this guide excepts for the Optical S/PDIF.

I have a home theater that is hooked to my computer and when I put headphones on is sounds great but when I set the output to S/PDIF it sounds terrible can't even keep it on.

is there a way to make the Optical S/PDIF work :?:

thanks.

I fiddled around trying (unsuccessfully) to get SPDIF output working. Eventually b0orked my system and had to reinstall. Oh well - it's a muck-around system for me anyway (damned good fun though!).

Weird thing is, using the new unibeast method, from a home-created OSX Lion Thumb Drive, I can't boot off the drive when I use the multibeast 'user DSDT' option.

I have to use easyDSDT, then gently add kexts (including the nice modified voodoo sound for VT1828S). Otherwise - booty no worky (screen greys out, and a little box with a crossed line appears). In verbose mode, it's "waiting for root device".

hi nfsgamer!

This tutorial looks great, I just have a few questions.

I have the ASUS P8Z68-V LE motherboard will this make a difference?

I also have a nvidia GT 450 I will just need to apply a different patch?

For dual boot with Win7 will I need to partition the HDD first or can I do this just before installing snow leopard?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back