Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] OS X Sierra GA-Z97-HD3 i7 /4790S /GTX 980 /ALC887 /WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'll try :)
Thank you!
I've just installed de Realtekrtl8111 v2.2 (I i remember correctly, it was at the bottom of the list) from Multibeast Sierra Edition, works perfectly. Good luck!

Can confirm that this works on my matching motherboard and a GTX 750 Ti graphics card. I had to originally boot with the additional flags -x -v PCIRootUID=1 though. I'm very happy.

Didn't follow step by step but bought the motherboard because of this guide, made a mistake purchasing i3-4150 since os x doesn't support the graphics on that cpu, still I was able to install with default BIOS settings using a GTX 960... Not integrated graphics, I was lucky? I even booted to desktop without web drivers.

My first hackingtosh.

Didn't follow step by step but bought the motherboard because of this guide, made a mistake purchasing i3-4150 since os x doesn't support the graphics on that cpu, still I was able to install with default BIOS settings using a GTX 960... Not integrated graphics, I was lucky? I even booted to desktop without web drivers.

My first hackingtosh.
I'm happy for you! It's hard to say... In my experience i had reboot loops before reaching the log-in screen, and sometimes the screen would go to sleep and never came back. All threads suggested to boot with IGFX and then install the web drivers. If you experience some of this problems further on, don't hesitate on doing what I did. It WILL solve them.

Tried to swap an HD6850 but it didn't work properly, as a note I installed Sierra with OP's settings again using GTX 960, couldn't download apps from the app store and had to delete network settings config files, do a google search.

NOTE: As I mentioned before, use HDMI. VGA causes panic and reboot. DVI.I to VGA too.
Ho everybody.... You Must use a DVI-D active converter to VGA..... using a DVI-I to VGA is like using directly a VGA, because you connect to the analog pin of the DVI-I connector...... MacOS hates analog video
Also in all iMac the use also digital video output to integrated monitor.....
So i solved the problem using DP, HDMI, DVI-D or DVI-DtoVGA converter.

Hi, how did you create a sierra bootable installation with unibeast? I have a GA-Z97-HD3 board and the guides on internet typically skipped the part on creating a bootable sierra installation with unibeast 7.1.1.

I remember in the past unibeast could be installed on a GUID partition, but now it will show an error that it can only work on HFS. This is problematic since GA-Z97-HD3 does not seem to recognize a HFS disk.

When I created a HFS bootable sierra with unibeast 7.1.1, I cannot boot it on GA-Z97-HD3. If I choose UEFI only, it will say cannot find bootable disk, and if I use UEFI first, it will boot into Legacy mode, which is a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left corner.

Hi, how did you create a sierra bootable installation with unibeast? I have a GA-Z97-HD3 board and the guides on internet typically skipped the part on creating a bootable sierra installation with unibeast 7.1.1.

I remember in the past unibeast could be installed on a GUID partition, but now it will show an error that it can only work on HFS. This is problematic since GA-Z97-HD3 does not seem to recognize a HFS disk.

When I created a HFS bootable sierra with unibeast 7.1.1, I cannot boot it on GA-Z97-HD3. If I choose UEFI only, it will say cannot find bootable disk, and if I use UEFI first, it will boot into Legacy mode, which is a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left corner.
Hello, i don't have a USB with the installer, but i'll tell you as much as i can. Read carefully the Unibeast guide, as far as i remember the only format options used by Unibeast are Master Boot Record and GUID partion table. Choose one of those, as indicated in the guide. Remember to use UEFI mode.
Regarding boot on this motherboard, i'll tell you what i do since booting a USB installer or my HDD is theoretically the same: In BIOS settings boot mode is selected in "UEFI/Legacy". Press F12 to select boot device, and choose the pendrive. Do not select the uefi partition or anything else, just the item containing the name of the USB device.
That has always worked for me, hope it helped.

Hello, i don't have a USB with the installer, but i'll tell you as much as i can. Read carefully the Unibeast guide, as far as i remember the only format options used by Unibeast are Master Boot Record and GUID partion table. Choose one of those, as indicated in the guide. Remember to use UEFI mode.
Regarding boot on this motherboard, i'll tell you what i do since booting a USB installer or my HDD is theoretically the same: In BIOS settings boot mode is selected in "UEFI/Legacy". Press F12 to select boot device, and choose the pendrive. Do not select the uefi partition or anything else, just the item containing the name of the USB device.
That has always worked for me, hope it helped.

What's your BIOS version? Mine is F8.

I like to add I also tried MBR, and it didn't work. Under UEFI only it says cannot find bootable drive, under legacy it just goes into the black screen with a blinking cursor.

Hello everyone;
Like I did with my previous build, I'm happy to make a summary of how I accomplished a successful build to help anyone who has similar hardware, since I would never be able to do so without this wonderfull site :).

My Specs:
GA-Z97-HD3 (BIOS version F8)
i7 4790S
16 GB RAM
EVGA GTX 980 4GB
TP-Link PCIe Wirerless adapter

1. BIOS SETTINGS

- Load the default settings.
- Disable VT-D.
- Set xHCI Auto mode.
- Activate xHCI Hand-Off.
- Activate EHCI Hand-Off.
- Set SATA to ACHI Auto.
- Os Type to Other OS in BIOS features.
- If you get random freezes set Memory to enhanced stability in Advanced memory settings.
- For users with GTX cards:
- Set IGFX (Integrated graphics) as first display output. You MUST install with integrated graphics and then proceed with the WebDrivers. Now you must connect your display to the motherboard outputs.​
NOTE: I've been using a DVI-I to VGA adapter since Lion. It will just cause problems to use anything but HDMI from El Capitan onwards. You can use a HDMI TV until you get a HDMI monitor if you dont have one.

2. Prepare Unibeast and follow every step on the official guide.
2.1. Prepare a folder containing the following and copy It into the USB:
- Kext Wizard.
- EFI Mounter.
- Multibeast Sierra edition.
- Clover Configurator
- Atheros AR5B195.... (attached zip below).
- Usefullcodes.rtf (attached below)​
2.2. In my case, other clover partitions in other disks cause me confusions regarding which one to mount. Not to mention that applying configurations to the wrong one might be critical. So disable in the BIOS SATA options ALL other hard drives except for the one you want to install Sierra on.​
3. Boot with "nv_disable=1" "dart=0" "kext-dev-mode=1" and "-v" just in case.
4. Install.
5. Boot with the same flags as before and complete the setup. The resolution should be full, as the HD4600 seems to be natively supported.
6. Copy the folder I made you put in your USB and copy it to the desktop. Then eject the USB and remove it. Luckily you will never need it again until next OS X release ;).
7. Run Multibeast. Select QuickStart, UEFI, make sure the system definition will be iMac14,2. Install and reboot. EDIT: INSTALL 7/8/9 SERIES USB SUPPORT under drivers>usb from THE LATEST MULTIBEAST VERSION to get USB 3.0 working.
(If you have the same card as me) Use KextWizard to install BOTH kext in the Atheros.... zip (attached below). There is no need to reboot, just go to System Preferences and configure your Wi-Fi. Now the basics are done.

AUDIO
Install ALC887/888b drivers from Mulltibeast and reboot. Just that worked for me, easy and lucky.

GTX 980
Download the prober WebDrivers for your version of Sierra.
To check the exact version go to About This Mac and click on the 10.12.xx. The version will be shown in brackets. Then Google is your friend to find the driver.
- Install the web drivers and reboot.
- Use EFI Mounter to mount efi.
- Navigate to EFI/CLOVER/ and double click config.plist. It should open with CloverConfigurator.
- On the "boot" menu, select nada_driver=1. Save and quit. Reboot.​
- Then go to the BIOS and change back the initial display output into the PCI with has the card.
- Connect the monitor into the card.
- Let it boot, and that's it.

NOTE: As I mentioned before, use HDMI. VGA causes panic and reboot. DVI.I to VGA too.
I attached my config.plist in case it makes any good for you.
Done.

hello, My system of HAckintosh ,
GA-Z97-HD3
i7 4790k
32 GB RAM
Gigabyte GT 730 2GB DDR5
I was install High sierra many time , but i have failed . Graphis card no supported :(. Without Graphics card motherboard builtin HD4600 its running perfectly . but my another pc : Core 2 duo , intel DG41WV , 4gb ram, Gigabyte GT 730 2GB DDR5 perfect boot all time of High sierra , plz help me Gigabyte GT 730 2GB DDR5 its comfort of GA-Z97-HD3 mother-bored ? or how to perfect boot high sierra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back