CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Final update: I managed to get Mojave running quite stable on a Seagate SSHD (still kept Sierra as main system on SSD). One crash a month, maybe. But once I tried it on SSD (clone, new install, one Intel SSD and one Samsung, didn't matter) it crashed every other day. Either user interface or disk lock up. Clueless. Gave up and installed Mojave on a cheap MSI board I had, took an hour and seems rock stable so I'll use the P55 for Windows now.
==
Just made a quick clean install to external USB drive (HFS+) of Mojave, booted with the same settings as I use for Sierra. Booted without issues, which surprised me, after a quick check most things appear to work - except graphics. My card, ASUS Radeon HD 7750, wasn't properly detected it seemed. It is listed in AMD7000Controller.kext as 0x683F1002 and I had hopes it would be supported. Tried quickly with new lilo, whatevergreen, neither of them, no luck. I'll look into it more shortly. But, still positive that this old P55 system still seems possible to use.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 19.06.43.png

Last edited:
Ok, I guess I made some mistakes, booted Clover off wrong HD. Seems like ASUS Radeon HD 7750 is working in Mojave, at least so far so good. Displayport and HDMI. Great, this was a cheap, and silent, card and I don't need a better (more expensive) card. Cheapest card I could find that handled 4K (and I consider "Retina screen" a must have these days)

DVI-port recognised my 4K monitor but wouldn't display properly, I'm not sure my DVI-cable and monitor will work together in OSX. Maybe if I lowered resolution, but I can't test that right now.

Using Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext, and radpg=15 in config.

Screenshot 2018-10-09 at 11.38.34.png

Last edited:
Kinda same happening with my HD7750. Output is working just fine with HDMI, DVI connected display is detected but black screen, I'm on 10.13.6 currently and already ordered one Display Port cable off amazon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 1.04.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 1.04.16 PM.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 249
Hello Pirum,
witch version of UniBeast/Multibeast/clover did you use ?
I'm trying to install Mojave (High Sierra to) without success :(

I've already have Sierra and it's working good, but I wan't to update to Mojave. Can you give me some tip's ?

Thankyou !

Just made a quick clean install to external USB drive (HFS+) of Mojave, booted with the same settings as I use for Sierra. Booted without issues, which surprised me, after a quick check most things appear to work - except graphics. My card, ASUS Radeon HD 7750, wasn't properly detected it seemed. It is listed in AMD7000Controller.kext as 0x683F1002 and I had hopes it would be supported. Tried quickly with new lilo, whatevergreen, neither of them, no luck. I'll look into it more shortly. But, still positive that this old P55 system still seems possible to use.

View attachment 356335
can u share your efi?

Sleep/wake worked? I have similar system, all work fine, but after sleep, system reboot.

Kinda same happening with my HD7750. Output is working just fine with HDMI, DVI connected display is detected but black screen, I'm on 10.13.6 currently and already ordered one Display Port cable off amazon.

i think HD7750 will only run in HDMI port. I've tried DVI in High Sierra, detected but black screen too. :rolleyes:

hi pirum, can you help to do a step by step installation on the p55?

im so having headache with mine as when i booth with usb on bootloader.
things went blackscreen after halfway of apple loading logo.

my spec is i7 860, dfi p55-t3eh9, vga xfx rx470

I've retired my P55 system, but had to use Clover 4920, lilu 1.2.8 + whatevergreen 1.2.4 (I guess newer could be used, but I had some problems with one thing or another), and boot my Radeon 7750 with radpg=15 as boot argument to avoid black screen.
I also had to use -v once or twice when booting while updating/installing system, or it would just hang.

I updated the first post, for whatever weird reason the system was quite stable when booting off a conventional hard drive (HFS+ or apfs), and USB sd card, but very unstable when booting off SSD. I tried two different SSDs, HFS+ and apfs, trim on or off, I just couldn't figure out why I had random freezes.

Fortunately I had a Z77 board with core i3, just moved my SSD to it and it has worked like a charm using comeloads settings (MSI Z77A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back