Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

I don't think those are the correct ig-platform-id's to use.

Try 3e9b0000

Hi Ted

Tried AAPL,ig-platform-id 3e9b0000 just now. Booted, but then upon restart, bam same error again.

@BillyBoy7 : Were you able to get everything working under Clover?
I have never used Clover, only OpenCore. Was originally on OpenCore 0.5.7 and then updated to OpenCore 0.6.0 with everything working. Had all my SSDT's including Thunderbolt operating and had mapped my USB ports. Managed to get a DSDT compiled and everything was working great - apart from the Hardware Acceleration on the iGPU. Now I have tried all of the ways - headless, fully enabled, your EFI etc and none of them have appeared to work sadly.

Last edited:
I don't get it myself. My EFI should allow you in, especially after resetting the CMOS. Are you sure you are resetting the CMOS correctly? After you reset it, it should go right into BIOS saying that the BIOS has been reset. I also find that my rig tries to power up 4 times before the POST screen comes up, as if it is running diagnostics or something.

The way I got mine working was to play around with pastrychef's EFIs. He is using the Z390M Gaming mobo that is closely related to ours. The only difference is the USB mapping, so if you use his EFI, some of your ports may not be recognized correctly and you may have to remap, or use my USBPorts kext.

Here is his Clover EFI that should work with the iGPU.

This is his first post where he links EFI's that are Clover or OC. Caution, he usually doesn't enable his iGPU, but I have found that his EFIs work with the iGPU enabled or disabled.

As good practice, when you switch from Clover to OC, you should reset the CMOS. I rarely have to do it, but I have on occasion had to reset it when I go back and forth.

Hi Ted

Tried AAPL,ig-platform-id 3e9b0000 just now. Booted, but then upon restart, bam same error again.

Does it boot with your 0.5.7 EFI with the iGPU enabled?

Would you mind uploading your 2 EFI's so I can take a look?

I have never used Clover, only OpenCore. Was originally on OpenCore 0.5.7 and then updated to OpenCore 0.6.0 with everything working. Had all my SSDT's including Thunderbolt operating and had mapped my USB ports. Managed to get a DSDT compiled and everything was working great - apart from the Hardware Acceleration on the iGPU. Now I have tried all of the ways - headless, fully enabled, your EFI etc and none of them have appeared to work sadly.

I will try now with the old 0.5.7 OpenCore EFI

Also, I didn't know you had a DSDT. It might not be operational if you updated the BIOS.

I will try now with the old 0.5.7 OpenCore EFI

Also, I didn't know you had a DSDT. It might not be operational if you updated the BIOS.

Yeah don't worry about it, its working fine at the moment but I will get a new one built tomorrow. Thanks.

OK -- I just checked that EFI I uploaded. It didn't boot on my rig either. Weird.

I deleted it from the post. Let me try to figure it out....

Yeah don't worry about it, its working fine at the moment but I will get a new one built tomorrow. Thanks.

Thats weird.

Thanks for looking tedyun. Hopefully we can resolve this.

OK -- triple checked this one. This is based on pastrychef's Z390M OC 0.6.0 EFI and I customized it with the framebuffer patch, and my USBPorts.kext. It should be the same, although you might need a different map if your setup isn't similar to mine. All the motherboard ports should work. If you have anything plugged into the USB headers, it might not.

Before using remember to add your:

PlatformInfo > DataHub
PlatformInfo > PlatformNVRAM
PlatformInfo > SMBIOS

Thats weird.

Thanks for looking tedyun. Hopefully we can resolve this.

Attachments

• Billyboy EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 80
Back