Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_222356.jpg
    IMG_20220614_222356.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 72
didn't boot

It looks like you mixed up config.plist's. Those errors only show up if you use a config.plist from one version of OC with a different version of OC

It looks like you mixed up config.plist's. Those errors only show up if you use a config.plist from one version of OC with a different version of OC
yes, it's ok
Thank you!

Updated to OpenCore 0.8.2. My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

If you have a 6900XTXH, make sure you enable ACPI > Add > 0 (Enable Radeon 6900XT WEG spoof - enable only if 6900XTXH is installed) BEFORE you use the EFI. This is disabled as default because I'm not sure what will happen if it is enabled on a system that doesn't have a 6900XTXH card.

The other thing is that if you DON'T have a 6900XTXH, make sure you change the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

If you use this EFI:

Rename EFI > OC > Opus - Rename to config.plist to config.plist
In the config.plist:

1. Confirm the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

2. Add your values in PlatformInfo > ROM. PlatformInfo > SystemProductName, PlatformInfo > SystemSerialNumber, PlatformInfo > SystemUUID

Attachments

• OC 0.8.2 Opus - Shareable.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 43
Updated to OpenCore 0.8.3. My EFI is attached here and to the first post, with some minor changes to make it shareable.

If you have a 6900XTXH, make sure you enable ACPI > Add > 0 (Enable Radeon 6900XT WEG spoof - enable only if 6900XTXH is installed) BEFORE you use the EFI. This is disabled as default because I'm not sure what will happen if it is enabled on a system that doesn't have a 6900XTXH card.

The other thing is that if you DON'T have a 6900XTXH, make sure you change the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

If you use this EFI:

Rename EFI > OC > Opus - Rename to config.plist to config.plist
In the config.plist:

1. Confirm the values in DeviceProperties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).

2. Add your values in PlatformInfo > ROM. PlatformInfo > SystemProductName, PlatformInfo > SystemSerialNumber, PlatformInfo > SystemUUID

Attachments

• OC 0.8.3 Opus - Shareable.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 30
The only problem I have with my rig is losing connection with my Magic Mouse after reboot, and this happens intermittently, perhaps once out of every 5 reboots. I constantly reboot my rig because I switch over to the Windows side.
Hi Tedyun,

I'm wondering if you ever found a solution for your Magic Mouse disconnecting after reboot? I am having the same problem, and after booting from Windows into Mac OS I have to remove the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse devices, and then add them again to get them working. This forces me to keep a USB mouse plugged in all the time, obviously defeating the purpose of the Magic devices.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hi Tedyun,

I'm wondering if you ever found a solution for your Magic Mouse disconnecting after reboot? I am having the same problem, and after booting from Windows into Mac OS I have to remove the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse devices, and then add them again to get them working. This forces me to keep a USB mouse plugged in all the time, obviously defeating the purpose of the Magic devices.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hi @DocMeattey -

No solution yet. I updated my USBPorts kext because some of the entries were incorrect, but that didn't fix it. It is definitely intermittent. In fact, it seemed to be less frequent in the later versions of Big Sur and early versions of Monterey, but since 12.4 or so, it's been becoming more frequent.

Are you able to use your Magic Keyboard during boot and in Windows? I have a USB keyboard and mouse plugged in so that I can use them during Windows. I can't game using the Magic mouse. It just doesn't feel right in my hands!

Ted

Hi @DocMeattey -

No solution yet. I updated my USBPorts kext because some of the entries were incorrect, but that didn't fix it. It is definitely intermittent. In fact, it seemed to be less frequent in the later versions of Big Sur and early versions of Monterey, but since 12.4 or so, it's been becoming more frequent.

Are you able to use your Magic Keyboard during boot and in Windows? I have a USB keyboard and mouse plugged in so that I can use them during Windows. I can't game using the Magic mouse. It just doesn't feel right in my hands!

Ted
I can use the Magic Keyboard in Windows. However, I whenever I boot into an OS, I need to go into settings and remove the keyboard from the list of paired bluetooth devices, and then pair it again to get it to work. As long as I have done that and the keyboard is functional before I reboot, then I can use the keyboard during boot as well.

I think I'm going to get a wireless keyboard and mouse to work around this, but I'd rather not spend the money and this is perplexing because I did not have this problem with my Z390 Designare build, which was running Monterey. In that build, the Magic Keyboard and Mouse worked seamlessly in MacOS, and in Windows. Never had to re-pair the devices.

I can use the Magic Keyboard in Windows. However, I whenever I boot into an OS, I need to go into settings and remove the keyboard from the list of paired bluetooth devices, and then pair it again to get it to work. As long as I have done that and the keyboard is functional before I reboot, then I can use the keyboard during boot as well.

I think I'm going to get a wireless keyboard and mouse to work around this, but I'd rather not spend the money and this is perplexing because I did not have this problem with my Z390 Designare build, which was running Monterey. In that build, the Magic Keyboard and Mouse worked seamlessly in MacOS, and in Windows. Never had to re-pair the devices.

@DocMeattey - Which card are you using in your Designaire and which are you using for the Gaming X? Can you share your EFI for the Designaire, or is it based on CaseySJ's? I haven't really looked into this myself. I use an old wired Apple USB keyboard because I like the feel of the old keys when I game over in Windows. The pairing of the BT mouse doesn't really bother me, especially since it seemed to be getting better. But I can try to poke around.

Back