Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Opus i9 Build: Gigabyte Gaming X Z390 - i9-9900K - Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate

That card is inside the buyer's guide, so I think that it works good. Take a look here:

Anyway, I have an XFX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra. It works very well with Catalina 10.15.4 and it should be a little more powerful than the gigabyte ;)
Thank you. :) But I mean not XT card) In the guide there is "RX 5700 XT". Do you know anything about card without XT?) Or about card, where series are RX 5600 XT; for example, "Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT PULSE".

That's the "fun" of Hackintoshing! Trying to make stuff work...

I think if you're unsure of getting unknown combinations of components working in harmony, then I would stick to successful user builds and try to mirror the same components. I can say that even getting the exact same components and following the guides, there is still a chance you won't end up with the same results. My last Hackintosh followed a Golden Build and I still never got sleep/wake and iMessages working properly.

Good luck! This community is great for digging into problems, if you have the patience. And if you can't, make sure you have a good return policy for the card.

Thank you :) But i mean not XT card) In the guide there is "RX 5700 XT". Do you know anything about card without XT?) Or about card, where series are RX 5600 XT, for example "Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT PULSE"

That's the "fun" of Hackintoshing! Trying to make stuff work...

I think if you're unsure of getting unknown combinations of components working in harmony, then I would stick to successful user builds and try to mirror the same components. I can say that even getting the exact same components and following the guides, there is still a chance you won't end up with the same results. My last Hackintosh followed a Golden Build and I still never got sleep/wake and iMessages working properly.

Good luck! This community is great for digging into problems, if you have the patience. And if you can't, make sure you have a good return policy for the card.
Yes, I am trying to use the same components like in another builds. But I have problems with card: Vega and 5700 RX cards are very expensive in my city; 580 cards - are not powerful enough; That's why i'd like to use 5600 RX - it is powerful and not expensive) People write to me - that it will work, but I don't see builds with it.

Of course, i understand, that success of this build depends on many factors, and it can be unsuccessful, but I want increase the probability of success. :)

Personally, I would try it, but we have very good return policies here. I also spent about a week trying to get my build to boot stably before I found out about patching the framebuffers for the iGPU, so I’m also a glutton for punishment! I have a friend who always throws his money at Apple for the latest and greatest iMac. We were texting as I was going through the process, half-amused, half-bewildered why I would go through this when I could just buy a real Mac. “Where’s the fun in that?” I would say. His reply: “you need to get a new definition of fun” ;)

Yes, i am trying to use the same components like in another builds) But i have problems with card: Vega and 5700 RX cards are very expensive in my city; 580 cards - are not powerful enough; That's why i'd like to use 5600 RX - it is powerful and not expensive) People write to me - that it will work, but i don't see builds with it (

Of course, i understand, that success of this build depends on many factors, and it can be unsuccessful, but i want increase the probability of success :)

Personally, I would try it, but we have very good return policies here. I also spent about a week trying to get my build to boot stably before I found out about patching the framebuffers for the iGPU, so I’m also a glutton for punishment! I have a friend who always throws his money at Apple for the latest and greatest iMac. We were texting as I was going through the process, half-amused, half-bewildered why I would go through this when I could just buy a real Mac. “Where’s the fun in that?” I would say. His reply: “you need to get a new definition of fun” ;)
I think I will try this build. In our country good iMac is very expensive. That's why I don't want to buy it. I see the point only to buy MacBook for work.

I agree with you - it is interesting to build your own PC. At the same time it is good experience to understand how the operating system works in details.

Thank you. :) But I mean not XT card) In the guide there is "RX 5700 XT". Do you know anything about card without XT?) Or about card, where series are RX 5600 XT; for example, "Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT PULSE".

Oh, sorry, I read wrong! Anyway as @mattystonnie says in his AWESOME guide:

The RX 5700 XT SSDT.aml works with RX 5600/5700/5700XT.
The RX 5500 XT SSDT.aml works with RX 5500/5500XT.

So, the 5700 should work with Catalina 10.15.4 (and probably also the 5600 XT) :)

Last edited:
Oh, sorry, I read wrong! Anyway as @mattystonnie says in his AWESOME guide:

So, the 5700 should works with Catalina 10.15.4 (and probably also the 5600 XT) :)
Thank you very much for the link :)

Continuing from this thread

@tastic -- I'm thinking that it could be how the video out is configured. In my BIOS settings, I have the iGPU enabled, and this is for Sidecar support as well as for some video processing.

I suggest trying other video ports on your card. Others have reported that not all of the ports are outputting a signal.

The other possibility is to use the mobo HDMI out, for now, if you have the iGPU enabled and work on the 580. If you do have the iGPU enabled, make sure that you patch the framebuffers. My system was very unstable with the iGPU enabled but didn't patch the framebuffer.

Also, GertyMcGee has a 5700 and he reported that not all the DP ports output a signal, so be careful about that.

Last edited:
Continuing from this thread...

@FishWu

I think the problem is that you have your iGPU enabled. The short term fix is to disable your iGPU in the BIOS, then reset the CMOS by popping the battery for a couple minutes, or by shorting the pins for about 10 seconds. That should allow you to boot.

If you need the iGPU enabled either for Sidecar or for optimal video rendering, you need to patch the frame buffer. I gave pointers on how to do it, but if you want to really understand it, you should read CaseySJ's awesome post here. I used the patch for the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M motherboard. It must be similar enough to the Gaming X and it worked.

Alternatively, I attached my EFI to my post and you can give that a shot. It should allow you to enable the iGPU. Remember to populate your serial number, etc, in the SMBIOS.

Last edited:
Back