Contribute
Register

Success - OpenCore - Dell XPS 8700 - i7 4770, 3.40Ghz, 32GB ram (previously Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8700
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally took the dive with OpenCore after putting it off for a while. Was quite some time ago that I started with Clover as I was pretty scared taking the jump to this new way of Hackintoshing. But, I was pleasantly surprised how simple it was when you actually follow the guide to the 'T'.

Specs: (iMac 15,1 - as recommended by users on here)
Dell XPS 8700 (Haswell)
Dell Bios
Intel i7 4770, 3.40Ghz
32GB 1600 MHz DD3 Ram
SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Fenvi Wifi/Bluetooth

What works:
Ethernet
Sound (But also use Bose Companion 5's)
Wifi
Bluetooth
Handoff/Continuity
iMessage
Facetime

Issues:
None that I've found so far... If I find any, I'll be sure to update this post.

I've only just installed the OS, and it's my first time using OC. EFI is copied over and can boot without USB. OC seems to boot a little quicker than Clover.

I just thought I'd post this as there're a few people that still use this Machine.

Hi what guide are you following? I have the same machine.

Reinstalled BigSur yesterday on to a new drive. Made a time machine backup beforehand. Used the USB and installed BS, then used TM to restore everything back and copied over the EFI folder and was up and running within two hours! Got to love the simplicity of MacOS.

Another thank you to all the guys/girl who help and create guides, etc.

Upgraded to OC 6.6 and the latest MacOS update: 11.2.1.

Thanks for posting updates on this thread - I happened to get one of these old machines from family upgrading their computers, and it's great to know that there is path to success for it.

Edit: it would actually be awesome if you could post your config.plist (without smbios info etc.) and SSDTs, just as another point of comparison if I miss (or mistype) something in the guides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back