Contribute
Register

Success: OpenCore Asus Prime Z490-A - i9-10850K - Sapphire RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention, this motherboard has a TYPE C power on the rear and a connection on the motherboard for a front port. If you want to use both of those ports you will want to disable/delete one of the USB 2 PORTS. Another hint to get over on the 15 port limit, just buy a 10 port powered hub it will only count which port you use on your motherboard. I use security keys (4 thumb drives) just to be able to use DAW software and this was my fix.

HS port is one
SS port is one
add them all up the in USBMAP kext for a total of 15 so if you use a 10 port external USB 3.0 self powered hub connected to USB 3.0 that has both HS and SS that is counted 2 ports if you enabled both in USBMAP kext, it will not even count the external ports on the hub. Best secret ever!!!

HS = High Speed
SS= Super Speed

Best bet, use the TEAL Blue ports for SS, Blue Ports as HS & SS and the Black USB 2 ports as just HS. You won't get SS speeds from USB 2 ports. Since there are only two USB 2 ports, use them for your mouse & keyboard.

If you need more help just ask, it took me a few days to understand USBMAPPING but it's very simple. I am use to DSDT but now Opencore is very confusing on what is needed and what is not. The way I see it, why not just use all SSDT and the DSDT that is compiled!!

Last edited:
Halfpast just curious about something, we have the same build except you use an RX 580 and I'm using an RX 570. Are you able to get Airplay to work?

Halfpast just curious about something, we have the same build except you use an RX 580 and I'm using an RX 570. Are you able to get Airplay to work?
Check IOReg and see if you have device ARPT. Mine is on RP01

Check IOReg and see if you have device ARPT. Mine is on RP01
ARPT is for WIFI that is installed at PCIEX1 slot 1 per Shiloh who created the ARPT ssdt for this motherboard. Mine is disabled because I didn't purchase a wifi because you don't need Wifi for Airplay like people are led to believe. My previous build didn't have any Wifi whatsoever and I had no Airplay issues in Catalina.

I think the issue is, people are sharing Shiloh's SSDTs and we don't have the extra hardware that he had.

BTW there is no ARPT at RP01 in IOReg. I disabled ARPT in the config.plist so it doesn't even load.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.09.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.09.18 AM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 58
The reason it could be important is because it’s possible that continuity features depends on its existence as a device. This could trickle down to AirPlay.

Check settings/general and see if you have an option for Hand Off.

Last edited:
no handoff below under Recent Items!!! I went ahead and ordered the same Bluetooth and Wireless card that Shiloh used to see if that will work. I don't know why "Allow Handoff" is not there. Do you?

I have it setup already on my iphone and ipad pro..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.45.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.45.42 PM.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 60
no handoff below under Recent Items!!! I went ahead and ordered the same Bluetooth and Wireless card that Shiloh used to see if that will work. I don't know why "Allow Handoff" is not there. Do you?

I have it setup already on my iphone and ipad pro..
I believe it’s not there because it needs device ARPT :)

From Shiloh's build:

SSDT-X1_1-ARPT.aml for the wifi card in PCI-E X1 slot 1.

Again I don't have any wifi so why would I use a SSDT to hardware I don't have? I tried it already, it showed WIFI in the menu bar but because I don't have any WIFI hardware it will not do anything.

In my previous Catalina build, I didn't have any wifi, no bluetooth, just wired Cat5e running to my Cable Modem/Router. No issues with Airplay with that build and it was an older Gigabyte Z97x with an i7-4770k build. You don't need WIFI to have Airplay, all you need is for a network card to be on the same network as Apple TV or Roku device in my case as Roku stream sticks support Airplay.

So, there is something so simple that is missing, not he ARPT SSDT. I will figure it out because others are having the very same issue, and many regular Mac Book users are having this issue with Big Sur for some reason reading all the links I've read. LOL

From Shiloh's build:

SSDT-X1_1-ARPT.aml for the wifi card in PCI-E X1 slot 1.

Again I don't have any wifi so why would I use a SSDT to hardware I don't have? I tried it already, it showed WIFI in the menu bar but because I don't have any WIFI hardware it will not do anything.

In my previous Catalina build, I didn't have any wifi, no bluetooth, just wired Cat5e running to my Cable Modem/Router. No issues with Airplay with that build and it was an older Gigabyte Z97x with an i7-4770k build. You don't need WIFI to have Airplay, all you need is for a network card to be on the same network as Apple TV or Roku device in my case as Roku stream sticks support Airplay.

So, there is something so simple that is missing, not he ARPT SSDT. I will figure it out because others are having the very same issue, and many regular Mac Book users are having this issue with Big Sur for some reason reading all the links I've read. LOL
I know what you're saying.

Like you I don't understand why Airplay isn't working.

However, as far as Handoff it needs bluetooth/wifi and the associated device ARPT to exist. So you won't have that until your hardware comes in and you use either the SSDT or the kext AirportBRCMFixup. Personally, I prefer the kext.

My initial thinking was that you should sort out this Handoff thing first and see if anything changes on the Airplay front after that. I'll do some reading in my spare time for you and see if anything comes up.

I know what you're saying.

Like you I don't understand why Airplay isn't working.

However, as far as Handoff it needs bluetooth/wifi and the associated device ARPT to exist. So you won't have that until your hardware comes in and you use either the SSDT or the kext AirportBRCMFixup. Personally, I prefer the kext.

My initial thinking was that you should sort out this Handoff thing first and see if anything changes on the Airplay front after that. I'll do some reading in my spare time for you and see if anything comes up.
Well, after I disabled the ARPT, the WIFI disappeared from the menu bar up top and now Screen Mirroring is showing like it suppose to.

To be honest I have a hunch its something with Opencore because I never had any issues with Clover Boot loader. So, let me try some things because I am still booting in debug mode currently to make sure everything I do is all good to go and so far it has been. I am thinking of updating Big Sur to this huge package they released. I just completed remapping all my USB so I have to read into that to make sure I am set to go with the update. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back