Contribute
Register

[Success] OpenCore 0.6.8 on my Mac Pro build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated Catalina to 10.15.5 today with your EFI without single change. But how to make imessage/facetime work dude ?

I updated Catalina to 10.15.5 today with your EFI without single change. But how to make imessage/facetime work dude ?
Use search tool and look for “Idiots guide to iMessage”.

Use search tool and look for “Idiots guide to iMessage”.
I already have en0 and i have put ROM as well, have MSR unlocked yet no iMessage

I already have en0 and i have put ROM as well, have MSR unlocked yet no iMessage
There are more things to follow on that thread, sign out and back in to Apple ID, AppStore etc...

Ugh I wonder if cfg_lock being off and custom logo (under max pixel limits) can cause a VRM to blow.
Heard a load pop computer off at first thought it was MOV that blew

When testing with power supply, over current or something turns off supply wont let it stay on for more than a second
Power supply dead too

Motherboard on way to Gigabyte in California
Power supply on way to EVGA in California

Last edited:
I switched to OpenCore because
I am known to use beta on my main system ( Windows 98/ME/2000/XP beta tester when you had to be chosen)
The startup feels like apple startup Apple hot keys work
Startup Disk works
NVRAM works
Guides for most major desktop chip sets including AMD CPU's,

Better support for FileVault
Faster boot
Boot chime works could even have VoiceAssist
If you have Windows you can even build USB installer in Windows

Everything works that I use:
Startup Disk in macOS or Windows 10 - boot picker hidden
Recovery Partition
Time Machine
iServices
AirDrop

What does not work Boot Camp Assistant in macOS

Only con you have to do more work. but oh so nice when done

Now if I could figure out how to hide UEFI menu on Motherboard splash screen I would be all set

If you wanted to get rid of bios screen you should be able to enable ultra fast boot and skip it entirely. Of course getting in to the bios could be a problem. You can hold down shift in Windows when you click restart to get the advanced menu to access the UEFI.

I like the logo I put in UEFI BIOS

Bought a backup motherboard
Power supply dead too, they doing cross ship this time

So a couple of easy questions.... I used @foster 's EFI since I have a similar build.
1. The boot after it gets to the apple/bar is very long. Is there a way to get verbose listing...not sure why this is taking so long.
2. I have the RX5000xt video card, other than the boot variable...anyone think there are other changes I should be doing?

thanks.

So a couple of easy questions.... I used @foster 's EFI since I have a similar build.
1. The boot after it gets to the apple/bar is very long. Is there a way to get verbose listing...not sure why this is taking so long.
2. I have the RX5000xt video card, other than the boot variable...anyone think there are other changes I should be doing?

thanks.
Add -v in your config.plist for directions see opencore website or search yourself in your config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back