Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success. Got iOS loaded. But then things get funky in post installation. Had to go into Bios and change Gpu to onboard intel instead of PCIE.

First, there are all sorts of digital artifacts in the tabs of the browser. Crazy graphics stuff. I tried loading your 580 driver but had a bit of a dance with the system. plugged the HDMi into the 580 and things went whacky. n reboot, got a black screen. Then went back and forth between onboard and external GPU. Got the circle slash symbol, booted in safe mode and made some changes of which I have no recall. But I'm back in the software again.

I'm going to look over what you've accomplished here and do a step by step stabilization.

You said that after install, the HDMI could be fixed. Working on that.

And then dive into Bluetooth/Wifi. But more for the hand off and all other Apple extras. Also need to get the wifi module

Then TB3

Thanks for your help thus far.
Lilu and WhateverGreen may be necessary in order to support UHD 630 and AMD RX 580 properly. You can copy those kexts into CLOVER/kexts/Other and reboot. Also feel free to compress and upload your EFI folder.

Lilu and WhateverGreen may be necessary in order to support UHD 630 and AMD RX 580 properly. You can copy those kexts into CLOVER/kexts/Other and reboot. Also feel free to compress and upload your EFI folder.
for the RX580...
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<false/>
should this be true?

Attached the EFI for current set up in High Sierra

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 99
for the RX580...
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<false/>
should this be true?

Attached the EFI for current set up in High Sierra

And by the way, in the Clover Config, in BOOT... Do I still need to activate "kext-dev-mode=1" and "rootless=0"?

"Status: Reboot / Shutdown / NVRAM
  • Thanks to this post by @kkho555 both Shutdown and Reboot are finally working. The key is to enable the slide=0 field in Clover Configurator boot options and install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi. Installing this driver by itself without slide=0 leads to catastrophe! Use the Clover installer (not Clover Configurator) to install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, and click the option to Install RC Scripts to Target Volume.
  • Update 12-11-2018: In some cases AptioMemoryFix-64.efi will fail on boot. In this case, switch to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.
Sorry to Bug :), one more thing related to above. you say to use the "Clover installer (Not Clover Configurator)". Am I being too literal? in my search, there is no "installer" per se. please clarify.

And thanks for all your help in advance!

Well, whatever happened to the GPU has toasted me. Black screen energy save mode.
Finally got into bios and freezing up. Sorry about previous horrible pic. This is better.

Attachments

• 9D038DDD-02D7-4369-B8FF-A55B921B63CD.jpeg
    9D038DDD-02D7-4369-B8FF-A55B921B63CD.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Well, whatever happened to the GPU has toasted me. Black screen energy save mode.
Finally got into bios and freezing up. Sorry about previous horrible pic. This is better.

Answered my own question here. in the clover boot manager, intel was being injected. So I turned that off, and I booted right up. it seems that injecting on top of existing intel driver cancels both out.

Now on to fine tuning.

CaseySJ, if you still have a moment to look at current EFI, here it is. I'm going to go back and read your journey one more time and maybe all of my questions will be addressed.

Thanks much.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 106
I have completed all installations.
However, I am using iGPU. I get black on the screen after the installation is over. I do not know how to fix it. Perhaps there is no signal output from the HDMI port. I want to install screen sharing software, but the screen is black and can not be installed. Please give me something to solve.......

@CaseySJ Thank you for this thread. Thanks to you I've managed to build my second hack with latest Mojave from Appstore
- Z390M Gigabyte Gaming
- i7 9700k
- built in Ethernet 1Gbps
- 32GB DDR4 @3000Mhz TridentZ (2x16GB)
- NvME 512GB XPG
- Fenvi T919 WiFi+BT
- AMD Radeon Gigabyte RX570 8GB Gaming
- built in Audio

Everything Works - GFX, Audio, Ethernet, BT, iMessage, iCloud, Facetime, Continuity, sleep, wake

Last edited:
A little assistance? Decided to go to Mojave. After attempting the upgrade to 10.13.6, I couldn't get back into the install without safe mode. And because I work off Apollo hardware, I don't have to deal with protools buffer size limitations in Mojave. So I jumped in.
I'm having a problem getting through the final stage of install. Any help would be appreciated.
i've included screenshot, config.plist and EFI.
Let me know if you see anything crazy in there.
Best,

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2831.JPG
    IMG_2831.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 81
A little assistance? Decided to go to Mojave. After attempting the upgrade to 10.13.6, I couldn't get back into the install without safe mode. And because I work off Apollo hardware, I don't have to deal with protools buffer size limitations in Mojave. So I jumped in.
I'm having a problem getting through the final stage of install. Any help would be appreciated.
i've included screenshot, config.plist and EFI.
Let me know if you see anything crazy in there.
Best,
I may have gotten unsubscribed from this thread, so did not receive any notifications of new posts. Anyway, just stumbled upon the thread this morning...

Because you decided to install Mojave (good choice), have you seen the step-by-step illustrated build guide here?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Everything you need is there, with extensive screenshots of every step from UniBeast to final Post-Installation. All screenshots are in "spoilers".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back