Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is a modified full EFI folder with the new FakeSMC. Serial Number and Board Serial Number must again be restored in SMBIOS.

I am beginning to think the problem might lie in BIOS settings. Can you post screenshots of first page of:
  • M.I.T.
  • BIOS
  • Peripherals
  • Peripherals --> Thunderbolt Configuration
  • Peripherals --> USB Configuration
  • Chipset
  • Power

BIOS screenshots attached. Let me know if you see anything weird. I re-did the BIOS settings again just to make sure.

Attachments

• IMG_5886.jpg
    IMG_5886.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5888.jpg
    IMG_5888.jpg
    823 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5889.jpg
    IMG_5889.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_5890.jpg
    IMG_5890.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5891.jpg
    IMG_5891.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5892.jpg
    IMG_5892.jpg
    836.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5893.jpg
    IMG_5893.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 121
BIOS screenshots attached. Let me know if you see anything weird. I re-did the BIOS settings again just to make sure.
The only strange thing I see, but cannot verify because I’m not at my computer, is that there’s no “Initial Display Device” (or similar), which is usually set to PCIe Slot 1.

The only strange thing I see, but cannot verify because I’m not at my computer, is that there’s no “Initial Display Device” (or similar), which is usually set to PCIe Slot 1.

I have my RX580 card in PCIe slot 2. I'm not sure if that matters. My air cooler is gigantic and doesn't allow enough room to mount the card in PCIe slot 1.

I have my RX580 card in PCIe slot 2. I'm not sure if that matters. My air cooler is gigantic and doesn't allow enough room to mount the card in PCIe slot 1.
There should still be an option under Chipset for Initial Display Device. One can set that to IGPU, PCIe Slot 1, PCIe Slot 2, etc.
  • Have you connected 12V ATX power to the 4-pin and 8-pin connectors circled in red (attached pic).
  • Because your RX580 is in Slot 2, please:
    • Delete SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580.aml from CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
    • Replace it with the attached SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-PCIE2.aml by @ripe_md
I'm still curious why your BIOS isn't showing "Initial Display Device".

Appreciate if someone with this motherboard can post a photo of the Chipset page.

Attachments

• Designare_Schematic_Layout.png
    Designare_Schematic_Layout.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 112
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-PCIE2.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 101
What
What bios version are you using? Like CaseySJ my bios has the Initial Display Device option under Chipset.

What

What bios version are you using? Like CaseySJ my bios has the Initial Display Device option under Chipset.

Strange. I'm using version F4. Maybe I should reflash my bios. If I remember correctly, I obtained the BIOS update file directly from Gigabyte's website.

Strange. I'm using version F4. Maybe I should reflash my bios. If I remember correctly, I obtained the BIOS update file directly from Gigabyte's website.
It may be a good idea to reflash F4 using the ‘full’ option (the one on the right side of the Q-Flash screen). BIOS settings would have to be reapplied afterwards.

There should still be an option under Chipset for Initial Display Device. One can set that to IGPU, PCIe Slot 1, PCIe Slot 2, etc.
  • Have you connected 12V ATX power to the 4-pin and 8-pin connectors circled in red (attached pic).

Appreciate if someone with this motherboard can post a photo of the Chipset page.

Also, 8pin and or 6pin connector to the RX 580 without those it won’t show up in bios.

Do I need to use the ATX_12V_2X2 connector? I've been only using the ATX_12V_2X4 connector which is connected from CPU1 on my PSU.

Also, 8pin and or 6pin connector to the RX 580 without those it won’t show up in bios.

I have the 8 pin cable going from VGA1 to the RX 580.

Attachments

• 71VCTA4JbFL._SL1200_.jpg
    71VCTA4JbFL._SL1200_.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 76
Do I need to use the ATX_12V_2X2 connector? I've been only using the ATX_12V_2X4 connector which is connected from CPU1 on my PSU.

I have the 8 pin cable going from VGA1 to the RX 580.
The Designare Z390 manual does not state that the 2x2 or 2x4 connectors are either optional or recommended. The manual simply says to connect them (pic 1).

However, the PEG (PCIe External Graphics) auxiliary power connector is optional with 0 or 1 PCIe graphics card, but recommended with 2 or more (pic 2). The language here is loose, but not for the ATX_12V connectors that supply stable power to the CPU.

Attachments

• ATX_12V.png
    ATX_12V.png
    137 KB · Views: 130
  • PEG_Power.png
    PEG_Power.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back