Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is the UIAC file from the ACPI/patched folder.

I disconnected the USB connector at the H150i pump as that was easy to do. Hopefully that has the same effect.
The system goes to sleep now without immediately waking. However bluetooth is not functional after wake.

Note: The two USB 2.0 ports, HS11, HS12, located next to PCIEX4 slot (where I have the Bluetooth and H150i connected by adding the pins from the H150i cable to the the female header connector from the Bluetooth Fenvi board)
Okay, so you have V5 of the USB SSDT. The latest is V7 (attached) which has an important sleep-related fix for HS11 and HS12. So please switch to attached V7 and try again. (You may reconnect all devices into F_USB.)

Also disable Wake for Network Access from System Preferences --> Energy Saver.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
    846 bytes · Views: 137
Okay, so you have V5 of the USB SSDT. The latest is V7 (attached) which has an important sleep-related fix for HS11 and HS12. So please switch to attached V7 and try again. (You may reconnect all devices into F_USB.)

Also disable Wake for Network Access from System Preferences --> Energy Saver.
I'm quite happy to say that V7 worked completely - Bluetooth is happy, and I even tried it with the Firewire drive connected :)

Sorry I missed that V7 detail... it must have slipped in after I grabbed everything.
I very much appreciate you quick responses and efforts!

Update 7/21/2019
After enjoying success for a couple of weeks I decided to try the other two firewire cards (Startech and Vantec) which I had already had, in all the PCIE slots to see if I would have the same success as with the SYBA card.
Startech and Vantec as well as the SYBA work in all the slots (1X 4X 8X) and all have very similar performance. I decided to keep with the Vantec card as it has a 4 pin Molex connector (as does the Startech) for external power while the SYBA card has a 14 pin header for external Firewire power.
A power harness cable that came with my power supply made using the 4 pin Molex connector on both the Startech and Vantec cards simple.

Last edited:
I'm quite happy to say that V7 worked completely - Bluetooth is happy, and I even tried it with the Firewire drive connected :)

Sorry I missed that V7 detail... it must have slipped in after I grabbed everything.
I very much appreciate you quick responses and efforts!
Awesome! It’s always the little things — the devil in the details.

[removed]

Last edited:
@CaseySJ you did an amazing job! How can I thank you/donate? I am just wondering why my Vega is idle? When it comes to rendering fan stays silent and it renders really slow. The fan is hearable only on boot, after the system is loaded up fan goes really silent.

EDIT: Tried to benchmark the GPU but Cinebench do not list OpenGL mode :(

EDIT2: Temperature sensor on GPU is showing constant 127°C

EDIT3: The Wi-Fi is slower than on my previous iMac, bought bcm94360cs2 with adaptor and it's slow
Hello @szw75, we are volunteers who enjoy participating in the community. There is no money involved. However, you are welcome to contribute to the site's operating expenses by clicking the Contribute button at the very top left of the web page.

Please see here for another report of the very same problem:

• Have you tried using iStat Menus instead of HWMonitor?
  • Are you using SMBIOS iMac19,1?
  • Are you using headless platform ID 0x3E980003?
Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers redacted.

Hi,
First of all great guide and it helped me build my new hackintosh, which uses a beautiful Ultrafine 5K display. But, I have hit a glitch. While Ultrafine starts immediately, it turns just black screen after the purple line glitch. Then I restart and boot in safe mode, it boots up just fine and then when I restart it starts to work. But after shuttingdown the same issue again. Can someone guide as to how to fix ?

I have installed 10.4.6 with Radeon Vega VII. Interestingly it detects Vega as “ATI Radeon 16 GB” not as Radeon Vega VII as it used to. When I boot in safe mode it shows the right graphics card name. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
First of all great guide and it helped me build my new hackintosh, which uses a beautiful Ultrafine 5K display. But, I have hit a glitch. While Ultrafine starts immediately, it turns just black screen after the purple line glitch. Then I restart and boot in safe mode, it boots up just fine and then when I restart it starts to work. But after shuttingdown the same issue again. Can someone guide as to how to fix ?
Please see here for a discussion of the LG UltraFine 5K monitor. There are several posts on this, so please start with the link below and continue reading through a few more pages.

Please see here for a discussion of the LG UltraFine 5K monitor. There are several posts on this, so please start with the link below and continue reading through a few more pages.
Thanks @CaseySJ, looks like the best option is to have two monitors connected ( one with Vega and other yo TB ultrafine ). However I have a quick other question, why is my Vega VII not recongnized as VEGA VII. Am I missing something ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 8.32.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 8.32.57 AM.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 8.33.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 8.33.28 AM.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 8.33.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 8.33.46 AM.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 125
Awesome! It’s always the little things — the devil in the details.

Hi CaseySJ I noticed on your [Success] thread you had created a Firewire bullet.
I thought I'd update my experience with those specific PCIE Firewire cards.
Firewire Cards
For Firewire support, the following cards have been tested by users of this system:
SYBA Low Profile PCI-Express 1394B/A Firewire Card Model SD-PEX30009
Startech Firewire
Vantec 2+1 FireWire PCIe card - Works only in the PCIEX8 slot
Works in all slots

Update 7/21/2019
After enjoying success for a couple of weeks I decided to try the other two firewire cards (Startech and Vantec) which I had already had, in all the PCIE slots to see if I would have the same success as with the SYBA card.
Startech and Vantec as well as the SYBA work in all the slots (1X 4X 8X) and all have very similar performance. I decided to keep with the Vantec card as it has a 4 pin Molex connector (as does the Startech) for external power while the SYBA card has a 14 pin header for external Firewire power.
A power harness cable that came with my power supply made using the 4 pin Molex connector on both the Startech and Vantec cards simple.

I believe the solution for all of the cards to work in all slots listed above to work in all slots was to uncheck "Fix Firewire" in the clover config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back