Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Yeah, I followed this to the T but still ran into this issue as described above. couple questions... I notice that you had a 10.14.2 OS to install. Everything from the mac app store is combo updates from the 10.14 on. where did you get the complete download. Also, noticed on another post you had commented on the XFX 580 GPU cards having some issue with the board, so I've removed it for now just so I can get the install completed. USB-C to DP will work fine for the time being.
Then in Clover Config, in Kexts and Patches, you had the PM Heart drivers for 10.14.1+. I put them in for 10.14.+ I don't know if that will make any difference.
All that being said, I'll start from the top of with your build and try again. If you have a chance to take a look at the EFI and config.plist and you see anything funky, please let me know.
Best,

Hey. Yeah, I followed this to the T but still ran into this issue as described above. couple questions... I notice that you had a 10.14.2 OS to install. Everything from the mac app store is combo updates from the 10.14 on. where did you get the complete download. Also, noticed on another post you had commented on the XFX 580 GPU cards having some issue with the board, so I've removed it for now just so I can get the install completed. USB-C to DP will work fine for the time being.
Then in Clover Config, in Kexts and Patches, you had the PM Heart drivers for 10.14.1+. I put them in for 10.14.+ I don't know if that will make any difference.
All that being said, I'll start from the top of with your build and try again. If you have a chance to take a look at the EFI and config.plist and you see anything funky, please let me know.
Best,
You are right -- the build guide is actually designed for 10.14.2 and higher. So you can also start with 10.14.3. You should be able to download the entire installation file from the App Store on a real Mac. If you already have the old "Install macOS 10.14" file in your Applications folder, you will have to MOVE that somewhere else before you go to the App Store. You can move it to your Downloads folder or Documents folder.

Because the build guide uses Macmini8,1 SMBIOS, the system will CRASH if you install 10.14.0 because Macmini8,1 was first supported by Apple in 10.14.1.

hung up. Screenshot below along with EFI zip. Is there a redundancy?
Maybe a graphics conflict.

RX 580 removed.
I'm running a monitor from USB-C to DP.

Attachments

• IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 64
  • EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Just messaging to say that my Z390 Designare / i7 9700k / RX 580 rig is functional and running VERY smoothly. I followed this entire thread since it first started and it led me to the promise land, folks.

All USB Ports, Wifi, Bluetooth/Airdrop/Handoff, Graphics Acceleration, Reboot/Sleep, etc. running as they should. I haven't tested Thunderbolt yet, but will likely get around to that later this year – no doubts that I'll be able to get it working though.

Thanks for all the guidance and insight @CaseySJ. You're the man. :thumbup:

hung up. Screenshot below along with EFI zip. Is there a redundancy?
Maybe a graphics conflict.

RX 580 removed.
I'm running a monitor from USB-C to DP.
Somehow I didn't receive a notification for this post, hence apologies for the very late reply...

Your EFI folder looks good. The only thing I can think of is to disable PluginType during the first stage of installation. I've made the change in the attached file. Please copy it to the EFI partition of your USB install disk and try again...

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 102
Just messaging to say that my Z390 Designare / i7 9700k / RX 580 rig is functional and running VERY smoothly. I followed this entire thread since it first started and it led me to the promise land, folks.

All USB Ports, Wifi, Bluetooth/Airdrop/Handoff, Graphics Acceleration, Reboot/Sleep, etc. running as they should. I haven't tested Thunderbolt yet, but will likely get around to that later this year – no doubts that I'll be able to get it working though.

Thanks for all the guidance and insight @CaseySJ. You're the man. :thumbup:
Thank you for the kind words and glad to hear the system is functioning well! Thunderbolt is easy to configure -- just need to copy 2 SSDTs into CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. The files are in the build guide for this system.

Somehow I didn't receive a notification for this post, hence apologies for the very late reply...

Your EFI folder looks good. The only thing I can think of is to disable PluginType during the first stage of installation. I've made the change in the attached file. Please copy it to the EFI partition of your USB install disk and try again...

Quick question: You say "the PCIe adapter with piggybacked BCM94360CS2 module should be connected to the motherboard USB 2.0 header next to the FAN_PUMP header". But currently, my cpu cooler is attached to that header. But I notice that there are only 4 wires to the PCIe card connector and the CPU connector respectively. however, the wiring scheme is different on each. Not sure where to sub power. Particularly since the wiring is so different.

Edit: Top and bottom are 5V. Potentially I could combine wiring pins and add PCIe card wires to CPU Cooler odd # top row. Thoughts?

Attachments

• PCIe connector.jpg
    PCIe connector.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • CPU cooler.jpg
    CPU cooler.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Quick question: You say "the PCIe adapter with piggybacked BCM94360CS2 module should be connected to the motherboard USB 2.0 header next to the FAN_PUMP header". But currently, my cpu cooler is attached to that header. But I notice that there are only 4 wires to the PCIe card connector and the CPU connector respectively. however, the wiring scheme is different on each. Not sure where to sub power. Particularly since the wiring is so different.
Each USB2 header supports 2 USB 2.0 ports so it may be possible to use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q8685Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Your CPU cooler and the PCIe adapter can plug into the 2 ports on the splitter. And the splitter uses one 9-pin connection to the USB header on motherboard.

Each USB2 header supports 2 USB 2.0 ports so it may be possible to use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q8685Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Your CPU cooler and the PCIe adapter can plug into the 2 ports on the splitter. And the splitter uses one 9-pin connection to the USB header on motherboard.

Thank you for this.

This whole thing has become a bit farcical as now I can't boot into anything at all. I think I'm just going to have to start over. I must have missed something. Prior to where i am now, I had "contact apple for panic" or something close to that.

Thank you for this.

This whole thing has become a bit farcical as now I can't boot into anything at all. I think I'm just going to have to start over. I must have missed something. Prior to where i am now, I had "contact apple for panic" or something close to that.
If that happened during shutdown or reboot, it's quite normal and can be fixed later on.

But if that happened while you were running Mojave (not rebooting or shutting down) then it may be of some concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back