Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I'm using a Sapphire RX 580 in PCIe slot #2. See posting #254 for my SSDT.
  • My motherboard is on F4
  • Bios settings: Peripherals - Initial Display Output - PCIe Slot 2
  • I've connected my power supply (beQuiet! Straight Power 11) with ATX and ATX_12V_2X4 (see posting #260). ATX_12V_2X2 is not connected.

• I'm using a Sapphire RX 580 in PCIe slot #2. See posting #254 for my SSDT.
  • My motherboard is on F4
  • Bios settings: Peripherals - Initial Display Output - PCIe Slot 2
  • I've connected my power supply (beQuiet! Straight Power 11) with ATX and ATX_12V_2X4 (see posting #260). ATX_12V_2X2 is not connected.

Sounds like we have the same power configuration. My interpretation of the manual was that the 12V_2x2 isn't required. My PSU doesn't even have a standalone 2x2 port or cable.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-27 08.59.57.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-27 08.59.57.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 84
Re-flashed BIOS using F4 for now. Better safe than sorry.
Set Peripherals > Initial Display Output > PCIe Slot 2
Added @ripe_md 's RX580 SSDT to EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched

Now when I enable IGPU, my boot hangs at "Start OpenVolume". Screenshot attached. Boots perfectly fine with IGPU off, as usual.

Hmm.

Attachments

• IMG_5913.jpg
    IMG_5913.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 97
Re-flashed BIOS using F4 for now. Better safe than sorry.
Set Peripherals > Initial Display Output > PCIe Slot 2
Added @ripe_md 's RX580 SSDT to EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched

Now when I enable IGPU, my boot hangs at "Start OpenVolume". Screenshot attached. Boots perfectly fine with IGPU off, as usual.

Hmm.
A handful of questions:

If you remove the RX580 (disconnect 8-pin power cable) and enable iGPU do you still encounter this problem?

How many TB3 devices are connected?

Are both M.2 slots populated?

Which SATA ports are in use? (SATA0..SATA5)

A handful of questions:

If you remove the RX580 (disconnect 8-pin power cable) and enable iGPU do you still encounter this problem?

Which SATA ports are in use? (SATA0..SATA5)

- I will have to try this in a bit. Should I connect my HDMI to the IGPU HDMI slot?

- 1, the Apollo X8P

- Yes
Slot 1: Samsung EVO 970 NVME
Slot 2: Samsung EVO 860

Which SATA ports are in use?
- Ports 3 and 4 for two WD Caviar Black HDDs.

- I will have to try this in a bit. Should I connect my HDMI to the IGPU HDMI slot?

- 1, the Apollo X8P

- Yes
Slot 1: Samsung EVO 970 NVME
Slot 2: Samsung EVO 860

Which SATA ports are in use?
- Ports 3 and 4 for two WD Caviar Black HDDs.
Yes, please connect video cable to HDMI on back panel IO of motherboard.

Initial Display Output can remain as it is (PCIe Slot 2). IGPU should be set to “enabled”

I think your WD Caviars are connected to SATA2 and SATA3, which are the 3rd and 4th ports (the two ports in the middle of the 6-port array)?

Last edited:
Yes, please connect video cable to HDMI on back panel IO of motherboard.

I think your WD Caviars are connected to SATA2 and SATA3, which are the 3rd and 4th ports (the two ports in the middle of the 6-port array)?

Yep, that's correct – the two middle ports!

Quick note:

If the system boots you will most likely encounter a black screen during the final seconds of boot sequence. This is because the UHD630 won’t drive the HDMI port. But for now we want to see if the system boots, even to a black screen.

We can manually reboot the system and change IntelGFx from 0x3E9B8086 to 0x3E988086 in Clover Configurator to force UHD 630 to display (non-accelerated) video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back