Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Howdy all, my 2 cents. I read that for most people the upgrade went well so I thought, why not? I am running HS after some research and work but it was not seamless due to my HD being an SSD.

I created a install USB. That went well. Ran through the installation process. When the computer tried starting up, it kept going to Windows (an attached HD). I tried to select my Mac SSD but it wouldn't be seen by Clover.

As I mentioned, my computer has an SSD so HS updated it to the new filesystem and Clover didn't recognize it. I thought I broke something. I started reading the posts on this thread. The information is there.

Luckily I have another computer and was able to put apfs.efi from /usr/standalone/i386 to /efi/clover/drivers64 on the SSD and my boot USB. (read previous posts to know more about this). This allowed Clover to see the SSD. Problem 1 fixed.

I don't know about anyone else, but, while running Clover 4200, start up is a little different. I have been needing to make sure my SSD is the startup device (not Windows which I also have connected) then, I have 3 options as bootable. Something called Pre-Boot (?) which when selected doesn't seem to start things up, OS Install which also doesn't seem to start the computer or Boot Mac OS X which does, eventually start things up. It takes 3-4 minutes of the startup bar not doing anything then, everything starting up.

I still need to play around with my settings but at least things are up and running.

I am sure the process will be smoother once HS is finally released.

Thanks to vulgo, DrTom and others for pointing me in the right direction.

Just waiting for a SoundFix (Maybe there is one and I just need to check)

Ended up having troubles with my Config. Sometimes the computer would start up, mostly it didn't. Rebuilt the config and it starts up though it takes 4+ minutes.

Something about HID: Legacy shim 2

Can't find any solutions but will keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back