Contribute
Register

Success on Dell Precision T3500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i5-650
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. Centris
  5. iMac
  6. LC
  7. Performa
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been tinkering around with Clover for the past few months and decided to do the conversion from Chameleon to Clover. I had the Dell Precision T3500 running pretty smoothly already under Chameleon once I got all the bugs sorted out; no audio,no network, App Store, iCloud etc. I was able to resolve those by adding a USB sound card, a NelNet PCIe ethernet card which had the correct chipset, and correcting the others by following the iMessage fix guide. But after reading through the success others have had with Clover and my other experiences with using Clover to get my EliteBook 8460p I figured I'd give Clover a try on my non-EFI machines.

I was able to get the most essential drivers and a basic config.plist from the Clover install guide and followed the steps to properly create a bootable USB. Once in Clover I used this wiki http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS to add the correct parameters under the SMBIOS to match my settings I had in Chameleon. The only things I changed were the ProductName, Family, and ChassisType. If I did not it would be registered as an iMac 11,1 based on the basic config.plist. I then changed the boot flag to -v for verbose mode so I could make sure everything loaded properly. Everything loaded properly and I was presented with my usual log-in screen. I logged in and I immediately got the RAM configuration app for the 5,1 MacPro to let me know that the RAM was in the wrong slots. This told me everything I had configured in SMBIOS must be working. I then switched the cable from the PCIe ethernet card and plugged it into the onboard. Safari loaded a page which was success number 1 as it had not worked before. I then tried the AppStore, and iCloud and all logged in and authenticated. iMessage was not working previously so I tried that next and I was able to log in and use it as I do on my real Mac.

I followed the Clover guide to get Clover installed with the right options. Once this was done I moved my network kexts and the other necessary files to the EFI partition. Now that this was done the next step was to then get the loaded SMBIOS and config.plist. I used Clover configurator to grab all the loaded settings by using the "Generate Config" option and then went through and checked the configs so it was correct. I didn't have to touch anything and I was then able to export it and drop it into the EFI partition.

Moment of truth, I double checked everything and removed the Extra folder from the HDD, copied to the Documents folder for safe keeping and then trashed the original from the HDD. I rebooted to Clover set the flag to boot into verbose mode and made a check of the SMBIOS settings and everything was set properly. I then started up into OS X in verbose mode and it did not hang or kernel panic. I was then presented with my log in screen. Checked both network connections and everything still logged in and authenticated like before. 100% SUCCESS!!

To those who put the work in developing and testing it is much appreciated. This gives me newer "MacPro" I can use in order to save up for the new one :)

Pics attached are of the About This Mac and System Report.

Attachments

• About This Mac.png
    About This Mac.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,109
  • System Report.png
    System Report.png
    71 KB · Views: 3,096
hello can you give me right config.plist ? or boot flash, or dump of the system ? *********@gmail.com

T3500
x5550
3gb ddr3
hd4800 ati or NV 9600gt

have black screen =(

Last edited by a moderator:
hello can you give me right config.plist ? or boot flash, or dump of the system ? *********@gmail.com

T3500
x5550
3gb ddr3
hd4800 ati or NV 9600gt

have black screen =(

Please read the Rules :

Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

hi
i have Dell T3500 too,and installed Yosemite 10.10.4. but the sound card Ad1984a still doesn't work,i put the DELL 760 Method DTGP Code into DSDT.aml,but it doesn't work,can you tell me a good idea?

i'm not good for English

Thx
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I just acquired one of these. Has anyone else had any success getting yosemite up and running? Help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I have just installed the 10.10.5 update and I have had no issues with it so far other than the normal Messages quirks which I've had since day one. Which are it shows that certain " * number is not registered with iMessage" which goes away after those numbers/contacts start messaging me. My next attempt will be to start a test box on the "spare" HDD with the public beta of El Capitan OS 10.11. I'm hoping it runs as smooth as 10.10.5 has so far. If it does I will post any quirks and issues that come up.

For those that are interested I used the basic guide from this site to get Clover up and running on most machines without using the UEFI BIOS. Mileage may vary depending upon skill level and expertise in Hackintoshing.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I have never seen a t3500 in person so I was wondering if this model accept a normal, full size video card like a 970 or 660ti?
Also am I viewing your pic correctly that it states 4 cores?

Anyone got their t3500 to 10.11?

Does the t3500 use legacy or uefi boot?

I'm attempting to install 10.11 now, but from what I can tell, you can only do legacy for it. For anyone who wants to install 10.10, this is the best guide made specifically for the T3500 http://t3500.mcdonnelltech.com/ also has the best kexts or whatever for the NIC and sound cards. (I never really used the builtin sound card for it because I basically switch from either a USB sound card or the JBL Pebbles which worked really well.)

Same applies to a T5400 except you can only do it with 1 CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back