Contribute
Register

Success on Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i5-650
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. Centris
  5. iMac
  6. LC
  7. Performa
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just thought I'd share that I was able to install 10.11.3 on a Dell Optiplex SFF. I used the most recent version of UniBeast for El Capitan and then used the most recent version of MultiBeast after the install was finished. The only extra item I have to do is set USB injection and USB ownership before booting. I haven't messed with Clover Configurator as of yet, there are always issues when working with it.
I was able to get to the installer by using the boot flags dart=1 nada_drv=1 nv_disable=1 -v.

I just thought I'd share that I was able to install 10.11.3 on a Dell Optiplex SFF. I used the most recent version of UniBeast for El Capitan and then used the most recent version of MultiBeast after the install was finished. The only extra item I have to do is set USB injection and USB ownership before booting. I haven't messed with Clover Configurator as of yet, there are always issues when working with it.
I was able to get to the installer by using the boot flags dart=1 nada_drv=1 nv_disable=1 -v.
Did you have any problems with sound and choppy graphics? This is my first try with mackintosh and I can't get sound working and the graphics seem really glitchy.

Did you have any problems with sound and choppy graphics? This is my first try with mackintosh and I can't get sound working and the graphics seem really glitchy.

It's being used to run Server so I am not sure sure about the audio as I'm not worried about the audio. As far as graphics go I haven't seen any issues with it.

I hooked up a GTX 670 to it after transplanting it into a bigger case with a bigger PSU and it works like a dream now.

If only I could get around the cramped SATA and USB 3.0 ports.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back