GA-EP45-DS4P (rev. 1.0)

the boot flags for the installer are

Boot Flags used Darkwake=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

Opened terminal, navigated to /Volumes/<usb drive name>/Extra
Code:
sudo nano chameleon.boot.plist
changed GraphicsEnabler=yes
saved and exit

Thanks for the tip! Once I edited this, the installer showed up. Didn't need to change the PCIRootUID, though.

This gets TonyMac a beer, some pizza, and a donation.

Agreed!

I'm using a similar board, the GA-EP45-UD3R. Got everything working exept of sleep. Anyone knows a solution?

Hi, I'm just finished Mavericks on EP45-UD3R, And am used 2 days night. I would like to say thank you for all this thread guys! :headbang: I installed Mavericks after MV, Change Extra folder from MV. This is my 13th Hackintosh.

Do you know Xeon X5400s put on GA-EP45 series, It's true... I'm a Mac Pro 3,1 user as usually. But Real Mac Pro 3,1 couldn't boot E0 stepping Xeons. So, I'm wondering to have a X5492 works on some MOBO with Mavericks. A small dream is come true...
My MOBO is UD3R can boot use thin little adapter with X5450 / X5460 / X5470 / X5472 / X5482 and also X5492. UD3L and P, LR are same I trust. You can buy a adapter from e-Bay.

I'm not sure who read this thread, I appreciate to useful post for me.

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

I said about Xeon LGA771 cpus on EP45-UD3R, I jump to wrong conclusion in Mavericks... had a big issue. Sorry for that.

I succeed Mavericks with Q9550 and EP45-UD3R, After changed XEON X5450 LGA771 then Reboot, Finder doesn't show up normally like this. I think same issue. Windows OS is no issue...

I put npci=0x3000 and reboot, Finder show up usually but that move strange a little bit, Pull down a menu bar to about this mac, Mavericks show me about this mac, But it doesn't disappear if clicked off.

I tried to fix busratio and edit a smbios advanced mode set for my cpu, same issue.

Only one effective kernel flag, cpus=1 gets boot normally but this mode is 1 core boot...:lol: Other Kernel flags are no effective, arch=x86_64 also. seem to be try at all...

I think need any kext, Any ideas?

I said about Xeon LGA771 cpus on EP45-UD3R, I jump to wrong conclusion in Mavericks... had a big issue. Sorry for that.

I succeed Mavericks with Q9550 and EP45-UD3R, After changed XEON X5450 LGA771 then Reboot, Finder doesn't show up normally like this. I think same issue. Windows OS is no issue...

I put npci=0x3000 and reboot, Finder show up usually but that move strange a little bit, Pull down a menu bar to about this mac, Mavericks show me about this mac, But it doesn't disappear if clicked off.

I tried to fix busratio and edit a smbios advanced mode set for my cpu, same issue.

Only one effective kernel flag, cpus=1 gets boot normally but this mode is 1 core boot...:lol: Other Kernel flags are no effective, arch=x86_64 also. seem to be try at all...

I think need any kext, Any ideas?

Thanks for the info. I was going to attempt the 771 to 775 mod in my GA-EP45-UD3P, but now I think I will leave it alone. I have a Q6600 in my hack right now, and probably will just use the Q9550 that I will be vacating from another board to put a Xeon in it.

Hi, Spdaimon. I'm running 3.7GHz over clocked Q9550 now. But is slower than Mac Pro 2008 / Dual X5460:lol:

I thought running 4.5GHz or maybe more with single X5492, It would much faster:?: I will test X5460 on Mavericks soon, It is 1600MHz FSB. If I have a luck, It will no issue to run faster...

hi, i know this is an old thread, but its worth a try.

I have the same board as the op, ep45-ud3p.

When i reach installer, i have to select a language. I select english(of course lol) and i click the next button (the arrow pointing right). the arrow just becomes grey, and i can no longer click it, but the installer does nothing else. it just sits at that select language screen and i cant click next anymore. it doesnt freeze or anything, the arrow just becomes disabled and i cant get past this screen in the installation process.

btw, both my keyboard and mouse are working on this screen, and they dont freeze or lock at all, its strange that i cant get past this part.

Anyone have a solution i can try?

Thanks.

Hi, Hey Broski. i'm a rookie on this site also. I'm not sure
this is helpful for you.
I think you should try few things listed bellow:

Let it go at gray screen for 10 min or maybe more. Maybe installer system doesn't stopped, But it seem to be stopped.

Use other slot of your mobo USBs. Some issues has been fixed by changed USB stick in position.
This case is very popular.

Try other USB sticks to boot. I had freeze at finishing install using old stick. I recommend flesh one.
Old USB sticks are very slow or useless...

Double check your bios setting, Set the AHCI disk mode / Enable USB Keyboard and USB mouse.
You can find the best bios setting at this thread.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back