Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Old Hack, New Tricks - Mojave on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should clarify. I was on a stable build with Mojave 10.14.6 and all i tried to do was wipe the drive and do install the same version of Mojave again with the same USB drive i used previously. All current versions of clover, unibeast, and multibeast are installed and its just giving me a hell of a time now.

I should clarify. I was on a stable build with Mojave 10.14.6 and all i tried to do was wipe the drive and do install the same version of Mojave again with the same USB drive i used previously. All current versions of clover, unibeast, and multibeast are installed and its just giving me a hell of a time now.

Can you swap the SSD in the USB enclosure into your case and try to install that way? I've never actually tried to do a Hackintosh install to a USB-attached device. Maybe that's part of the challenge?

So i dont know why this mattered with my boot time and my graphics displaying correctly, but i had to edit my clover file to include "injecte edid" and "inject intel" and now im up and running! I dont know why that took so many tries but ill just be grateful i made it.

So i dont know why this mattered with my boot time and my graphics displaying correctly, but i had to edit my clover file to include "injecte edid" and "inject intel" and now im up and running! I dont know why that took so many tries but ill just be grateful i made it.

Schweet! Congrats!

FIXED!!: I always like when a solution is posted, so I am letting everyone know it is solved and how. I must thank @RehabMan. He solved it indirectly. I began reading his FAQ on things to do before asking a question. I came to the part describing how to load kexts manually. I removed the existing kexts. I then copied them back in from the CLI as described. When I cleared the cache using 'kextcache -i /' I found two issues.
#1 - The kexts were also in /S/L/E. Not sure if MultiBeast did this in the beginning or if KextBest did it even though I selected /L/E. I removed them from /S/L/E.

#2 - WEG and NoVPAJpeg kexts gave an error about linking with Lilu.kext. This made me think about version numbers. WEG is 1.2.4 and NoVPAJpeg is 1.0.0. Lilu.kext was 1.2.5 installed by MultiBeast during install. I removed Lilu.kext and copied in the latest 1.2.8.
I again ran kextcache without error. I rebooted and VOILA!! Kexts are loaded and now I can Quicklook / Preview jpegs!! My system is complete. THANK YOU TO ALL!!

Hey man I'm trying to iron out some kinks in my ud5h 10.14.6 installation. mind sharing your EFI folder with me?

Well if anyone here can hepl

I installed with clover UEFI only recommended settings and drivers and I am writing from this machine.

Problems:
-SATA seen as generic
-1tb samsung m.2 on 4x pcie card is recognized as Sata not as NVME or PCIE card. (I don't plan to boot from it)
-And does not appear as NVME in system profile. (It used to in high Sierra)
-No combination of AHCI kext and or FAKE PCID and sibling, and RTC inject/detect and or DSDT patch seem to work
-Have tried both KEXT in LE and CL / Other methods, making sur if I did put kexts in LE I used Hackintools...
-ASMedia wich is suppseldy natively recognized isn't working (tested and it works on 2 other builds in Mojave)

All of which was working properly on HIGH SIERRA

Clover used for usb stick: r5103, updated to r5115. fresh and latest bios 16j.

bios settings : other os, UEFI and legacy (because I could not install with window 8 - UEFI only and CMS never). Xhci and EHCI handoff are ON (I only mention this related with what I think the problems are here).

I wonder if this was a mistake because after a lot of research seems my gtx 680 might not to be UEFI...but then again it does feed 2 screens at the moment a 2k dvi 27 inch and on 1080p Sony tv and yes I have HDMI sound)

I think this might have created AHCI problems too because and or feels like install has not completed totally or that kextcache:

And maybe USB too because while trying to do port injection:

-All my ports work, except if I use a usb2 device in one of my USB3 case header ports
-ioreg under USB seems weird see screen shot of usb section with 4 port usb 2 and 3 hub in "defective" usb 3 port
(and yes I want to do port configuration next, but...wit ioreg showing legacy stuff and chrome under usb headers....)

Maybe i'M just missing a driver or not using the right ones for this board or an ACPI rename...

And yes I have tried many fixes with patches in my config.plist file found elsewhere on this site to try to solve this and many, many, many, so many too many restarts and reboots config modifications robot etc etc etc...so yes I'm well aware that I might have some unnecessary DSDT Patches in my p list. But as I've tried every combination possible (patches with without, inject YES detect CSR on off - kext in LE or other combination I can think of...

Looking at the boot log all are allowed....

files provided efi folder - and screen shots - ioreg

other then that it boot well and fast lol.

Since I have started installing software I wonder if I can just try a new install over this installation. (that would be a shame because I've already did 2 security upgrades but at this point lol...

What am I missing

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.30.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.30.15 AM.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.28.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 11.28.20 AM.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.16.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.16.21 AM.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot otherud5hdriverfolderstructureanddrivers.png
    Screen Shot otherud5hdriverfolderstructureanddrivers.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.00.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.00.10 AM.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.00.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.00.00 AM.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 11.59.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 11.59.52 PM.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 11.55.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 11.55.48 PM.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 81
  • VED2MOHG.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 103
Hey there, I'm looking for someone who can help me bring back my Hackintosh alive. OK here's my build:

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH (Motherboard)

Intel Core i5 3570K/3.40GHz/6MB CACHE/LGA1155 Ivy Bridge (Processor)
[Overclocked 4.2 GHz]

Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2x4 GB) DDR 3 1600 MHz (RAM)
[will be adding another 8GB (2x4 GB) soon]

Cooler Master MWE650W 80 PLUS GOLD (Power Supply)
[Just changed into New PSU as the old PSU spoilt]

Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD (Storage)
[Installed Windows 10]

Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (Storage)
[NEW SSD For Hackintosh; Previously was using INTEL SSD 120 GB for Mountain Lion]

2 x Western Digital 1TB HDD (Backup Storage)
[1 For Windows & 1 For Hackintosh]

Cooler Master MA620P TUF (CPU Cooler)
[Replaced this New too, previously was using liquid cooleer]

Intel HD 4000 (onboard GPU)
[Will be adding RX580 soon, still in search for a good deal]

ASUS WiFi (USB Dongle)

COOLER MASTER SILENCIO 650 (Casing)

The story goes like this:
I was using OSX Mountain Lion on this build back in 2013, it was perfectly fine till I wanted to upgrade to High Sierra in 2017. I have successfully done a fresh install OSX High Sierra and was running fine till my PC gave a problem. It turns on for 2 seconds and turns off again. Due to my busy schedule, I just work on my MacBook Pro 13"(Mid 2012) and I couldn't do much about my PC and left it sleeping for almost 3 years now.

Due to Pandemic and Work From Home, I've decided to bring my PC back up running. Therefore, I've done my research on parts to change, upgrade, and have also purchased them. I've done installing Windows 10 on my SSD and it works fine. YEAY!!! my PC is fine.

3 days now and I still can't get through Step 1, Which is creating a USB INSTALLER. I'm Planning to Install macOS Catalina as I am comfortable with this OS using on my MacBook. I have a Job to complete and I would like to work on the Hackintosh as it will be smoother than my MacBook.

I Have tried Unibeast, Createinstallmedia, vanilla, and so on.
When I try to boot on my PC, the BIOS detects the USB, but not the UEFI.

Please help me to get it done to SUCCESS. or Share any Config.Plist/Kext/Drivers/ or STEPS just for this kind of build.
Your help is very much appreciated. If in need of any further details on my build please let me know. Thanks

[UPDATE]: Managed to pass Step 1. : When Erase, I didn't Select GUID Partition Map ( Silly Mistake )
Manage to view USB Installer on Clover, Proceeded but stuck on this arg shown below.

_dlil_attach_flowswitch_nexus: en0 9000 1500. (can view IMG_0480.jpg for reference)

Anyone knows how to solve this part.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hey there, I'm looking for someone who can help me bring back my Hackintosh alive. OK here's my build:

[UPDATE]: Managed to pass Step 1. : When Erase, I didn't Select GUID Partition Map ( Silly Mistake )
Manage to view USB Installer on Clover, Proceeded but stuck on this arg shown below.

_dlil_attach_flowswitch_nexus: en0 9000 1500. (can view IMG_0480.jpg for reference)

Anyone knows how to solve this part.

@Ghiri8588 Sorry you're running into trouble. While I've moved on from this generation motherboard and build for my use, and also moved from Clover to OpenCore as my bootloader, let me offer a couple pieces of advice that might help:

1. My approach to doing a build with this generation of motherboard is fully codified in the first post in this thread, admittedly for Mojave (not exactly the latest and greatest). I did a second thread that documented my approach to upgrading from Mojave to Catalina -- if that's your target OS, you could compile a recommended install process by carefully integrating the Catalina upgrade info on kext versions, etc., into the Mojave install approach.
  2. Carefully look at the versions of the TonyMac tools...I don't believe you can effectively use a tool like UniBeast that's targeted at Catalina to install a Mojave deployment, for instance. That might mean you can't use latest/greatest...but again, I'm not using UniBeast and MultiBeast anymore so I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate.
If you're brave and willing to experiment, you might want to just try using OpenCore and doing a custom config for your setup. I've not gone that far yet in my new build -- I built a known working config and used an OpenCore EFI folder someone else built -- but you can try the Dortania guides and look at other people's work for similar motherboards to help you get started.

Good luck!

@Ghiri8588 Sorry you're running into trouble. While I've moved on from this generation motherboard and build for my use, and also moved from Clover to OpenCore as my bootloader, let me offer a couple pieces of advice that might help:

1. My approach to doing a build with this generation of motherboard is fully codified in the first post in this thread, admittedly for Mojave (not exactly the latest and greatest). I did a second thread that documented my approach to upgrading from Mojave to Catalina -- if that's your target OS, you could compile a recommended install process by carefully integrating the Catalina upgrade info on kext versions, etc., into the Mojave install approach.
  2. Carefully look at the versions of the TonyMac tools...I don't believe you can effectively use a tool like UniBeast that's targeted at Catalina to install a Mojave deployment, for instance. That might mean you can't use latest/greatest...but again, I'm not using UniBeast and MultiBeast anymore so I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate.
If you're brave and willing to experiment, you might want to just try using OpenCore and doing a custom config for your setup. I've not gone that far yet in my new build -- I built a known working config and used an OpenCore EFI folder someone else built -- but you can try the Dortania guides and look at other people's work for similar motherboards to help you get started.

Good luck!
@mickelsn hey there, Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it.

I am still unable to solve it even spent days on researching, reading, Performing trials, and errors. I have done so much that I still believe I can somehow bring Catalina up on my build. YES, Catalina is my target as I am a hardcore Logic Pro user.

My Story:
Previously I was with Mojave on my MacBook Pro 9.2 (mid-2012). As Logic Pro upgraded their version to 10.16 only supports Catalina and not Mojave. Therefore I've upgraded Mojave to Catalina and using Logic Pro 10.16 on the MBP, but it's kinda struggling because it's a 2 core 4 threads i7 processor eventhough I have maxed out 16GB on it. I believe the i5-3570K Catalina build can handle this better than the MBP.

For now I really really need to get Catalina OS running on this build as I have received a Job to work on. As I build my career path successfully in the near future, I am definitely going to have another Latest Hackintosh build that can last me for at least 5 years or more.

Ok coming back to my build: I've tried OpenCore Yesterday. Spent the whole day and night reading, understanding, and going through the steps one by one Patiently trying, but still the same. I'm going to try OpenCore again tonight to see if I have missed out on anything.

If OpenCore still fails then my last resort is to follow your steps as you've mentioned:
  • My approach to doing a build with this generation of motherboard is fully codified in the first post in this thread, admittedly for Mojave (not exactly the latest and greatest). I did a second thread that documented my approach to upgrading from Mojave to Catalina -- if that's your target OS, you could compile a recommended install process by carefully integrating the Catalina upgrade info on kext versions, etc., into the Mojave install approach.
Meanwhile, I would really appreciate, if anyone can voice out any steps on OpenCore for my current build.

Please Help!!

Once again thank you so much @mickelsn, It's really nice of you to share. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back