Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Old Hack, New Tricks - Mojave on GA-Z77X-UP5 TH System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say I started pricing out a whole new system and after finding this post it got my current one updated and working flawlessly! Thank you so freaking much!

one question I have is in the clover configuration it said to set the resolution to 1600x900 but is there a way to just have it auto detect? This resolution looks pretty grainy on all my displays. Thank you!

Just want to say I started pricing out a whole new system and after finding this post it got my current one updated and working flawlessly! Thank you so freaking much!

one question I have is in the clover configuration it said to set the resolution to 1600x900 but is there a way to just have it auto detect? This resolution looks pretty grainy on all my displays. Thank you!

Sorry for the delayed reply...I've not worked too hard on auto-detecting resolution for Clover. I just set it to my monitor resolution and ignored it from there.

Are you running this with an Nvidia card or do you need a AMD.
I have
Fractal Design Define R4
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
i7 3770K
GTX980TX

I'm running mine with an old Nvidia card that is natively supported in the OS (GTX 650 Ti). I might move to an AMD card at some point, not sure. But it works just fine without web drivers for this vintage of Nvidia card -- which admittedly, is pretty sold and slow by today's standards. But so is an Ivy Bridge processor. :)

I’m just using the onboard Intel Hd4000. I use it for audio production so the graphics don’t really matter.

Thanks. I actually have one of these in another PC. Ill try it.

Hi Guys,

I'm having a hell of a time with This.

I have the same board running 3570k and an r9 270x but without the thunderbolt. (Z77X-UD5H) Was ruining Mavericks/Chameleon forever and I decided to upgrade it to Clover/Mojave. Everything works perfectly. I've had no issues except one. I have no audio devices showing up. Not even the HDMI audio of the dGPU

I have
AppleALC 1.4.9
Lilu 1.4.4
WhateverGreen 1.3.9

I've Checked with kextstat and all the kexts are loading.

Did I miss something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hi Guys,

I'm having a hell of a time with This.

I have the same board running 3570k and an r9 270x but without the thunderbolt. (Z77X-UD5H) Was ruining Mavericks/Chameleon forever and I decided to upgrade it to Clover/Mojave. Everything works perfectly. I've had no issues except one. I have no audio devices showing up. Not even the HDMI audio of the dGPU

I have
AppleALC 1.4.9
Lilu 1.4.4
WhateverGreen 1.3.9

I've Checked with kextstat and all the kexts are loading.

Did I miss something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I use an old USB audio adapter to provide 2-channel audio for my setup (all I need). It avoided lots of audio headaches in the early Hackintosh days, and I've just kept running it since it works. If you can find a cheap one (some list as low as $9 on Amazon), give it a shot and see if it solves your problem. Good luck!

So I originally followed this guide in November, and it went absolutely flawlessly. I wanted to wipe the drive and reinstall mojave due to some software conflicts (pro tools), and now im having issues. Ive followed your guide step-by-step multiple times and read all the comments. The install took 3 tries to actually complete, when last time i did this with the same USB drive, it worked first try. I have 2 main issues i cant solve:

1. Super slow boot time. Im using a brand new 256gb San Disk SSD, and previously it booted almost instantly. Now its closer to 2 minutes before it fully boots.

1. Using the internal Intel HD4000 graphics card, it doesnt dispaly at full resolution. The edge of my screen is cut off just about the thickness of the cursor all the way around. It wasnt until after i ran multibeast that this happened. Its like the graphics of OSX are not in HD. It has a lot of pixelation, like its set at a much lower resolution than it says it is. I have it hooked up to a 4k monitor, and two HD TVs and its the same across all 3.

If you can help with either of these id really appreciate it. Thank you!

So I originally followed this guide in November, and it went absolutely flawlessly. I wanted to wipe the drive and reinstall mojave due to some software conflicts (pro tools), and now im having issues. Ive followed your guide step-by-step multiple times and read all the comments. The install took 3 tries to actually complete, when last time i did this with the same USB drive, it worked first try. I have 2 main issues i cant solve:

1. Super slow boot time. Im using a brand new 256gb San Disk SSD, and previously it booted almost instantly. Now its closer to 2 minutes before it fully boots.

1. Using the internal Intel HD4000 graphics card, it doesnt dispaly at full resolution. The edge of my screen is cut off just about the thickness of the cursor all the way around. It wasnt until after i ran multibeast that this happened. Its like the graphics of OSX are not in HD. It has a lot of pixelation, like its set at a much lower resolution than it says it is. I have it hooked up to a 4k monitor, and two HD TVs and its the same across all 3.

If you can help with either of these id really appreciate it. Thank you!

Thanks for the comments on the guide...I'm by no means a Hackintoshing expert, but I can follow instructions reasonably well (just don't ask my wife's opinion). So I'm standing on the shoulders of others here quite a bit!

The best recommendation I have (since you're going back to an older version of the OS) is to ensure you're using the appropriate versions of the TonyMac tools for Mojave (UniBeast 9.30 and MultiBeast 11.3.0). If you're using the Catalina versions, it might be causing problems.

Good luck - I hope you get it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back