Contribute
Register

(Success) (NO PATCHES) Yosemite ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance + Xeon E3 1231 V3 + R9 280

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My specs:

ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance
Xeon E3 1231 V3
Asus AMD R9 280
2x4GB Kingston HyperX RAM
500GB PNY SSD

Hello! I installed Yosemite yesterday with UniBeast and everything is working now, sleep too!

I'M NOT INSTALLED PMPATCH OR KERNEL PATCHES. I DIDN'T NEED TO EDIT MY DSDT!

I used flags "GraphicsEnabler=No -v" on install. Then I formatted my Mavericks partition and installed yosemite. :beachball:

When it booted to OS X, I installed Chimera and I needed to use "Basic boot options" on MultiBeast to get org.chameleon.boot.plist.

ADD "kext-dev-mode=1" flag to kernel flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist! Because before I used this, my Network wasn't working when I installed FakeSMC to boot system. And when I installed network kexts, computer didn't boot. So i needed to reinstall Yosemite and I added flag kext-dev-mode=1 and then everything worked.

After that, if your sound is not working, install ALC1150 from MultiBeast and if network is not working then install AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 kext. If your network isn't working after that, go to Settings > Network > and press Use button on bottom right corner of window.

Now everything is working, sleep too! It takes ~30 seconds to fully shut power off on reboot too. It's only "problem" but it does not bother me. :mrgreen:

Graphics card is not fully supported so it gives low FPS on some games and sometimes when I turn PC on it shows static noise/snow on screen. But that happens only on sometimes. So I don't suggest you to buy this graphics card if you want to play games on Mac OS X side.

Before using another audio driver from an earlier MultiBeast, see this post as Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings.

I'm not sure how internal ALC1150 is working with Yosemite, because I got external USB sound card. The sound crackled little bit with ALC1150 on Mavericks....

Congrats to your success! I have the same motherboard, but with haswell cpu, even the installer freezes..
Tried changing some bios settings (secure mode disable, c states, etc), no luck so far.

Got it working.

ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance
Haswell i7 4770 (not K)
4gb x 2 Corsair RAM
SSD Samsung EVO 840
Integrated Graphics HD 4600 (my old Radeon 6870 exploded :problem:)
Ps: Dual Display

Installed using UniBeast, no flags needed, Then MultiBeast. the only thing that wasn't working was the Ethernet, then I used AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0. Win.

Attached is my MultiBeast config

Attachments

• MultiBeast Config.mb
    5 KB · Views: 325
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back