Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

it's my first post on this forum and I checked many threads and many advices to build a CustoMac, and I had an idea:

I have a PC which is working currently on Windows 10, and I thought that I could replace some parts of it (like the motherboard especially) to make a CustoMac without spending an arm to buy it, because I'm student and I do not have a lot of money.

I want to know first if the MSI GTX 760 is supported by the CustoMacs or if I must change my GPU,
and secondly I have a Intel Core i5 4440 CPU that I want to re-use (socket 1150)

I want to know what's the best motherboard for the 1150 socket to do a CustoMac.

I've also 8 GBytes of RAM in DDR3 (Crucial basics I think) and a SSD (I will re-buy another to install MacOS), and a CPU-fan (I will change it to something silent).

SO my questions are:

What's the best motherboard for the 1150 socket?
It the GTX 760 of MSI compatible with CustoMac?

What's the bests silent coolers for my CPU?

And I want to make my CustoMac with the beautiful BixFenix Neos (it seems like an old Mac Pro)

Thank you in advance for your answers, bye :)

Last edited:
Hi there,

it's my first post on this forum and I checked many threads and many advices to build a CustoMac, and I had an idea:

I have a PC which is working currently on Windows 10, and I thought that I could replace some parts of it (like the motherboard especially) to make a CustoMac without spending an arm to buy it, because I'm student and I do not have a lot of money.

I want to know first if the MSI GTX 760 is supported by the CustoMacs or if I must change my GPU,
and secondly I have a Intel Core i5 4440 CPU that I want to re-use (socket 1151)

I want to know what's the best motherboard for the 1151 socket to do a CustoMac.

I've also 8 GBytes of RAM in DDR3 (Crucial basics I think) and a SSD (I will re-buy another to install MacOS), and a CPU-fan (I will change it to something silent).

SO my questions are:

What's the best motherboard for the 1151 socket?
It the GTX 760 of MSI compatible with CustoMac?

What's the bests silent coolers for my CPU?

And I want to make my CustoMac with the beautiful BixFenix Neos (it seems like an old Mac Pro)

Thank you in advance for your answers, bye :)

You can still get this Asus socket 1150 motherboard for $126 at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TXBP1NS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Socket 1151 is not what you need with an I5-4440. That CPU only fits the 1150 socket. Your GTX 760 is fully compatible.

Depending on your connectivity needs the H81 chipset is super compatible and should be very affordable.

Thanks for your answer, I found this motherboard : https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00EIG2NP2/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Do you think it's okay and it will work? :)

thanks in advance
That board only has VGA output for the IGPU so you would need to use the 760 in macOS.

Gigabyte boards of that generation are pretty well proven. GA-H81N-D2H has HDMI. If you like ASUS this one doesn't have PCI slots and has an IGPU DVI port. They all have native USB and Realtek LAN which works with the driver.

That board only has VGA output for the IGPU so you would need to use the 760 in macOS.

Gigabyte boards of that generation are pretty well proven. GA-H81N-D2H has HDMI. If you like ASUS this one doesn't have PCI slots and has an IGPU DVI port. They all have native USB and Realtek LAN which works with the driver.

thank you man
I think I'll take the Asus one you advice me
after the setup can I use the HDMI or DVI port of my 760 or I must keep the motherboard one?

thank you man
I think I'll take the Asus one you advice me
after the setup can I use the HDMI or DVI port of my 760 or I must keep the motherboard one?
Yes, just choose PCI express graphics in firmware settings. Should you require the IGPU, it won't work via VGA in macOS.

Yes, just choose PCI express graphics in firmware settings. Should you require the IGPU, it won't work via VGA in macOS.

I don't need the IGPU, only the 760

Is it natively detected by the BIOS and I can directly put my screen on my graphic card? (DVI or HDMI)

I don't need the IGPU, only the 760

Is it natively detected by the BIOS and I can directly put my screen on my graphic card? (DVI or HDMI)
Yes it works as you would expect, sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back