Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] [need help for perfection] Yosemite 10.10.1 on Intel DQ77KB - Core i7 3770T with integrate

Motherboard
Yosemite 10.10.2
CPU
i7 3770T
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 (integrated)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
[complete SUCCESS] Yosemite 10.10.1 on Intel DQ77KB - Core i7 3770T with integrated HD 4000

NB: if you see missing information, let me know, I'll complete. It's easy to forget a detail that then cost hours so just ask.

This is a FANLESS configuration
- specific small factor case for passive heat dissipation (my model is not sold anymore, I bought it from Aleutia.com, model Relia)
- motherboard Intel DQ77KB with core i7 3770T (the T is *very* important here, it's low consumption e.g. low heat)
- 8Go RAM + SSD
- 2 USB2 + 4 USB3
- 2 ethernet (I use the second to give direct internet access to my VMs).
- 1 Display Port + 1 HDMI

The installation is rather straightforward following the official instructions.

Sources where I got the right information to succeed:
- for Yosemite: the general instructions on TonyMac
- for this motherboard: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ters-thin-miniitx-build-dq77kb-i3-3225-a.html (but I summed it here, I mention it just in case).

Globally, everything is working without a glitch
- install is quick if you follow this step-by-step (just redid it for a really clean & as vanilla as possible install).
- only issue: iMessage, can't log in (as everybody else as far as I know)
- everything else I could test works (ask me if I forgot to mention something important to you) : sound, 2 monitors, booting with both monitors, ethernet, turbo speed, usb3, App Store, sleep....
- fast boot : less then 10 seconds !

1/ Patch the motherboard with the latest bios version #56:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21313
- be sure to download as well the recovery ROM (last version is #48), in case of issue while flashing. At least, there is no worry to lose the motherboard here.
- patch using DPCIManager : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/87342-dpcimanager-1-5-open-beta.html
- then place it on a FAT32 MBR USB drive and use the board's F7 BIOS update option

Bios conf: nothing special... except set the internal video RAM to 64MB (e.g. "IGD"). Just follow the instructions given on TonyMac for Yosemite 10.10.1.

Boot with the USB, let it reboot *with* the USB then choose in Chimera to boot on the hard-drive. Applying the multibeast will make the hard-drive bootable (somehow, I don't understand it all, far from it in fact).

2/ Multibeast (using v7.1.1)

Select DSDT Free

Then remove
- [disk ] remove "3rd party SATA"
- [for Turbo speed step] remove "Generate CPU States"

And add
- [Audio] Realtek > ALC892 + optional HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio (note: this provides sound over Display Port. Over HDMI not tested but should work)
- [sensors] Fake SMC v6.11.1328 plugins but not not the app (download it from its source on the web, the one provided didn't work for me)
- [ ethernet ] AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0
- [for Turbo speed step] DropSSDT=Yes
- use iMac 13.2 (Mac Mini 6.1 & 6.2 work but block Turbo mode)

3/ Generate ssdt.aml (for Turbo step)

- download "ssdtPRGen.sh" from https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh using the curl command provided.
- in a terminal: cd to the directory where the file is, then "chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh" to make it executable
- execute it with this option: "./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3"
- yes to place the ssdt.aml in Extra folder
- then an error appears : "can't mount (...)" => ignore it (!!!)

Reboot! You're done!

4/ Benchmark

I use it mainly for web development and usual work (office, mail, web, ...). It's ultra smooth and totally silent since it's a fanless configuration (special case + low power 3770T). Of course, integrated video card means low graphic capacity, but enough for 2 monitors with 2540*1440 and 1920*1200 respectively.

NovaBench global score is around 1100. I don't know which benchmarks are relevant, I need to look this more closely).

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Then the usual tweaking with Multibeast:
- DSDT Free (with some options deactivated)
You didn't list the "some options deactivated" which would be helpful to know. (Please update your OP with this information.)

Motherboard
Yosemite 10.10.2
CPU
i7 3770T
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 (integrated)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Done! I rewrote a large part of my original post since I solved the last issues.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
How is the i7 3770T working on the DQ77KB?