Contribute
Register

[Success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE (CLOVER/Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE, i3-3217U (ethernet edition)

it is possible someone can help if you provide some more information about what steps you have followed so far - please try and describe what you have done so far.

This is my very first hackintosh and I am trying to install this without ethernet, since I don't have a long enough cable. I have not been able to get Wifi working yet, since Airport doesn't show up on the statusbar, maybe it is because I haven't been able to find the latest AirPortAtheros40.kext. Can someone point me in the right direction?

After updating to 1.8.5 (combo update) on my DC3217IYE, kernel went boom.
I followed the updated posts in SynGatesFan200s thread, and even though it's written for DC3217BY his giude has worked flawlessly.
Now I'm stuck and wonder if any one here have updated yet and experienced the same panics as me (attached dump)?

KP.jpg

I'm sorry, this turned out to be a bit of a double-posting. But since both threads have been the base for this first voyage of mine... well :)

cwelinder, as you have probably seen from other posts by now, there is a new version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in 10.8.5 that causes the kernel panic you are seeing. The easy way to fix this is to boot using your unibeast usb stick and install the patched version using the latest copy of multibeast.

cwelinder, as you have probably seen from other posts by now, there is a new version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in 10.8.5 that causes the kernel panic you are seeing. The easy way to fix this is to boot using your unibeast usb stick and install the patched version using the latest copy of multibeast.

Yeah, going at it tonight.
Thanks for all great response!

If anyone has sound issues after the update, download the dsdt and overwrite the current one in the "extra" folder. Reboot and thy shall have sound!

If anyone has sound issues after the update, download the dsdt and overwrite the current one in the "extra" folder. Reboot and thy shall have sound!

Hi, HDMI sound is the one thing that no longer works for me after 10.8.5 - could you clarify what you mean by 'download the dstd' - I have a modified version (patched using toleda's hdmi fix). Do you mean download the original DSTD from the motherboard and use that instead?

cheers

Sorry I should've made that more clear. I had originally downloaded the DSDT from syngatesfan200. I had a backup so just overwrote the one in the extra folder and it then worked. I had also tried updating the hd4000 kexts. This didn't appear to do anything which is why I tried the DSDT. I would try doing both though. Here is the link to the zip that contains the DSDT.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...edition-non-thunderbolt-edition-intel-nuc.zip

Thanks - I did try this but to no avail. Also after several day problem free operation, my bluetooth 'stopped working'. I am not sure what I did to cause this as I was doing a lot of fiddling around to get audio working. I suppose that I must have had a cached working copy of one of the kexts related to bluetooth and then at some point the cache was rebuilt and a non functioning version was released.

Anyhow, I could not put it right so I have reverted to 10.8.4 and will try again later.

Hey nab's, first of all, thanks for your great tutorial, my NUC is running 10.8.5 fine with bluetooth, WLAN, sleep & wake. I followed your instructions without any issues. Unfortunately, when i put my nuc in sleep I can send 5 Wake on LAN packages for the first 30 seconds but after that the only way waking up the machine is to push the power button. Then the NUC wakes like a charm. I already tried darkwake=10,8 or 0 but no success.

My Airport Card ist detected as Airport Extreme and Wake on Demand is also supported. In my Power Saving Settings I also checked "Wake on Ethernet Access". In BIOS I choosed Power On - Normal Boot for Wake on LAN S3/S4 Option. My Router is an Airport Extreme and the same OSX settings are working for my iMac too.

Does Wake on Demand works on your NUC properly? I want to use the NUC for my iTunes Server and don't want to have it running 24/7. Do you have any advise for me for troubleshooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back