Contribute
Register

[Success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE (CLOVER/Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] nab’s INTEL NUC DC3217IYE, i3-3217U (ethernet edition)

@BerndVP/@Chanquete69, glad you were able to make progress. I am afraid I am too much of a noob to advise you on your remaining niggles, but I can answer the original question and comment on my build:

Are there any other things I need to set up in the BIOS?

.. The only thing I changed was to set the graphics memory in your Bios to 128m.

My memory - according to system report - is correctly identified as 1600 MHz

At one point I forgot to install the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext in multibeast and the boot stopped at the same point reported by BerndVP

For HDML audio, I do have a DSTD patched based on the v42 bios - you are welcome to a copy if you like, but as noted above it is not substantively different from syngatesfan200's version, and either work for HDML on my NUC.

For wake from sleep - I did have one install with similar symptoms to chanquete69 (the system would sleep but would not restart without a poweroff) but I am 99% sure i missed one of the kext when doing the installation. After I followed syngatesfan200's install in the correct order then it worked (note it was necessary to set darkwake=10)

hope that helps!

@BerndVP/@Chanquete69, glad you were able to make progress. I am afraid I am too much of a noob to advise you on your remaining niggles, but I can answer the original question and comment on my build:

.. The only thing I changed was to set the graphics memory in your Bios to 128m.

My memory - according to system report - is correctly identified as 1600 MHz

At one point I forgot to install the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext in multibeast and the boot stopped at the same point reported by BerndVP

For HDML audio, I do have a DSTD patched based on the v42 bios - you are welcome to a copy if you like, but as noted above it is not substantively different from syngatesfan200's version, and either work for HDML on my NUC.

For wake from sleep - I did have one install with similar symptoms to chanquete69 (the system would sleep but would not restart without a poweroff) but I am 99% sure i missed one of the kext when doing the installation. After I followed syngatesfan200's install in the correct order then it worked (note it was necessary to set darkwake=10)

hope that helps!

I think the memory issue can be the HyperX DDR3 RAM... I think I gonna try to replace it with the Corsair that you are using.

Sleep works by me with just 'darkwake=0' I can resume the system by pressing a keyboard key or moving the mousse, but I need more testing for that.

Finally reinstalled everything again using the v42 DSDT And working flawlessly! Thank You very much for your help.

Finally reinstalled everything again using the v42 DSDT And working flawlessly! Thank You very much for your help.

Did you use the items I delivered ?!
If so, no problem! Glad to hear that it works!

Yes, your two files plus extra kexts from multibeast.

My DW1702 arrived today. Edited Info.plist from atheros firmware and Bluetooth and wifi recognized well, but my trackpad freezes a lot. It doesnt disconnect, simply no response during a couple of seconds. No matter Being near or far from Nuc, so it is unusable. I had to uninstall the card and go back to my belkin USB Bluetooth... Anyone with the same problem?
Another compatible bluetooth + wifi module working without kexts? Thank you very much!

Hi Chanquete69, I am afraid that we all have the same problem with this card - namely that mightymouse and trackpad gestures cause BT to stop working. If it is any consolation, I have tried a couple of el cheapo bluetooth mice and they work like a charm and the same is true for my new logitech wireless keyboard. My MM went on ebay :(

Thank you for your info. Finally I have bought another wifi only mini pcie card, an AR9280 one, and I wil use the Belkin USB bluetooth... I think this is not the best solution, but will work out of the box!

This machine is awesome. I have installed XBMC and it runs every video I tried without using too much CPU, and I have installed OpenEmu and every emulator runs full speed! Even Dreamcast emulator lxdream runs well!! This is incredible for this small box... I couldn't be happier.

How did you get past the frozen grey screen?
I am still stuck there..
I am using A data memory pc3 1600 mhz cl 11.
could this be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back